Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

The art situation with Wonder Woman just continues to be chaotic. Chris Conroy left a real mess for his successor there. No less than five artists for Wilson's run so far, and one more with the coming solicited issues.

Surprised that Mairghread Scott is off Batgirl. There seems to be no hard feelings involved, but it's a pity that she couldn't get a longer run—I liked the way that she created a mature Babs where you could still see traces of her old Oracle arc. And having evil Oracle feels like DC is shitting on twenty years of Babs's history and some of the strongest legacies of Yale, Ostrander, Dixon, and Simone.

Good to see Tynion revisiting some of the fallout from The Witching Hour with the Parliament of Flowers in the Annual.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    - What better way to celebrate Aquaman's latest 50th then the return of Black Manta and Arthur finally meeting Jackson/Aqualad. On the negative side, why is DC forcing the Mamoa look in the comics? I mean, the long hair and beard was one thing but the tattoos? Aren't those a culturally Hawaiian thing? They just don't work. It's also really silly when Mamoa wore the classic suit in the movie.
    Yeah, they are based around Haiwaiin tribal tatoos. From what I can see, the spiraling, geometric deisgns are more Haiwaiin than some of the other Polynesian ritual tatoos.

- "Mr. Thunderbolt?" Any relation to Johnny Thunder?
    Probably not, he's an existing Dial H villain.

- A Multiversal Green Lantern adventure? Hal's family? A possible new GL sidekick? Sounds like even more interesting stuff happening in Morission's run.
    My money is on Hal's cousin Airwave!

Batman
    Detective
    Harley Quinn
    Young Justice

Maybe that Lobo variant of Teen Titans.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Extraordinary Member

Loving this one:

JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA: THE LAST SURVIVORS OF EARTH! TP
    written by DENNIS O’NEIL, ROBERT KANIGHER and MIKE FRIEDRICH
    art by DICK DILLIN and JOE GIELLA
    montage cover
    The Justice League of America welcomed the start of the 1970s with these tales from issues #77-84, #86-92, #94 and #95! In these stories that reflected the social issues of the day, the World’s Greatest Heroes are betrayed by Snapper Carr, who’s being manipulated by The Joker. Plus, the Vigilante comes out of retirement to help the team learn the truth behind a pollution-blasting factory; the team faces a Thanagarian arch-villain; the Red Tornado fights for his freedom; the survivors of a sunken continent that abandoned Earth return to wipe out humanity and much more!

ON SALE 08.14.19
    $34.99 US | 416 PAGES

Action Comics 1013
    Red Hood 36

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

My usual pulls of Green Lantern, Wonder Woman and Shazam.
    And so happy Doom Patrol is back!

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    -Finally Aqualad is going to meet Aquaman. Hopefully they can redeem this character because Percy dropped the ball hard on Jackson. His Brightest Day origin was just way better.
    I'm just glad to see them finally using him in an Aquaman book.
    -Kate Spencer is finally back as Manhunter! Would much prefer if the detective team was Elongated Man instead of Plastic Man.
    Yeah, I don't get why Plas is there in a big "investigation" story (aside from popularity, I guess).
    -Wonder who the new Doctor Fate is going to be? Khalid?
    Would he really be a new Doctor Fate though?
    Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    The art situation with Wonder Woman just continues to be chaotic. Chris Conroy left a real mess for his successor there. No less than five artists for Wilson's run so far, and one more with the coming solicited issues.
    We're a far cry from the days of Liam Sharp and Nicola Scott alternating.
    Surprised that Mairghread Scott is off Batgirl. There seems to be no hard feelings involved, but it's a pity that she couldn't get a longer run—I liked the way that she created a mature Babs where you could still see traces of her old Oracle arc. And having evil Oracle feels like DC is shitting on twenty years of Babs's history and some of the strongest legacies of Yale, Ostrander, Dixon, and Simone.
    Well, that's disappointing. It finally seemed like the title was getting back on-track in more ways then one, and then she just leaves .

I'm not crazy about evil Oracle either. I just don't think writers know what to do with the concept anymore with Babs as Batgirl now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jody Garland View Post
    Yeah, they are based around Haiwaiin tribal tatoos. From what I can see, the spiraling, geometric deisgns are more Haiwaiin than some of the other Polynesian ritual tatoos.
    Which, considering comic Aquaman is a pretty definitive white dude...seems kind of problematic.
    Ah! That makes more sense.
    My money is on Hal's cousin Airwave!
    Be cool to see him again. Would fit the "family" focus.

Sir Hal of the Lantern

Quote Originally Posted by Slim Shady View Post
    Sir Hal of the Lantern
    Our boy is moving up the ranks even more so than usual.

Mighty Member

Not sure if anyone caught this (or cared), but the contents of the Geoff Johns Flash v6 changed up from the advanced solicit on Edelweiss - Final Crisis: Rogue's Revenge is now included and they've dumped out the first 6 issues of the Flash "ongoing"
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by bob/.schoonover View Post
    Not sure if anyone caught this (or cared), but the contents of the Geoff Johns Flash v6 changed up from the advanced solicit on Edelweiss - Final Crisis: Rogue's Revenge is now included and they've dumped out the first 6 issues of the Flash "ongoing"
    They'll probably repackage his final run as the seventh and final trade.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jody Garland View Post
    They'll probably repackage his final run as the seventh and final trade.
    Agreed. I suppose it'll just be a question of whether or not they put Flashpoint in the last collection with issues 1-12.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Our boy is moving up the ranks even more so than usual.
    He’s a total bad ass here. I’m loving it.

Morrison and Sharp are going wild in the GL world.

What the heck ... DC quietly raised price of ‘prime’ books to $4.99 ... all these are standard 32 page books at $4.99:
    -Batman Who Laughs (Snyder/Jock)
    -Batman Curse of the White Knight (Murphy)
    -Batman Universe (Bendis/Derington)
    -Superman Up in the Sky (King/Kubert/Hope)
    -Wonder Woman Come Back to Me (Connor/Palmiotti/Hardin)

Additional money grabs by DC:
    -variants with “card stock” costing an extra $1
    -every 25 issues now oversized (at least there’s additional pages for the extra $1)

I’m really enjoying DC but these further price gouges have me dropping / not picking up books.
    Last edited by comicfiend; 04-13-2019 at 12:17 PM.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Yeah the art on WONDER WOMAN has been really frustrating. Too many changes in tone and style. Sad too, since I really wanted to be on board for Wilson's WW but comics are collaborative yo. I need a full experience.

Take a look at THE GREEN LANTERN, Morrison and Sharpe are just killing it. The art and writing just go together like the Beatles. It's just fantastic.