Quote Originally Posted by paulojrmam View Post
Isn't it true that every book, especially the less popular ones, from time to time has a big character guest-appearing, being highlighted on the cover and all? Not only to leverage sales, but also because it's a connected universe. Isn't that enough? To me it's weird that the Outsiders must have Batman on the title and not only guest-appearing sometimes. In fact, to me it would seem to be more effective that way, so they can use many different characters and not just Batman to lure readers in. Besides, team books aren't easier to sell? I mean, an Outsiders book would attract fans of each of its members.
It's true that the sales increases when a big character guess appear, but these sales tend to fall in the next issue.

Also, it depends of other editors to allow guest stars to appear, so Outsiders won't control its guess stars.

Team books aren't necessarilly easier to sale. Even if you combine all fans (and ignoring that there will be overlap between fans), as these are minor characters, the sales not necessarily will be high. That's why they need Batman.