Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

I have a love for DC COMICS and BATMAN is my hero of choice! It's what started me collecting comics/toys seriously in the 80's and much of my childhood in the 70's was molded by my affection for the character (toys, '66 show, cartoons, underoos, you name it...I had it). With that said, Dick is my second favorite character (be it in Robin form or as Nightwing). I would have no problems at all with DC retiring Bruce at some point (be it a death, crippling, retirement, etc) and Dick is THE choice to become Batman in my universe. Having him as Batman and Damien as Robin would be a perfect match in my mind and would be a suitable PERMANENT solution if DC ever decided to sideline Bruce.

Astonishing Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Despite being Nightwing longer than he was Robin by now, he's still expected to succeed Bruce. It's worse when you realize that Batman has at least four other Robins that could fill the role.
    A little bit. There's a certain pride of being the go-to guy to be Batman, but it's also not what the character wants if he can help it.

I personally like it for the closed circle of storytelling. The guy Batman trained became Batman while he trained Batman's son, but I'm also okay with the other kids becoming Batman. Tim, for example, who is often touted as the best detective.

All in all, I'm okay with him being the second, immediate Batman, but not permanently. Only until Tim's body fit the costume for example, and by the time Damian grew up, he should be wise enough to take over.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    I feel like it him constantly being attached to Batman is limiting to his character.
    This is the bigger problem because this affects him even when he's not Batman.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 04-17-2019 at 04:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Terry is basically JPV with a cartoon.
    And this is basically wrong.
    "Age is not defined by years, but by regrets...I'm an old man now." --Fighting Yank, "Project Superpowers"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Terry is basically JPV with a cartoon.
    I love both Terry and JPV, and I don't see the similarities.