Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Spectacular Member

As a kid, going to the cinemas with my family to watch the Hellboy movie in 2004 blew my mind away. I thought Hellboy was the coolest hero ever. After that, I became a huge fan and started reading the comics.

Since his brief appearance in Next Men 21, a few months before the publication of Seed of Destruction #1. I was already a fan of Mignola from his 80's work at Marvel and DC and pretty much collected anything he pencilled.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Never heard of Hellboy until the movies and Perlman made me fall in love with the character.

I loved the mythology, but it was very confusing with all of the different titles and minis so I stayed away. But once the omnis came out it was amazing and I enjoy rereading everything once a year

Lotta MAGA turds apparently jumped ship today. Can't imagine spending 20 years reading these comics only to have to be told Hellboy is against Nazi ideals. Wild.

https://twitter.com/artofmmignola/st...09897550991360
    Last edited by Joker; 09-20-2020 at 12:22 AM.

It's almost like they've never read the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Babylon23 View Post
    Since his brief appearance in Next Men 21, a few months before the publication of Seed of Destruction #1. I was already a fan of Mignola from his 80's work at Marvel and DC and pretty much collected anything he pencilled.
    Same here. Thought Cosmic Odyssey was great.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Lotta MAGA turds apparently jumped ship today. Can't imagine spending 20 years reading these comics only to have to be told Hellboy is against Nazi ideals. Wild.

https://twitter.com/artofmmignola/st...09897550991360
    Love it!

There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

"Keep politics out of art" they say, having apparently never looked at art.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    "Keep politics out of art" they say, having apparently never looked at art.
    This always cracks me up. A few weeks ago I saw people throwing a fit that politics was coming up during a Joe Strummer tribute stream. It’s like these people never heard a Clash song in their life. Guess it’s just willful ignorance

I mean, Hellboy sure punches Nazis, but wanting Joe Fucking Strummer to not be political is bananas. The Clash were an intensely political band.

I miss Joe.

Amazing Member

where are the maga turds going to find pro Trump comics. Don't think Marvel has a Hate Monger series.

I’m sure there’s someone making Right Wing comics about real American Heroes out there somewhere.

Anyway, for all the book burning, Mignola has gained followers on Instagram.