Incredible Member

Default Plutonian vs Omni-Man

Battle of the Indie Superman rip offs. Fight takes place in Khazan arena, standard rules. Both are at the pinacle of their powers towards the end of their respective series. Who wins?

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

While I have much less affection for the character, I'm pretty sure the Plutonian takes it. As I recall he was pretty much post crisis Superman (outracing radio signals, shoving island nations into the ocean, crap like that) before he discovered bunch of other weird upgrades. Nolan Grayson was juuuust below that bracket in strength and durability and didn't have anywhere near the speed feats.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    While I have much less affection for the character, I'm pretty sure the Plutonian takes it. As I recall he was pretty much post crisis Superman (outracing radio signals, shoving island nations into the ocean, crap like that) before he discovered bunch of other weird upgrades. Nolan Grayson was juuuust below that bracket in strength and durability and didn't have anywhere near the speed feats.
    Agreed, Nolan is a great character but he's not in end of series Plutonian's league by any stretch.

Spectacular Member

Plutonian would wipe out the Viltrumites by himself.

Incredible Member

Just what league was Omni-Man's strength? My understanding was he was a beast.

Quote Originally Posted by T-1000 View Post
    Just what league was Omni-Man's strength? My understanding was he was a beast.
    He's really strong. Chucks things into space real easy, hurls things around the globe, tears massively durable beings apart with his bare hands.

Like... Conquest and Mark, who were both likely weaker than Nolan at the time, having what amounted to a hyper violent wrestling match, obliterated a large chunk of a mountain range just by fighting on it.

Mark, at a time when he literally was taking nukes to the face with no damage and being caught in city obliterating explosions with minimal damage was still very much vulnerable to someone of Nolan's strength.

But, the Plutonian is a reality warping being that tanks being inside prisons made out of a collapsing star and other such madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    He's really strong. Chucks things into space real easy, hurls things around the globe, tears massively durable beings apart with his bare hands.

Like... Conquest and Mark, who were both likely weaker than Nolan at the time, having what amounted to a hyper violent wrestling match, obliterated a large chunk of a mountain range just by fighting on it.

Mark, at a time when he literally was taking nukes to the face with no damage and being caught in city obliterating explosions with minimal damage was still very much vulnerable to someone of Nolan's strength.

But, the Plutonian is a reality warping being that tanks being inside prisons made out of a collapsing star and other such madness.
    I agree with most of this, but Mark and Nolan felt pretty much even at that point and it wasn't long before Mark starts overtaking him, and Conquest was stronger than either of them. Mark mostly won by wanting it more.

Ultimate Member

Isn't Plutonian like the Sentry?

He's presented like a "Superman" but he's much more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    I agree with most of this, but Mark and Nolan felt pretty much even at that point and it wasn't long before Mark starts overtaking him, and Conquest was stronger than either of them. Mark mostly won by wanting it more.
    I'd need to check the comics to be sure, I'm reasonably sure that Nolan was still a bit above Mark at that time. I think based on how they are presented in relation to Thragg.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I'd need to check the comics to be sure, I'm reasonably sure that Nolan was still a bit above Mark at that time. I think based on how they are presented in relation to Thragg.
    They both got thrashed pretty hard there. Like, humiliated. Mark actually managed to draw a drop of blood from him as I recall, but I wouldn't draw many conclusions when he tore through both like putty.

I think the only point of reference which implied an edge was Nolan being slightly ahead of Mark when they did the planet crush thing, tugging Mark up to his place. But that was like a foot lead. Pretty subtle.

Nothing especially implied Nolan was above Conquest though.
    Last edited by Captain Morgan; 04-16-2019 at 12:31 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Isn't Plutonian like the Sentry?

He's presented like a "Superman" but he's much more than that.
    In terms of strength and speed, he's pretty much peaks at Superman post-Crisis levels. However because of the nature of his powers, he actually has a much wider range and is on the scale of Sentry though he could never actually beat Sentry in a direct fight.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by T-1000 View Post
    In terms of strength and speed, he's pretty much peaks at Superman post-Crisis levels. However because of the nature of his powers, he actually has a much wider range and is on the scale of Sentry though he could never actually beat Sentry in a direct fight.
    Yeah, I don't think he can't beat Sentry.

But he's a lot like the Sentry in that all his feats aren't really based around strength and speed but more like him basically manipulating matter. Towards the end of Irredeemable, he was morphing into a Dr Manhattan analogue.