Default Nicol Bolas (Magic the Gathering) invades the Land of Light.

The mighty Dragon of Magic The Gathering invades Ultraman's home in his lust for teleporters.

Which Ultraman is strong enough to stop him?
    There is no "overkill". There is only "open fire" and "I need to reload.".

I like to think the 90s was the time when comics hit puberty. They’d grown out of being endearing but hadn’t yet figured out where to channel their emotions to not be utterly whiny cocks. -Beadle

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Wow, he is way harsher than than the sweet looking elderly dragon on the card I had as a child implied. I just assumed he destroyed your hand because he took all your books to read. But apparently he's Megatron.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    Wow, he is way harsher than than the sweet looking elderly dragon on the card I had as a child implied. I just assumed he destroyed your hand because he took all your books to read. But apparently he's Megatron.
    Beast Wars Megatron to be specific

They're gonna want to take him out with beams. Nicol Bolas drives people insane with a touch. Even people in his own weight class of power like Ugin get stunned senseless.

Does Bolas have his army? The God-Eternals would make pretty good kaiju in their own right.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Also he's REALLY good at breaking shields and stuff when he wants to.

Gideon's whole gimmick is he's the toughest most indestructible fighter-guy around, with powerful shields to save people.

One poke from Bolas went right through Gideon's shields, invulnerability, everything and left him totally defeated.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Like, I'm not saying the Land of Light can't win. They've got some insane shenanigans of their own. And Bolas *can* be hurt with enough power (at least in his current post-Mending form).

But brawling is a big part of their modus operandi and that's not going to work out well against Nicol Bolas.

BANNED

Worst case scenario, the Ultras somehow cause Belial to respawn and its THIS all over again...

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    Also he's REALLY good at breaking shields and stuff when he wants to.

Gideon's whole gimmick is he's the toughest most indestructible fighter-guy around, with powerful shields to save people.

One poke from Bolas went right through Gideon's shields, invulnerability, everything and left him totally defeated.
    The scary thing is that Bolas disassembled Gideon's shield like a mechanic. Gideon was able to briefly go toe-to-toe with a kaiju-sized world-destroying eldritch horror and take its blows head on. His shields didn't fail. But Bolas took one look at Gideon and pierced a claw through Gideon like a bubble. This was after bouncing Gideon repeatedly off a wall with his tail like a basketball for fun. While toying with 4 other Planeswalkers at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    The scary thing is that Bolas disassembled Gideon's shield like a mechanic. Gideon was able to briefly go toe-to-toe with a kaiju-sized world-destroying eldritch horror and take its blows head on. His shields didn't fail. But Bolas took one look at Gideon and pierced a claw through Gideon like a bubble. This was after bouncing Gideon repeatedly off a wall with his tail like a basketball for fun. While toying with 4 other Planeswalkers at the same time.
    I mean, it was made clear that if Kozilek bothered to use any actual powers at all Gideon's invulnerability wouldn't do anything, so kind of an asterisk there.

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    I mean, it was made clear that if Kozilek bothered to use any actual powers at all Gideon's invulnerability wouldn't do anything, so kind of an asterisk there.
    Kozilek was doing his usual kaiju flailing. I'd agree that Kozilek certainly wasn't paying Gideon the kind of attention that it used to rip Lorthos limb from limb, but I read those stories and cannot recall any passage that made what you're saying clear.

BANNED

I forgot three things.

First, Ultraman King. When Belial set off the "Super Dimensional Eradication Bomb" above, he set off a chain reaction that would actually have destroyed that universe. King spread his energy over the entire universe, and held it together against the bomb's effect. Hell, he even had enough energy left in the tank to lend Geed some through his capsule, hence the " Royal Mega-Master" form.

Note that Belial eventually grew even stronger than Zero, and nearly killed him as Belial Atrocious. Geed beating him was "nothing short of a miracle."

King? He one-shotted Belial and imprisoned him within a couple of seconds.

Secondly, the Land of Light is the Ultra Homeworld. However, Ultras are scattered throughout an entire multiverse. Recalling all the Land of Light's forces, and calling in all its allies, you're probably going to end up with something you'd need the Royal House of Jurai to deal with.

Lastly, "Ultra Adaptability."

These guys are like PC Superman when it comes to pulling powers out of their proverbial bums. We began to see "combinations" with Ultraman Legend and Ultraman Saga. Nowadays Geed spams combinations and new powers like its no-one's business thanks to Capsule tech(which was in turn pulled out of Ultraman Hikari's bum...)

Hell their powers even work on the psionic plane(Belial did this several times with Geed, but failed to take him over even with the Reyonics link...because FRIENDSHIP!)

Hell, even Zero got in on the act and began amping himself to insane levels. So, yeah. The Land of Light might be full of techno rainbows and ultra-unicorns, but its inhabitants? No pushover.