Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

The character doesn't get any of the training or gear Dr. Strange does. The replacement has to stand on their own two feet. That's why I figure few would have a chance. Like, I guess they get a small amount of tine to read up on some of the goons and ghouls they're going to have to be dealing with now, hut that's it .

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel-Studios Rep View Post
    The character doesn't get any of the training or gear Dr. Strange does. The replacement has to stand on their own two feet. That's why I figure few would have a chance. Like, I guess they get a small amount of tine to read up on some of the goons and ghouls they're going to have to be dealing with now, hut that's it .
    The issue there is that even Strange couldn't do the job without all of that stuff. On top of that, the Eye, the Cloak, the Sanctum and some other things come with the job: Brother Voodoo got them when he took the role.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Astonishing Member

If we can step outside of Marvel Urza could probably do it, but Earth would be a blasted wasteland afterwards.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel-Studios Rep View Post
    As big notes, this means that a lot of people being put forward just aren't going to manage. Stark, for example, is now a complete non-starter.

Again, I go back to Dr. Doom as kind of being the baseline, and it's something he's going to need to work on full-time.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Eternity, or possibly Loki posing as Eternity, told Hank Pym that he is Earth's Scientist Supreme. But the idea of Pym trying to defend earth from Dormammu seems really sad.

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Kent Nelson Fate might just say "Earth is attacked FAR too often, Imma chuck it into the sun" and be done with it.
    Then when Dormammu shows up confused about where Earth is, Fate throws HIM into the sun too. Won't really do anything to old Furnace Face, but it gets Fate's point across.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    Eternity, or possibly Loki posing as Eternity, told Hank Pym that he is Earth's Scientist Supreme. But the idea of Pym trying to defend earth from Dormammu seems really sad.
    I dunno, I could totally buy Pym secretly encasing The Dorm in a pocket dimension which he keeps in his pocket that is a fake version of the real 616 universe, so Dormammu blissfully goes on his way conquering through 616a, besting Faux-din in mortal combat before moving up to beat Galactors and Eter-not-y.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    Scientist Supreme was such a totally BS idea. Some writer got things completely wrong.

The Sorcerer Supreme isn't some dude who happens to be 'The Best Sorcerer in the Cosmos'. I mean, he usually *IS*, but not always. Take Brother Voodoo for example; dude wasn't the best around by any stretch, but was chosen as correct for the position because of what the position entails. It's not just some title that requires some opposite number; it's a JOB.

It's a position where one actually has the responsibility for keeping the Earth Dimension safe from all manner of extradimensional threats. One basically gets appointed as Voltron, Defender of the Universe by the Vishanti (because they're -- mostly -- positive forces who want to keep the bad guys away), gets the gear that goes along with the position to help, and then gets stuffed into the breach and told 'Defend'.

So...in addition to being silly, the whole 'scientist supreme' makes zero sense.

And yeah, Beadle's idea aside (and Furnace Face, when given time to think and not automatically lead with his ego, is quite intelligent and given to detecting this kind of weirdness -- has actual feats), I'm none too sanguine on Hank's odds.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Then when Dormammu shows up confused about where Earth is, Fate throws HIM into the sun too. Won't really do anything to old Furnace Face, but it gets Fate's point across.
    True.

Sadly, Furnace Face then returns to Fate, beats him silly, stuffs *him* in the sun, and possibly folds the sun into a black hole or the like before corking it and drop-kicking it into some awful dimension somewhere else.

The Dorm is perfectly capable of some interesting over-reaction himself.

2022 Edit: To avoid necromancy, editing here for great justice. As the comic 'Strange' points out, Clea would be a great sub for Stephen.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 08-10-2022 at 06:56 AM.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate