Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hellboy 2019

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    I enjoyed it for what it gave, I expected a wild ride that was not going to be the deep, well put together classic trip we are used to with the MCU,
    I'm not sure I'd call the MCU movies deep per say I guess compared to some other movies maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    I'm not sure I'd call the MCU movies deep per say I guess compared to some other movies maybe?
    Alot of people would disagree. But its subjective

Still gonna go see this on Saturday though I'm now not expecting much.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Alot of people would disagree. But its subjective

Still gonna go see this on Saturday though I'm now not expecting much.
    Probably a lot of MCU fans but CBM in general aren't really considered as deep by the larger movie going public at least from what I've seen.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Except that nobody wanted to give him the money to make the movie he wanted to make. He also happily worked on other projects for the ten years following The Golden Army, and any potential 3rd Hellboy sat among his many many abandoned projects.

People act like this **** was yanked out from underneath him, but it really wasn't. A decade later, you don't really have a stake to claim.

That's no defense of the quality of this reboot, because it sounds awful, but the two are hardly related.
    Eh it's a reboot. Reboots don't usually do as well as the original especially when they have a cult following like Hellboy. I'd say there's a connection but it being reportedly horrible isn't helping it. I still plan on seeing it tho.
    Last edited by CliffHanger2; 04-21-2019 at 05:18 AM.

this movie turned out about as well as I expected given the trailers. I prefered Del Toro and Ron Perlman's version personally. More consistent tone and direction among other things

funny review:

The J-man

I saw it and liked it. It had some fun moments and the cast had good chemistry with each other. However, I'm not sure the Wild Hunt was the right story to start out with as you felt like you were in the middle of an ongoing narrative you already should know about versus a story you could jump into.

The whole theme of Hellboy questioning whether or not they should be fighting monsters or if it actually solves anything was a good idea but not executed well. The second film did this theme better even if it had some flaws in its execution.

Saw it and I enjoyed it. It wasnt great but I had fun there some cool stuff and Harbor had great comedic timing as Hellboy. Not theres alot of unneccessary F bombs. Which I cuss way too much in real life and i was annoyed at how the F word was inserted in someplace in no meaningful way. And the foul language wasnt nearly as natural and creative as something like Deadpool. Also I loved that it embraced the Gore but again there was Gore where it wasnt needed and just felt excessive. I loved the fight with Hellboy and the witch lady in the moving house. The way she moved was genuinely creepy. Naw iono why BeeBop from Ninja turtle was in this but I liked him alot more then there Milas character. I've never read a hellboy comics but liked the last 2 movies and I enjoyed this for what it was. Wish it did better and got a sequel with better budget. Watching the movie Hellboys fist looked like a guy just wearing a glove. Only when his arm was covered did it feel like an actual hand and not Harbors hand going into bulky glove. Like the End scene though with this movie performance we probaly wont see they're take on that character

Hellboy is taking the biggest hit from Avengers, unfortunately for its fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    Hellboy is taking the biggest hit from Avengers, unfortunately for its fans.
    Wasnt it having issues before avengers came out? Thought It had a horrible opening weekend already. I enjoyed it though I'd watch a sequel but I wont lose any sleep If it doesn' get one.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Wasnt it having issues before avengers came out? Thought It had a horrible opening weekend already. I enjoyed it though I'd watch a sequel but I wont lose any sleep If it doesn' get one.
    It finished well behind SHAZAM and had the worst reviews for a Superhero movie since FF2015.

Actually...I'm more interested in seeing Heckboy.