Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Thanos vs Hela

BANNED

Default Thanos vs Hela

Would Thanos MCU beat Hela from MCU?

round 1: no IG

Round 2: with IG

round 3: both get there armies

Thanos wins 2 and 3. He turns her into a teacup or nukes her to smithereens.

Round 1 he gets turned into a pin cushion.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

That reminds me, I'm sure Thanos was biding his time until Odin died, or that Odin's death signaled the start of the real plan. After all, the major interstellar powers know of the Asgardians.

But nothing indicates that Thanos knew of Hela or that he could have anticipated the events of Ragnarok. I imagine his ship was en route to Asgard only to see it fall with long distance sensors, hence coming across the refugee ship. "Whoa. That's like half the job done right there. This DOES bring a smile on my face!"

Of course though, if Thanos arrived at Asgard at any point that Hela was in charge during the movie, there's nothing to indicate that he could withstand Hela without the Power Gem, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    That reminds me, I'm sure Thanos was biding his time until Odin died, or that Odin's death signaled the start of the real plan. After all, the major interstellar powers know of the Asgardians.

But nothing indicates that Thanos knew of Hela or that he could have anticipated the events of Ragnarok. I imagine his ship was en route to Asgard only to see it fall with long distance sensors, hence coming across the refugee ship. "Whoa. That's like half the job done right there. This DOES bring a smile on my face!"

Of course though, if Thanos arrived at Asgard at any point that Hela was in charge during the movie, there's nothing to indicate that he could withstand Hela without the Power Gem, either.
    That all makes sense to me. I like that interpretation.

Although he still had the power stone at the start of the movie. He could probably frag Asgard at range and wipe out Hela that way.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

I'd favor Hela in Round 1. Hela and Thanos have comparable levels of strength, but Hela's necro-weapons gives her not only a long-range advantage but an edge in CQC. That, and she has insane levels of durability that is fortified by a Wolverine-level healing factor.

But giving Thanos a single Infinity Stone changes everything. With the Power Stone, Thanos would turn Asgard--and Hela along with it--into stardust. With the Infinity Gauntlet, it's infinitely one-sided.

I'll have to think about Round 3. I'm assuming there are no Infinity Stones involved in this scenario, so it's Thanos w/ the Black Order, Chitauri, and Outriders vs. Hela, Fenris, and an undead army of Asgardians. If Hela commands the armies of Asgard, like how she did back in her heyday before Odin imprisoned her, then she has a huge advantage. If that isn't the case, then I'm not sure. Hela's undead army might be able to stop the Chitauri, depending on who joins their undying ranks, but the Outriders would prove too much. Fenris is a powerhouse and watching him square off against, say, Cull Obsidian would be one for the books, but I can't see him lasting against Thanos, Ebony Maw, or the entire Black Order.

Then again, Hela is a one-person army. She is a breathing WMD. Thanos is honestly better off proposing to her. :P

Incredible Member

I think Thanos takes all three, to be honest.

The second two are pretty one-sided, I believe.
    However, the first one... I re-watched Hela and she is presented as a total wrecking crew.
    But, her best feat comes from the fight with Thor in the throne room. Her weapons were strong enough to cut Thor, with a clean hit tearing out an eye. The other to his stomach was more than close enough to cut much deeper but he was too durable.

The other scene where she takes on the Asgardian army has her tearing apart a but of Asgardians but none with the feats to stand up to say, The Hulk, whom would easily trash that entire army.
    One of the blades actually pierces through her. She regenerates it rather quickly, of course, but that is not the best of scenes for her really.
    Thanos, however, has things like casually squeezing his hand to cause Thor's head to crack, absolutely wrecking the Hulk, so much so that Hulk was covered in blood and completely helpless while Thanos overwhelmed him like he was a child trying to fight an MMA fighter. Thor then hits him with full power, two-handed swing, and barely turns his head.

Thanos' durability and strength are such that I doubt Hela could actually harm him at all and could easily pound her into a pulp.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Part of my job as a writer involves writing voice-over scripts about movies for various YouTube channels.

I've just said exactly the same thing in one of my scripts - as well as the fact that the Ancient One and Ego had recently died (the Ancient One having protected the Time Stone for years and Ego having his own plan to conquer the universe).

Quote Originally Posted by KJS View Post
    Part of my job as a writer involves writing voice-over scripts about movies for various YouTube channels.

I've just said exactly the same thing in one of my scripts - as well as the fact that the Ancient One and Ego had recently died (the Ancient One having protected the Time Stone for years and Ego having his own plan to conquer the universe).
    This all sounds very interesting. It reveals how much of a potent strategist Thanos is and, given a universe teeming with serious competition, it makes his recent success even more impressive.

By any chance, would you be OK with sharing videos you've worked on? If and when your script for this very topic becomes a YouTube video, I'd very much be interested in seeing it!

Quote Originally Posted by Tomzilla View Post
    This all sounds very interesting. It reveals how much of a potent strategist Thanos is and, given a universe teeming with serious competition, it makes his recent success even more impressive.

By any chance, would you be OK with sharing videos you've worked on? If and when your script for this very topic becomes a YouTube video, I'd very much be interested in seeing it!
    I wouldn't mind sharing them, but I'm not sure it's okay to do so here - at least not publicly.

It's for Screen Rant, which is actually part of the same company as CBR, but I'm still not convinced they'd be okay with me brandishing links in here.

I could DM you the video in question once it's live, no problem.

The topic of that particular video was that Thanos sent Loki to Earth in The Avengers to test if Captain Marvel was still there - and I touched upon the idea that he was avoiding conflict with powerful beings, which brought me to Odin, Ego and the Ancient One.

Quote Originally Posted by Syrile Demonthyst View Post
    I think Thanos takes all three, to be honest.

The second two are pretty one-sided, I believe.
    However, the first one... I re-watched Hela and she is presented as a total wrecking crew.
    But, her best feat comes from the fight with Thor in the throne room. Her weapons were strong enough to cut Thor, with a clean hit tearing out an eye. The other to his stomach was more than close enough to cut much deeper but he was too durable.

The other scene where she takes on the Asgardian army has her tearing apart a but of Asgardians but none with the feats to stand up to say, The Hulk, whom would easily trash that entire army.
    One of the blades actually pierces through her. She regenerates it rather quickly, of course, but that is not the best of scenes for her really.
    Thanos, however, has things like casually squeezing his hand to cause Thor's head to crack, absolutely wrecking the Hulk, so much so that Hulk was covered in blood and completely helpless while Thanos overwhelmed him like he was a child trying to fight an MMA fighter. Thor then hits him with full power, two-handed swing, and barely turns his head.

Thanos' durability and strength are such that I doubt Hela could actually harm him at all and could easily pound her into a pulp.
    With no stones, Thanos simply can close the distance to get into grappling range with Hela. There is no reason at all for her to do anything but spam him with blades - each of which should puncture and maim him just fine. She could even hurl the huge bolts she was striking Surtur with.
    - big_adventure

Little do you know that I'm reading your screen right behind you, and over your shoulder.

MWAHAHAHAH!

*Vanish into Space Gem Portal*

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    With no stones, Thanos simply can close the distance to get into grappling range with Hela. There is no reason at all for her to do anything but spam him with blades - each of which should puncture and maim him just fine. She could even hurl the huge bolts she was striking Surtur with.
    They have no feats of hurting someone who casually trounced the Hulk and ignored Thor.
    I am not sold on her actually causing him any harm at all. He handled hits from Hulk even easier than Thor did, by a lot actually, and her thrown blades have no feats of harming anyone near Thor's level.

They have no feats of hurting someone who casually trounced the Hulk and ignored Thor.
    I am not sold on her actually causing him any harm at all. He handled hits from Hulk even easier than Thor did, by a lot actually, and her thrown blades have no feats of harming anyone near Thor's level.
    Iron Man made Thanos bleed when he had four stones.

Hela's blades 100% fully pierced Surtur, who destroyed Asgard and treat the Hulk like an insect - essentially, giant Surtur > Thanos.

I'd wager those blades could definitely pierce Thanos when he has no stones.

Incredible Member

Iron Man made Thanos bleed when he had four stones.

Hela's blades 100% fully pierced Surtur, who destroyed Asgard and treat the Hulk like an insect - essentially, giant Surtur > Thanos.

I'd wager those blades could definitely pierce Thanos when he has no stones.
    Had but did not use those stones.
    Specifically, every time he actually used the stones he had to close his hand (thus the whole scene with the cape) and they were glowing.
    That Iron Man is nothing at all like any previous one we have scene and is not a feat for Hela.

As for Surtur, he literally did no damage to Hulk he just knocked him away.
    Hulk actually moved Surtur more than Thor did when he hit Thanos with a two-handed hit in the face with a weapon.
    Hulk also broke pieces of Surtur off, way more than Hulk was doing to Thanos.
    Also, those blades came out of the water and were part of a big ship-looking-thing that was definitely nothing Hela summoned or used before and could very well have been a secret weapon that was part of Asgard and not anything she has on her person.

Tons of issues wrong with this.

Extraordinary Member

As for Surtur, he literally did no damage to Hulk he just knocked him away.
    Hulk actually moved Surtur more than Thor did when he hit Thanos with a two-handed hit in the face with a weapon.
    Hulk also broke pieces of Surtur off, way more than Hulk was doing to Thanos.
    Also, those blades came out of the water and were part of a big ship-looking-thing that was definitely nothing Hela summoned or used before and could very well have been a secret weapon that was part of Asgard and not anything she has on her person.
    Surtur made literally no effort to actually hurt Hulk. He just picked him up and tossed him away like he was nothing.
    Hulk had way more momentum in his instance that Thor had in his, and Thor was quite obviously way more beat up and tired than Hulk was.
    Hulk didn't break off any pieces, he just kinda made dents in Surtur's crown/horns.
    Hela's whole thing was creating blades out of nothing and the stronger she got the more powerful and larger blades she could create, and she is clearly in control of the giant blade that she rams into Surtur. Claiming that it's some kind of never before mentioned secret Asgardian weapon with no actual evidence to support that is silly.