BANNED

Default How would the Sith Lords do against marvel earth?

How would the Sith Lords from the expanded universe led by Sidious fare against marvel earth.

They start in New York then other teams hear about it and come to help....it’s not a dog pile.

Astonishing Member

MCU or the comics? Because in the comics they're going to get stopped cold once an powerful enough telepath catches wind of them.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mider2009 View Post
    How would the Sith Lords from the expanded universe led by Sidious fare against marvel earth.

They start in New York then other teams hear about it and come to help....it’s not a dog pile.
    They would fair pretty terribly, since there are quite a few telepaths that are far more impressive than anything I recall hearing about the EU, as well as Earth tech that makes the Empire look like a burned down Radio Shack, and that's without even bringing out the multiple galactic civilizations and massively Cosmic beings that like to interfere with Earth (assuming that they aren't currently living there).

And starting them off in NYC is like starting them off in the heart of the sun, considering that that puts them on the turf of the X-Men (and their friends/enemies in the Shi'ar Empire, as well as at least the Phoenix Force), the Avengers (and their friends/enemies in the Kree Empire, as well as at least Asgard), the Fantastic Four (and their high end cosmic son, as well as their friends/enemies amongst the Skrull, and Dr. Doom, and Galactus, and...), and Dr. Strange (and his friends/enemies throughout the multiverse, including Dormammu and Umar). The Sith's best bet are to keep their head down and try and survive the constant interstellar/interdimensional/cosmic antics that hit the Big Apple until they get a chance to evacuate Earth 616 for somewhere safer, like Planet Namek.
    Last edited by The Drunkard Kid; 04-14-2019 at 07:33 AM.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

marvel earth would eat them alive, especially since doom is a good guy, last time i checked.

Incredible Member

If the Sith Lords goal is to conquer Marvel Earth (meaning they'll hold back somewhat) then it may have a chance.

If their goal is simply to destroy it, then Marvel Earth has had it. Darth Nihilus alone could devour the life energy of every living thing on the planet instantly. Palpatine could create wormholes to cause massive devastation. Bane could lead them to combine their powers to unleash a super-sized version of the storm the Brotherhood of Darkness used on Ruusan, and so on.

The Sith Lords are just way too powerful. Marvel Earth is outclassed.

Quote Originally Posted by Wjowski
    MCU or the comics? Because in the comics they're going to get stopped cold once an powerful enough telepath catches wind of them.
    I admit I haven't read it in a while but I recall in "The Truce at Bakura" Luke states that mere telepaths are no match for the Force. In "Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter" a telepath tries to read Maul's mind and is rendered catatonic.

Quote Originally Posted by hareluyafan1 View Post
    If the Sith Lords goal is to conquer Marvel Earth (meaning they'll hold back somewhat) then it may have a chance.

If their goal is simply to destroy it, then Marvel Earth has had it. Darth Nihilus alone could devour the life energy of every living thing on the planet instantly. Palpatine could create wormholes to cause massive devastation. Bane could lead them to combine their powers to unleash a super-sized version of the storm the Brotherhood of Darkness used on Ruusan, and so on.

I admit I haven't read it in a while but I recall in "The Truce at Bakura" Luke states that mere telepaths are no match for the Force. In "Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter" a telepath tries to read Maul's mind and is rendered catatonic.
    all telepaths are not created equal. how powerful was this telepath who tried to read maul's mind?

This is a generous interpretation of what is generally accepted as Star Wars canon hereabouts

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    all telepaths are not created equal. how powerful was this telepath who tried to read maul's mind?
    Hard to say since he had no feats aside from trying and failing to read Maul. We can assume he was probably quite good at it since his species was telepathic (like Martian Manhunter) and he was a member of the Black Sun crime syndicate (so he most likely had excellent training and plenty of experience), but again that's just assumption.

In any case shielding one's mind from outside influence is a staple of Jedi and Sith training.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dork Knight
    This is a generous interpretation of what is generally accepted as Star Wars canon hereabouts
    The OP clearly stated "the Sith Lords from the expanded universe."

Besides I'm going by the superior quality of material.

Hard to say since he had no feats aside from trying and failing to read Maul. We can assume he was probably quite good at it since his species was telepathic (like Martian Manhunter) and he was a member of the Black Sun crime syndicate (so he most likely had excellent training and plenty of experience), but again that's just assumption.

In any case shielding one's mind from outside influence is a staple of Jedi and Sith training.

The OP clearly stated "the Sith Lords from the expanded universe."

Besides I'm going by the superior quality of material.
    yeah but that doesn't put him on the same level of someone like xavier, who could basically weaponize the thoughts of millions of minds together to stop galactus from eating a planet. sure, it didn't work but still damn impressive.

and that's not getting into the various omega level mutants, high end magic users and prep bosses like reed, doom and tony.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Marvel Earth, at any given time, may contain a Galactus-class Cosmic being who specializes in cosmic levels of telepathy and is the source of all life energy in the universe and destined to eventually become the Galactus of the next universe, two different versions of a being that creates universes by accident and can turn Galactus into his own herald, a magician who has caused supernovas within moments/before the embodiment of the Universe's consciousness/turned himself into the peer of a being who takes over universes and turned the Earth itself off into a weapon against said being/etc..., somewhere between one and the entirety of the race of Asgardians, a guy that can cause cosmic levels of damage with a word, one or more Herald of Galactus, etc... Hell, shielding one's mind form outside influence is beautiful training for the X-Men, and Xavier could punch through that stuff (or reinforce it) at a whim, and he is as nothing before a Phoenix Host.

And that's to say nothing of the kind of shenanigans caused by the people they fight. What's Darth Nihilus' plan if Dormammu swings by, or Galactus gets hungry while he's in the neighborhood? If Sentry starts having hissy fits again and turns into the Void? What will Palpatine and friends do when Thanos comes to play, or if the Shi'ar Imperial Guard swings by to check on their planet-shattering leader's son?

Or heck, Scarlet Witch just says "No more Force Users." Hope the Sith have a backup plan on how to go about their business without their magical abilities.
    Last edited by The Drunkard Kid; 04-19-2019 at 08:16 PM.