View Poll Results: Favorite Female Villain in the Superverse?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Faora / Ursa (insane serial killer loner)

4 12.90%
  • Ursa / Faora (Zod's subordinate/lover)

4 12.90%
  • Maxima

9 29.03%
  • Lena Luthor

0 0%
  • Car-Vex

0 0%
  • Mala

0 0%
  • Cythonna

1 3.23%
  • Blaze

0 0%
  • Livewire

8 25.81%
  • Rampage

0 0%
  • Mercy Graves

2 6.45%
  • Silver Banshee

3 9.68%
  • Red Cloud

0 0%
  • Eve Tessmacher

0 0%
  • Other Female Villain in the Superverse (please specify)

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I agree in that with hindsight, I really didn't like some of the things I saw in Encantadora, with how they tried to up the fan service well after the marriage. But the character was appropriately complicated so not a total loss to me.

Maxima was close enough to not really being evil that I didn't mind what we could call a turn. Not sure what they really intended at first but they didn't go all in on her being a terrible person. They set her little buddy up as a patsy pretty early. But I suppose that makes a woman who falls for Superman instead of a strong female villain so there's a bit of a problem. Not as big for me as how I happened to confuse her with Knockout back in the day, but still.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Fantastic Member mikelmcknight72's Avatar

I picked Ursa (2), mostly due to Superman II. I think one like her who is also Zod's lover/wife works very well.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Maxima. I like the idea of her coming to Earth to force Superman to marry her. It's a different motivation for a "villain". In a stalker kind of way.
    Agreed. I was always a fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    I have never liked the Donner influence on the PZ gang. Faora was great before then. I don't think he's had any other martial artist for a good foe and she was basically like a prototype for Fist of the North Star.

I really like Siobhan, too, because she has has level magic up to and including an instant death power. Her rebooted form in the New 52 was also good, and unlike Faora it wasn't melded with an inferior version.

Blaze should have come back. I sort of think she's too much of a villain for Superman but if she's going to be around the dcu, it's either Clark, Spectre, or Fate.
    Yeah. I mean, I don't know, I really like the movie Faora, but the fact is, turning all the Phantom Zone villains into Zod's underlings was and is a mistake in any other context. If we've locked in Faora as Zod's lover, right-hand-woman, and babymama, and I think that we have, then I'd like to see the name "Ursa" go to the serial killer character in the green jumpsuit.

On a similar note, Quex-Ul is a great character who could stand to make a comeback in his pre-Crisis form. Not, you know, a woman, but a great character.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

So, in hindsight, Lena Luthor probably shouldn't have been on this list.

Outside of the cartoon DC SUPERHERO GIRLS (original + reboot), I think there's only one instance of Lena being evil:

I think that's from the New52. She called herself Ultrawoman. Which is B.S. , because that should be Lois Lane's trademarked nickname, but whatever.

Beyond that, nada for outright villainy. Unless the SUPERGIRL show takes a really unexpected turn, can't see it there either.

Crap, I wish I could edit polls.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I would honestly say that while Lena technically still qualifies, and maybe you can add the Contessa to boot, Nasty has always been the best female Luthor. Usually I'm not into making approximate villains (like Parasite's little sister or something) but she wasn't just an aped Lex.

But of course I say that and absolutely adore Rex, too.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I always liked Silver Banshee.

Quote Originally Posted by Slim Shady View Post
    I always liked Silver Banshee.
    She has a really cool look but a very weird origin from what I remember.

I think we definitely need more of these female villains to be used better and more often in great stories. Like others, I also like Maxima and her obsession with Superman in an stalkerish way because well it's different and can be fun lol.

I remember how Kitty Kowalsky from Superman Returns also found Supes very attractive and that annoyed Lex.. And also how Superman had a deeper impact in her and made her have a change of heart at the last moment.
    Last edited by stargazer01; 04-19-2019 at 12:28 PM.

So, about Car-Vex ...

I don't have much. I gather that she was featured in the WONK comix, as well as the MOS film. She's a bad-ass military type who follows Zod, which makes her like a more specialized sane Ursa / sane Faora. Personality-wise? Not much to go on off-hand.

Anyone can vouch for Car-Vex being on this list and why?

Honestly my main reaction to Car-Vex is "why does she have a boy's name?" so like that's kind of not much to go on. I don't know if I ever read a comic with her in it.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."