BANNED

Default So apparently this year is Supergirl’s 60th anniversary...

So it seems that this year is Supergirl’s 60th anniversary and yet not a word of it from DC Comics. I wonder if they have ANYTHING planned for this event this year ? As fans of the character: What do you think about this ?

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    So it seems that this year is Supergirl’s 60th anniversary and yet not a word of it from DC Comics. I wonder if they have ANYTHING planned for this event this year ? As fans of the character: What do you think about this ?
    Created in 1958 so 2018 was the 60th anniversary and I don't recall DC or the WB promoting it in any way. Sad that they consider the character that unimportant despite currently having a television series. But the reality is probably that they were focusing on 2018 being the 80th anniversary of Superman including Action Comics #1000 and preparing to focus this year on the 80th anniversary of Batman.
    Power with Girl is better.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    What do you think they should do?

Per google it's Action 252 came out in May 1959. They could easily throw out a 80 page prestige format book for her 60th with some of the short stories from various creators, similar to the Wonder Woman 75th from a few years back.

Should have saved that Tom Taylor/Yasmine Putri story from the Nuclear Winter Special, "Last Daughters," for that. It was amazing and would have been great for that type of thing. Something along those lines for the big anniversaries, 50th, 60th, 75th, etc. makes sense. They don't need to turn it into an event like Action and Detective 1000 were with 50 variants and whatnot.

Might announce the Supergirl movie at SDCC. But it’s Batman’s year, no one is going to close to the amount of attention Batman commands.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Re-release some of her older trades. Maybe a 60th anniversary collection. They don't have to go all out like they did for Superman but it would be nice to get something.
    Assassinate Putin!

I'd like an animated Supergirl movie. As a "Superman first" kind of fan, I wouldn't feel satisfied with a live action Supergirl movie unless Kal had a role of comparable prominence to hers, but an animated movie that's all Kara's show could be really fun and cute.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    I'd like an animated Supergirl movie. As a "Superman first" kind of fan, I wouldn't feel satisfied with a live action Supergirl movie unless Kal had a role of comparable prominence to hers, but an animated movie that's all Kara's show could be really fun and cute.
    How about that mini from a couple years ago that was done by that artist who draws Catwoman now?
    Assassinate Putin!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Maybe give her the decade Variant cover treatment as the other heroes. Showcase her through the decades again ? Have the current one meet her past incarnations again, but this time for a Meaningful adventure and not just a one-shot note.

ANYTHING from DC would be hnice to show that they care about their characters beyond Batman and Superman.

Re member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Mentioning it on http://dccomics.com would be nice.