Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Doctor Fate post Lords of Order JLD story arc ... Spoilers

Just what I feared ... Been nice knowing you again Kent as the very clever musical helm of Nabu begins again Ugh!

JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK #13
    written by JAMES TYNION IV
    art by MARK BUCKINGHAM and DANIEL SAMPERE
    cover by GUILLEM MARCH
    variant cover by DAN QUINTANA
    Their battle against Doctor Fate may have come to an end, but the Justice League Dark’s problems are just beginning when the helmet begins its search for a new host.
    Meanwhile, what can Lex Luthor offer a magic user like Circe? For one thing, Lex knows a thing or two about monsters. And where Circe can find them.
    ON SALE 07.24.19
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
    CARD STOCK VARIANT COVER $4.99
    FC | RATED T+
    This issue will ship with two covers.
    Last edited by Doctor Kent Nelson; 04-13-2019 at 11:19 PM.

Astonishing Member

Again, I am very curious as to what this means for Khalid Nassour. He's not mentioned or hinted at whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Again, I am very curious as to what this means for Khalid Nassour. He's not mentioned or hinted at whatsoever.
    And what about Khalid Ben-Hassin (from New52's Earth 2) or even Kent V. Nelson?
    Who knows if either of those two could suddenly get thrown into the mix?

Will the new person be the JSA Dr. Fate?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Will the new person be the JSA Dr. Fate?
    What "JSA"?

(We still don't know if/when/what DC will do about them, and it will be three years at the end of next month since DC Universe: Rebirth
    !)

I'm guessing... Thomas Wayne!
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I'm beyond sick of Dr. Fate having a new host/secret identity every 3 to 5 years. DC would be smart to stick with Kent after all of the failed reboots of the character.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I'm beyond sick of Dr. Fate having a new host/secret identity every 3 to 5 years. DC would be smart to stick with Kent after all of the failed reboots of the character.
    Honestly I can't tell if the shifting identities is something inherent to the Dr. Fate identity or a result of DC just not knowing what to do with the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Honestly I can't tell if the shifting identities is something inherent to the Dr. Fate identity or a result of DC just not knowing what to do with the character.
    They don't know what to do with the character. The only person, apart from the OG one I found interesting was Hector Hall in JSA by Johns.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eto View Post
    They don't know what to do with the character. The only person, apart from the OG one I found interesting was Hector Hall in JSA by Johns.
    My favorites are still the Strauss’. J.M. DeMatteis really had an excellent run with the characters.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eto View Post

Same here. The New 52 Earth 2 version started out intriguing but then fell flat about a year or two later.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Don't worry it will stick this time 😂... While I finally cancel ALL my DC titles.
    I see everyone's fate but my own. Sometimes that scares me. But when I see the future of someone such as yourself, I believe in tomorrow again

Staff writer at www.impulsegamer.com

Dr. Fate tends to feel more like a plot device than a real character in recent years so i don't think changing who wears the helm of Nabu is a way to fix that.

Granted i was hoping the lords of fate might start spreading their items of power around so their maybe more than one wielder/representative. But that feels like a recipe for disaster.

I do hope Khalid joins the cast full-time.

a man who created images dr-brainwave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Kent Nelson View Post
    Just what I feared ... Been nice knowing you again Kent as the very clever musical helm of Nabu begins again Ugh!

JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK #13
    written by JAMES TYNION IV
    art by MARK BUCKINGHAM and DANIEL SAMPERE
    cover by GUILLEM MARCH
    variant cover by DAN QUINTANA
    Their battle against Doctor Fate may have come to an end, but the Justice League Dark’s problems are just beginning when the helmet begins its search for a new host.
    Meanwhile, what can Lex Luthor offer a magic user like Circe? For one thing, Lex knows a thing or two about monsters. And where Circe can find them.
    ON SALE 07.24.19
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
    CARD STOCK VARIANT COVER $4.99
    FC | RATED T+
    This issue will ship with two covers.
    Damn it! When will they understand once and for all that Dr Fate is not about a helmet its about Kent Nelson.

Quote Originally Posted by dr-brainwave View Post
    Damn it! When will they understand once and for all that Dr Fate is not about a helmet its about Kent Nelson.
    But how many years did we go through where Dr. Fate wasn't Kent Nelson?

It's not quite the same thing as
    Superman = Kal-El / Clark Kent
    Batman = Bruce Wayne
    Wonder Woman = Diana