all good points but on this

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
I don't think May should be conservative. The woman who said that Mary Jane would make a good wife for Peter in the '60s even if MJ was certainly not by the standards of the time, marriage material (evidenced by the prejudices of many writers after that who aren't as wise as May) wouldn't be as narrow-minded. She would be big hearted in fact. As Ta-Nehisi Coates pointed, "Mary Jane is not the girl you take home to mother, unless you had a mother like mine or Peter." So May was open and accepting, and warm-hearted and loving.

sure, but i think some attributes can be drawn from generational gaps. an argument could be made that previous generations leaned more towards ableism no matter what side of the political spectrum.

as for accepting mj and her "type", yes to all that. i prefer that depiction of may, but there's also room for her simply not picking up the "signals". she missed that her nephew was a superhero for years, she might miss some of the social cues on his friends too. my mum certainly did, and it wasn't due to her conservative politics.