Quote Originally Posted by gregpersons View Post
Well, right.... I mean, yeah, that's what I'm saying! Being an actor/model does not preclude MJ from also writing. It's neither inconsistent with her character, nor unbelievable. Since Peter is already kind of a "gig economy" sort of person, it stands to reason that MJ could be, too.

On that front, I'm curious how conservative fans reconcile liking a character who is literally a social justice warrior. Like, I can understand liking characters who only protect their self-interests like Venom or Punisher, but... Spider-Man is purely about selflessly helping other people, so how does that square up? (Edit: I mean, I know Ditko was famously libertarian, and there's a certain amount of that in the character, but it's not his dominant theme)

It's gotta be the eyes. Everybody loves the Spidey eyes.

Edit:
i’m with you there. there’s some absolutely awful people who seem to love spider-man (and superman for that matter) and i have to wonder...what the hell is it that attracts them to a character who stands for everything they hate?

are they just cherry picking what they like (he’s got mad cool powers) and ignoring the rest (his general sense of inclusion)? idk, maybe the fact that superheroes are literally vigilantes that take the law into their own hands and solve problems through violence is appealing?

then i found this impressive display of olympic level mental gymnastics on the inter webs and it all made sense:
https://westernfreepress.com/greates...-soldier-2014/