Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Most Useless Scene in an MCU Movie

Not counting end credits or Stan Lee cameos. Something that was actually supposed to be part of the plot but ended up being extraneous.

For me, it was the Miriam Sharpe scene in Civil War. Came out of nowhere, went nowhere, and did nothing to drive the story. If you remove all references to Sharpe and her son, not one other detail or line of dialog in the movie needs to change.

What's your vote?

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    Not counting end credits or Stan Lee cameos. Something that was actually supposed to be part of the plot but ended up being extraneous.

For me, it was the Miriam Sharpe scene in Civil War. Came out of nowhere, went nowhere, and did nothing to drive the story. If you remove all references to Sharpe and her son, not one other detail or line of dialog in the movie needs to change.

What's your vote?
    Is that the lady who yelled AT stark? Cause her son died. If so I think that was suppose to make us understand why anti government Stark was so supportive of the bill. But j dont remember the ladies name so I could be way off.

The Scene from AOU of Thor receiving a vision by being electrocuted in a bath tub or something. I mean he still had no idea about Thanos and him collecting stones instead he went out to prevent Ragnarok. Makes most of that vision pointless. Since it seemed to be warning him of Thanos and the Stones. Feel like they other plans when they made that scene. But whatever I guess it served a purpose in the end. They didnt have to explain why Thor went after Surtur, because the vision he was worried about Ragnarok. But honestly they could have dont that with a couple more lines of exposition by Thor in the opening of the movie.

What's your vote?
    What? That scene was the catalyst that makes Tony fully support registration.

For me it's not a scene but a film and I like the film but all of Incredible Hulk could be erased from the MCU and it changes nothing. We get Bruce's back story in Avengers, Ross and Banner haven't shared a scene since Ross was brought back and Banner's relationship with Betty is never mentioned outside of the Betty and Veronica joke in AoU and even Abomination has never been mentioned again in the films. Did Luke Cage even mention Banner ripping apart Harlem? No clue.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Is that the lady who yelled AT stark? Cause her son died. If so I think that was suppose to make us understand why anti government Stark was so supportive of the bill. But j dont remember the ladies name so I could be way off.
    That's the character, but I don't see Tony's support of the bill changing at all of her never met her.

The vision with Heimdall I think sort of works well with his fate and that of many Asgardians in Infinity War.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    What? That scene was the catalyst that makes Tony fully support registration.

For me it's not a scene but a film and I like the film but all of Incredible Hulk could be erased from the MCU and it changes nothing. We get Bruce's back story in Avengers, Ross and Banner haven't shared a scene since Ross was brought back and Banner's relationship with Betty is never mentioned outside of the Betty and Veronica joke in AoU and even Abomination has never been mentioned again in the films. Did Luke Cage even mention Banner ripping apart Harlem? No clue.
    Yeah I think the only mention of the film was by Banner in Avengers when he mentions Harlem. Though you can maybe say the meditation techniques Banner uses at the Incredible Hulk gives him more control in Avengers, though that's a stretch.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

The airport scene from Civil War. That film was rock solid, and didn't need the over the top goofy scene.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Nick Fury playing with tape in Captain Marvel.

Extraordinary Member

The whole 'monster' thing about Natasha in AoU.

The elevator fight scene in Winter Soldier. Take it out, he still escapes on the run.

But its an awesome fight scene. I'm glad its in there.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Wtf. The scene OP said is like, a core one for CW. What are you even on.

That's the character, but I don't see Tony's support of the bill changing at all of her never met her.
    Stark seemed to very anti government and not trusting of authority someone had to put a human face on the collateral damage as his catalyst.

The I'm always angry scene from Avengers. It was cool but doesnt make sense. He clearly did not have the Hulk under control and therefore he couldnt have always been angry. Maybe he was saying hes always angry but has enough self control to stay calm untill he wants Hulk to come out. Iono I found the whole thing to be more flash then substance. But like I said it was a cool scene while the Thor vision came out if nowhere in AOU and didnt make much sense to me.

I don't agree with OP at all. Other have already given reasons why.

Also, airport fight and elevator fight? Really? By that logic, almost every single fight scene ever is useless. Come on!

For me, it's The Leader tease in Incredible Hulk. Also, everyone trying lift Thor's hammer in AoU, but especially Cap. He slides it a little and...? Now even Mjolnir is destroyed.

Honestly, I felt that was the catalyst that drove him to support the bill. His entire speech about supporting it was based on that. There's the old saying, a thousand deaths is a statistic but the death of one person who you know personally (or meeting his mother personally and seeing her grief in this case) is a tragedy. That scene wasn't just some extraneous scene. It was pivotal to the whole plot.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    I don't agree with OP at all. Other have already given reasons why.

Also, airport fight and elevator fight? Really? By that logic, almost every single fight scene ever is useless. Come on!

For me, it's The Leader tease in Incredible Hulk. Also, everyone trying lift Thor's hammer in AoU, but especially Cap. He slides it a little and...? Now even Mjolnir is destroyed.
    The Leader tease is only irrelevant because there was never a sequel. However, they could have used the Leader in other movies so, yes, I'd agree it is one of the more irrelevant things because they could have done more with him later.

I would say the whole Betty Ross relationship that was tossed aside is more irritating though.
    Power with Girl is better.