Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
Tony Stark blowing up his armored suits at the end of Iron Man 3. "But it's like, symbolic or something!"

We all knew he was still slated to appear in several Avengers and Captain America movies. It had zero impact on the film series. He didn't quit being Iron Man for Pepper Potts, and the destruction of the armored suits wasn't a plot point that would bite him in the ass in later installments, etc. Heck, he was still suffering from PTSD in the end credits, so it wasn't even some kind of therapeutic relief of whatever. It's just meaningless spectacle.
I miss the Hall of Armor...
Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
I don't disagree with you, and I did like that scene for levity, but it's interesting to note that James Gunn himself wrote almost the entire Guardians arc for the movie. I'm glad he's back for Vol. 3 and that he loves these characters, but maybe that love is kind of restraining his own sense of restrain, ironically.
I think Gunn is a big reason people love the current Guardians but I also think he's gone a little more overboard in portraying them (especially Drax) the more he's written them.