Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    The Leader tease is only irrelevant because there was never a sequel. However, they could have used the Leader in other movies so, yes, I'd agree it is one of the more irrelevant things because they could have done more with him later.

I would say the whole Betty Ross relationship that was tossed aside is more irritating though.
    Yeah, that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    Honestly, I felt that was the catalyst that drove him to support the bill. His entire speech about supporting it was based on that. There's the old saying, a thousand deaths is a statistic but the death of one person who you know personally (or meeting his mother personally and seeing her grief in this case) is a tragedy. That scene wasn't just some extraneous scene. It was pivotal to the whole plot.
    Yea but i will give AJ that they didnt need it in that Stark could have supported it for whatever reason. Maybe just being practical. But for the movie we got yea that scene was important to Tony motivation. Honestly I find that more vital then the whole Russian super solider sub plot that Zemo used to get everyone to that facility so he could show Stark the tape. Like I get it and it works in the movie but I feel like the way he went about it was more convoluted then it had to be. I guess having them being super solider is gonna further motivate Cap to do whatever it takes to get there but I feel like after framing Bucky and splitting the Avengers down the middle he coulda found a better way to get them in one place and show that video. Unless theres another reason that local was nessecary but I dont recall. Just that he used the Russian SS that he shot in the head as bait to get everyone there and show that video.

I miss betty. Plus she was bruce's lois lane for generations. It does not fell right to not have her. Why is it the male cast (bruce, war machine and red skull) get recast but they throw the female cast away? (jane, betty, Sharon carter) Just recast them also.

The leader was a waste also.

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    Yeah I think the only mention of the film was by Banner in Avengers when he mentions Harlem. Though you can maybe say the meditation techniques Banner uses at the Incredible Hulk gives him more control in Avengers, though that's a stretch.
    Wasn't the super soldier serum also used on Blonsky though? Also the gamma rays may have been used in a similar fashion to the Vita Rays in CA I think.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Regarding missing Hulk characters, it's kind of interesting that no live-action adaptations of the Hulk have ever used Rick Jones (although he's pretty important in pretty much every Hulk cartoon).

Tony Stark blowing up his armored suits at the end of Iron Man 3. "But it's like, symbolic or something!"

We all knew he was still slated to appear in several Avengers and Captain America movies. It had zero impact on the film series. He didn't quit being Iron Man for Pepper Potts, and the destruction of the armored suits wasn't a plot point that would bite him in the ass in later installments, etc. Heck, he was still suffering from PTSD in the end credits, so it wasn't even some kind of therapeutic relief of whatever. It's just meaningless spectacle.
    The Thor vision pool in Avengers: Age of Ultron is a close second though. Just an excuse for a shirtless Hemworth scene. (I honestly have absolutely no problem with sexy fan service in movies but "Age of Ultron" really needed more character development for both it's lead baddie and the 3 new Avengers they introduced. And this scene was just pointless filler that contributed nothing to the plot. Just have Thor's shirt ripped off during the final battle if you want that eye candy.)
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Yea but i will give AJ that they didnt need it in that Stark could have supported it for whatever reason. Maybe just being practical. But for the movie we got yea that scene was important to Tony motivation. Honestly I find that more vital then the whole Russian super solider sub plot that Zemo used to get everyone to that facility so he could show Stark the tape. Like I get it and it works in the movie but I feel like the way he went about it was more convoluted then it had to be. I guess having them being super solider is gonna further motivate Cap to do whatever it takes to get there but I feel like after framing Bucky and splitting the Avengers down the middle he coulda found a better way to get them in one place and show that video. Unless theres another reason that local was nessecary but I dont recall. Just that he used the Russian SS that he shot in the head as bait to get everyone there and show that video.
    There I think it's more in to the believability of the plot. Zemo fell into being one of those villains that knows everything and every event he plots just falls perfectly into place with everyone doing exactly what he predicted they would do.

I think they needed a scene to drive Tony emotionally to support the bill rather than he just decides to do it because he leans that way because he really doesn't. He's the guy that told the government to stick it when they wanted to confiscate his armor and make him produce it for them. He doesn't lean toward answering to self-proclaimed authorities.
    Power with Girl is better.

As I stated below this is pretty hard to do for Marvel. The few that come to mind.

Black Panther- the sneaker joke scene, this is set up as if it will be an important scene. Stealth shoes that don't make a sound. I was sure since they took time to highlight this equipment it would play some key role... it didn't they just did it for a joke

Age of Ultron: I think @DebkoX and @Midvillian1322 made the best points. I know they are trying to set up some background for Natasha but it didn't really work. I don't know what happened with the Thor pool scene, but my guess is something was retconned or changed. Honestly Age of Ultron had a lot of these scehes that were just thrown in for fun. Like the hamme rlifting etc. Even the chopping wood scene or introduciton of Hawkeyes family (this was done because Renner complained so much about his role on teh first Avengers.)

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    Not counting end credits or Stan Lee cameos. Something that was actually supposed to be part of the plot but ended up being extraneous.

For me, it was the Miriam Sharpe scene in Civil War. Came out of nowhere, went nowhere, and did nothing to drive the story. If you remove all references to Sharpe and her son, not one other detail or line of dialog in the movie needs to change.

What's your vote?

thats a vital scene of the film. It reinforces to the audience the importance of the Sokovia Accords. Unlike the comics this serves to justifies Tony's actions and gives the audience an emotional investment early on. It's also incredibly helpful for new viewers who don't follow all or any other MCU films. This brings them in and get them up to speed. This scene was incredibly important and well done. The MCU usually does a very good job editing their films and most of the time the scenes that are cut aren't even superfluos just cut for time and pacing reasons.

The closest scene from Civil War that came close to useless was the scene right before that where Tony was playing with his memory device gave himself a memory where he was talking to his parents. It's an over the top scene for what it is intending to accomplish. The scene is meant to highlight Tony's a genius and how he lost his parents at a young age and still misses them. Showing he is a genius which isn't necessary based on every other scene he has in the film. Lastly, the set up for the Bucky confrontation at the end when its revealed he was the assasin of Tony's parents could hace been done differently.

Sometimes films go way over the top instead of taking a simple concept for what it was. Like that movie After Earth, with Will Smith and Jaden Smith. It didn't need ot be this crazy sci-fi cgi film. It could have simply been a disconnected father and son who get into a car accident in the woods/mountains. Jaden has to fend for himself in the wilderness while he goes and gets help for his father who is in a bad condition. anyway I digress.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    Tony Stark blowing up his armored suits at the end of Iron Man 3. "But it's like, symbolic or something!"

We all knew he was still slated to appear in several Avengers and Captain America movies. It had zero impact on the film series. He didn't quit being Iron Man for Pepper Potts, and the destruction of the armored suits wasn't a plot point that would bite him in the ass in later installments, etc. Heck, he was still suffering from PTSD in the end credits, so it wasn't even some kind of therapeutic relief of whatever. It's just meaningless spectacle.
    I like how "Civil War" sort of worked that plot point in.

Tony Stark: A few years ago, I almost lost her, so I trashed all my suits. Then, we had to mop up HYDRA… and then Ultron. My fault. And then, and then, and then, I never stopped. Because the truth is I don't wanna stop. I don't wanna lose her. I thought maybe the Accords could split the difference.

The Leader setup.

"I'm always angry."

Stark enacting the Clean Slate protocol.

Thor's prophetic vision.

Pretty much all covered in this thread already.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Age of Ultron: I think @DebkoX and @Midvillian1322 made the best points. I know they are trying to set up some background for Natasha but it didn't really work. I don't know what happened with the Thor pool scene, but my guess is something was retconned or changed. Honestly Age of Ultron had a lot of these scehes that were just thrown in for fun. Like the hamme rlifting etc. Even the chopping wood scene or introduciton of Hawkeyes family (this was done because Renner complained so much about his role on teh first Avengers.)
    Ultron was another of those Point A to Point B movies, it merely existed to create a reason for Civil War to happen.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    I miss betty. Plus she was bruce's lois lane for generations. It does not fell right to not have her. Why is it the male cast (bruce, war machine and red skull) get recast but they throw the female cast away? (jane, betty, Sharon carter) Just recast them also.

The leader was a waste also.
    Yeah for real

Just recast Jane and Betty, I don't get why. Sharon Carter, to my knowledge would still be in the films if they wrote her in. I want more solo Captain America flicks!

Civil War was a great flick...until it comes to a total halt for the stupid airport scene. Felt like a scene from a different movie, edited in last minute
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 04-15-2019 at 01:51 PM.

Any scene involving Darcy.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

In Avengers: Infinity War during the scene with Gamora asking Quill to kill her if need be is a great moment, but the part with Drax claiming to be invisible because he can move so slowly is not only completely unnecessary, but seems to be there only to portray Drax as a buffoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor-of-Dragons View Post
    The airport scene from Civil War. That film was rock solid, and didn't need the over the top goofy scene.
    If it were any other genre, I'd probably agree with you about excess. But you can't have a superhero movie without a couple outright superhero scenes, and that's probably the most dazzling display that doesn't involve destroying the world in the MCU. As good and balanced and somewhat grounded as the Captain America movies tend to be compared to more fantastical movies like Dr. Strange and Thor, there still needs to be some crazy, balls-to-the-wall embrace of outlandish action because that's the universe they're in.

On the same token, I really dislike that Star Trek movies as a whole are extremely light on space exploration even though they're in the space exploration genre. It's even in the name.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post

The Thor vision pool in Avengers: Age of Ultron is a close second though. Just an excuse for a shirtless Hemworth scene. (I honestly have absolutely no problem with sexy fan service in movies but "Age of Ultron" really needed more character development for both it's lead baddie and the 3 new Avengers they introduced. And this scene was just pointless filler that contributed nothing to the plot. Just have Thor's shirt ripped off during the final battle if you want that eye candy.)
    Agreed, agreed, agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by karatattoo View Post
    In Avengers: Infinity War during the scene with Gamora asking Quill to kill her if need be is a great moment, but the part with Drax claiming to be invisible because he can move so slowly is not only completely unnecessary, but seems to be there only to portray Drax as a buffoon.
    I don't disagree with you, and I did like that scene for levity, but it's interesting to note that James Gunn himself wrote almost the entire Guardians arc for the movie. I'm glad he's back for Vol. 3 and that he loves these characters, but maybe that love is kind of restraining his own sense of restrain, ironically.
    Last edited by Cyke; 04-15-2019 at 11:34 AM.