Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Silver Surfer vs Kyle Rayner

Kyle has the Green Lantern ring. who wins?

Surfer destroys Kyle before Kyle has even considered the briefest concept of perhaps at some point in the future possibly entertaining the notion of forming a coherent thought.

Yeah, this is a stomp. Only White Lantern Kyle has a chance. And Ion probably too.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

If you take away Surfer's speed, it is actually a fight, albeit one Kyle eventually loses as his ring runs out of charge. He's got the feats to hang with Surfer for raw power and versatility, but no answer to the speed.

Astonishing Member

Crossovers don't count but for info, in one, it didn't go well for GLs.

I do not think GLs can withstand the Power Cosmic. I think SS is above their ring power.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I do not think GLs can withstand the Power Cosmic. I think SS is above their ring power.
    I'd say it depends on the Lantern, much as the power cosmic itself will vary in oomph between heralds.

I know the different Herald's wield the Power Cosmic differently, but is their power level different?

A White Lantern would probably be on the SS level. But I didn't think any GL was, since aren't they all about the same level of power? I know different characters use the ring in different ways, but I thought all the rings were equal in power and most of the popular GLs were within 1-3 willpower levels?

Yes, different heralds have different power levels. The Surfer is generally treated as being better than the rest, and not just by feats, as a general presentation thing too

Yes different lanterns also have different power levels based on feats although some writers reaaally want Hal Jordan to be the end all of everything. Specifically the time Kyle was the only lantern/one man corps unto himself he did a lot of stuff up there with what the Surfer has done. Mogo the planet lantern is generally written as straight up more powerful than any other Lantern

I know the different Herald's wield the Power Cosmic differently, but is their power level different?
    Beaten to it, but yes, entirely so.

Ah, thanks guys!

It's also an explicit thing in GL lore that rookies can't use the rings as well as vets, that people like Kyle are more "creative" (because artist) in their constructs, people like John are more mechanical (because architect) in their constructs.... there's a lot of variety is what I'm saying

Similarly Nova, a rookie herald was less adept at using her power than Surfer. Also Firelord uses fire attacks, Terrax earth attacks, Nova uses her inherent fire abilities, Air Walker inevitably gets his body destroyed... all the heralds have their own unique traits

I wouldn’t have said Surfer was presentationally the very top of the tree, but he’s fairly well up there, and is almost certainly the best in feats.

But presentationally Destroyer and Fallen One are probably above him in raw power (though they lack his utility and breadth of powers). It’s just that feats-wise he pisses over them both, and especially Fallen One who is definitively all fur coat and no knickers, as they would say in Northern England.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    . and especially Fallen One who is definitively all fur coat and no knickers, as they would say in Northern England.
    That saying is a piss!

But presentationally Destroyer
    I wouldn't really say I could see the Surfer doing things like slicing Thor's hammer in half with blasts (back when it was Mjolnir and also worth anything I mean) or taking down the Hulk with the edge of a glancing shot, if you mean the Destroyer Armor.