Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Time to liver forever! Energist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post

Oh, wow! So awesome to finally see her in costume again! Thank you, Bendis!
    "Forgiving the unrepentant is like drawing pictures on water." - Japanese Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by Energist View Post
    Made it out to MegaCon this past weekend, and managed to get a couple of commissions for myself, including this beauty from Jae Lee:

Recreation of his cover for Manhunter #4, but in his current style. Needless to say, I'm thrilled with it! He also signed my custom poster of the #4 cover. Awesome artist, and a super-cool guy, to boot!
    Ha! He didn't draw the cigarette. I wonder if that was a personal choice on his part of if there's been some edict from DC? Beautiful drawing though.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Made it out to MegaCon this past weekend, and managed to get a couple of commissions for myself, including this beauty from Jae Lee:

Recreation of his cover for Manhunter #4, but in his current style. Needless to say, I'm thrilled with it! He also signed my custom poster of the #4 cover. Awesome artist, and a super-cool guy, to boot!
    That looks so good. I'm not really a fan of his art but this looks really good.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Holy crap, that is AWESOME!
    And it looks like I'll be buying Action Comics for the first time in nearly a decade!
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Ha! He didn't draw the cigarette. I wonder if that was a personal choice on his part of if there's been some edict from DC? Beautiful drawing though.
    Yeah, I noticed that right away, too. No big deal, though. While the cigarette definitely helps sell it, the bad-ass pose was the most important part for me.

Also, just finished reading Action Comics #1007-1011. I really enjoyed it. A bit bummed we didn't get any more of Kate past the preview pages, but she had a good showing nonetheless. I'm guessing she had her suit on under her clothes, enabling her to thoroughly wreck that team that came after her.

At the risk of repeating myself, it's so good to see her in costume again and actually called "Manhunter." Can't wait to see more. Hope some of her fantastic supporting cast shows up, too. Namely Dylan.
    "Forgiving the unrepentant is like drawing pictures on water." - Japanese Proverb

Just finished the Superman: Leviathan Rising Special and was pleasantly surprised to see a Manhunter cameo in the Supergirl portion of the issue. Granted, it was a "cameo" in the most liberal sense of the word, in that she appeared in all but three panels and didn't actually say anything, but it was still more than I was expecting to see of her.

If it all works out and the comic book Gods grant her another ongoing who would you all want writing it? The dream is obviously Andreyko coming back but would folks be good with Bendis at the helm? He tends to do street level very well.

Kate is actually one of the six characters featured in the series of Event Leviathan promos this week:

Pretty cool!

I was thinking, too, if we get some Event Leviathan action figures out of this, I can finally add a Kate Spencer figure to my collection.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    If it all works out and the comic book Gods grant her another ongoing who would you all want writing it? The dream is obviously Andreyko coming back but would folks be good with Bendis at the helm? He tends to do street level very well.
    Yeah, Andreyko is the obvious choice, and I can't believe they'd hand to it anyone else. Bendis would work for me, though. I think Rucka would probably do her justice, too, for someone a bit more outside of the box at the moment.

The real question, in my mind, is who the artist would be? With Bendis, the knee-jerk reaction is Maleev. Outside of that team, though, I'd really like to see Lee Weeks work his magic on the title. Guy has great artistic instincts, and he works best on more grounded heroes, in my opinion. Aaron Lopresti would work, too. He's got a good, clean style, he's rock-solid with deadlines, and he's worked with Andreyko before. Throw some Artgerm variant covers in there for sales, and I'd be a happy camper.

Yeah, Andreyko is the obvious choice, and I can't believe they'd hand to it anyone else. Bendis would work for me, though. I think Rucka would probably do her justice, too, for someone a bit more outside of the box at the moment.

The real question, in my mind, is who the artist would be? With Bendis, the knee-jerk reaction is Maleev. Outside of that team, though, I'd really like to see Lee Weeks work his magic on the title. Guy has great artistic instincts, and he works best on more grounded heroes, in my opinion. Aaron Lopresti would work, too. He's got a good, clean style, he's rock-solid with deadlines, and he's worked with Andreyko before. Throw some Artgerm variant covers in there for sales, and I'd be a happy camper.
    All really great choices!
    I honestly wouldn't mind if Mikel Janin, Diogenes Neves or Joe Bennett got chances at Kate either. The latter two especially because I think they do great movement.

I finally caught up on Leviathan! Kate!! <3

Last edited by Psycwave; 09-27-2019 at 08:02 PM.

I honestly wouldn't mind if Mikel Janin, Diogenes Neves or Joe Bennett got the chances at Kate either. The latter two especially because they think they do great movement.

Maleev draws a good Manhunter.

(And that's Ollie saying she's his lawyer right? So I guess that's in-continuity).

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

I wouldn't mind Simone getting a shot at her or Kelly Thompson. KSD is really impressing me so far with her Aquaman so she's another runner up. Rucka would be an obvious mention. Jesus Saiz would be a blessing to return as artist.

I will say though that Snyder and Capullo would be awesome.

Yes, Marc A would be wonderful.

Apart from other possibilities already mentioned, I’d certainly buy if Ed Brubaker was writer.

I honestly wouldn't mind if Mikel Janin, Diogenes Neves or Joe Bennett got the chances at Kate either. The latter two especially because they think they do great movement.

Love Joe Bennett. He's one of my favorites, in fact. It would awesome to see him draw Kate and her supporting cast.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Glad she's returning! Her solo book is one of my favorites! Her cast was good, and the overall concept really. Honestly I kinda feel like Silencer was ripping off her just a little bit. I like Silencer but I got so much Manhunter vibes from her. I actually want them to meet and have their children have a play date while they fight crime or each other.

Anyway glad Bendis is using her. I know that Ben Percy brought her back in his run which props to him but I'm glad she's back in the suit.
    For someone like me who discovered Kate in the last Green Arrow series and love Silencer, do you recommend her solo series ? I kind of like her in Leviathan but don't know much about her...