Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    For someone like me who discovered Kate in the last Green Arrow series and love Silencer, do you recommend her solo series ? I kind of like her in Leviathan but don't know much about her...
    Yes! You will definitely love Manhunter. You can jump right in with no problem. It is pre-52 so there might be some continuity mentioned here and there but it won't confuse you. If you liked Silencer you will most likely like Manhunter imo. They overlap a little but the main difference is that Kate is willing to do her crime fighting job while Silencer wanted out of the hitman business.

Since everyone seems to be getting one these days: what if Kate got her live action show on The DC Universe. Do you all have any actresses you could see portraying her?

I can't think of who I'd want to play her but I would like to see her get her own show.

LOVE Kate! Since her first issue, she's been one of my fave heroes, and I've been collecting comics for about 35 years. <3

I'll have to think about the actress question. Hmmm.
    Help a fellow fan out and check out my writing, please:
    My Cage comic strip:
    Re-Runs: https://www.webtoons.com/en/challeng...itle_no=539047
    New: https://www.patreon.com/mycage
    Thanks!

Oh! How about Lizzy Caplan!
    Help a fellow fan out and check out my writing, please:
    My Cage comic strip:
    Re-Runs: https://www.webtoons.com/en/challeng...itle_no=539047
    New: https://www.patreon.com/mycage
    Thanks!

Too bad Michelle Forbes is too old at this point - I could have seen her as a good tv Kate/Manhunter.

Maybe Emily Beecham who played the Widow in "Into the Badlands" - I can see that.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 09-28-2019 at 09:25 AM.

Time to liver forever! Energist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    For someone like me who discovered Kate in the last Green Arrow series and love Silencer, do you recommend her solo series ? I kind of like her in Leviathan but don't know much about her...
    You'll love it! The first issue of her series is one of my favorite single issues ever, and the quality and pace of the series remains pretty consistent from there. Remember to check out her back-up series from Streets of Gotham (issues #1-13), too, when you finish the main series. It features, in my opinion, the second-best story arc of her solo adventures.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    Since everyone seems to be getting one these days: what if Kate got her live action show on The DC Universe. Do you all have any actresses you could see portraying her?
    I've long maintained Kate Beckinsale would be perfect for the role. She's a bit older now at 46, but Kate (Spencer) should be a bit older, after all. And Beckinsale still looks great!
    "Forgiving the unrepentant is like drawing pictures on water." - Japanese Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by edpower View Post
    Oh! How about Lizzy Caplan!
    Lizzy is great.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Too bad Michelle Forbes is too old at this point - I could have seen her as a good tv Kate/Manhunter.

Maybe Emily Beecham who played the Widow in "Into the Badlands" - I can see that.
    Oooh I actually dig that choice!
    Quote Originally Posted by Energist View Post
    I've long maintained Kate Beckinsale would be perfect for the role. She's a bit older now at 46, but Kate (Spencer) should be a bit older, after all. And Beckinsale still looks great!
    Agreed about the older bit. I go back and forth with certain actresses who I think would be great because they could pull off the action and emotion but a lot of older actresses (and male actors even) don't stay in a long term physical roles. I remember reading an interview with Daniel Craig about how he couldn't possibly imagine doing anymore Bond movies after this next one because it was becoming tough. But honestly if we got only three great seasons of a Kate series I'd be content with that.

The good thing about it if it were a series is that with Kate, you'd want a real actress more than an action person t carry the drama and also convincingly play a great cut-throat lawyer. And Kate isn't a ninja or trained fighter - she steals some tech and decides to punish evil-doers, so almost any good actress could pull it off without too much training or stuntwork.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    Well, Kate said it best and her choice is Ashley Judd.

I think Jessica Stroup did a good job on "Iron Fist" and "The Following" before that. I can see her as Kate.

Cobie Smulders on Stumptown kinda gives me a Kate vibe (I know she's also MCU Maria Hill, but she was also Lego Wonder Woman!).