BANNED

Default HOw would DC function without the MAIN BATMAN FAMILY FOR 1 year ?

No seriously lets say someone powerful enough wipes out the main Batman family of Bruce, Dick, TIm, Jason, Damien and Babs and forces DC and Gotham to rely on the other members of the Batman family for a while ?

As fans of the Batman clan: What do you think of this ?

We saw what happened to the Titans without Dick.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Well DC doesn't seem to want some of them as it is, and the current Bat office isn't really doing much with any of them besides Bruce either. Losing Bruce would hurt though. The others, not so much.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 04-14-2019 at 09:04 PM.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Gotham lays in ruins and ashes ,Emporeor Joker will control the world with a purple iron glove and Darkseid will rule everything else unopposed until the Bats return to once re-establish themselves as the superior breed of heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Gotham lays in ruins and ashes ,Emporeor Joker will control the world with a purple iron glove and Darkseid will rule everything else unopposed until the Bats return to once re-establish themselves as the superior breed of heroes.
    Except, Joker isn't Joker without Batman to harass.

Incredible Member

DC can still go by with Catwoman or Harley Quinn just fine.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ngroove View Post
    DC can still go by with Catwoman or Harley Quinn just fine.
    Then they'd have to bring back Jim Balent.

Extraordinary Member

Lets go over the Titles:

- Batman and Detective Comics: the past have shown that they can survive for a year with someone else than Bruce being Batman, even if I thin it is still to early to that agian, since it was already done twice (with Dick and Gordon) in recent history

- Nightwing makes imo no sense without Dick

- Batgirl could probably survive with Cass and/or Steph taking up the mantle again (that might even result in a sales boost)

- Red Hood and the Outlaws, makes in the current version non sense without Jason, since the rest of the cast is to obscure (Bunker, Wingman and the Sisters Su can carry a book), if they first bring his bigger co stars back (Artemis, Bizzaro, Roy ...) I cound see the book survive for some time without Jason at least for an arc, a year could be to much (but you could of course do some story set in the past)

- Titans, Teen Titans and Young Justice can probably also survive a year without a Batfamily member (might hurt their sales, but I don't think they will drop into the cancellation range)

- Super Sons, the book is at the moment anyway dead since they aged up Jon. Otherwise they could try to do a Superboy solo for a year.

The Batman title obviously is gone. Batwoman would take the lead and they'd have to bring Clayface, Luke Fox, and David Zavimbe (who would need a new identity) back into the fold. These would be the main ones protecting Gotham in Detective Comics. The Outsiders (Black Lightning, Katana, Orphan, and Signal) would be fine without Batman, and would likely be the ones to look into bring back the core members; I would have the Outlaws (Artemis and Bizarro) join the Outsiders on that front. I'd imagine after the mains return the Outlaws go back with Jason and the Outsiders would continue to operate without Bruce. Red Arrow and Kid Flash would fill the leading role on the Teen Titans and hold it down until Damian returns. If this happened RIGHT NOW I don't think Jon would be too too broken up considering he has his own thing going on. Spoiler probably stays away from the cape stuff out of grief losing Tim again. Young Justice Survives without Tim and I'd say Wonder Girl probably runs point in Tim's stead.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 04-15-2019 at 06:54 AM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

BANNED

Read 52 weeks.

They would function just fine, but they'd make a lot less money.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Lets go over the Titles:

- Batman and Detective Comics: the past have shown that they can survive for a year with someone else than Bruce being Batman, even if I thin it is still to early to that agian, since it was already done twice (with Dick and Gordon) in recent history

- Nightwing makes imo no sense without Dick

- Batgirl could probably survive with Cass and/or Steph taking up the mantle again (that might even result in a sales boost)

- Red Hood and the Outlaws, makes in the current version non sense without Jason, since the rest of the cast is to obscure (Bunker, Wingman and the Sisters Su can carry a book), if they first bring his bigger co stars back (Artemis, Bizzaro, Roy ...) I cound see the book survive for some time without Jason at least for an arc, a year could be to much (but you could of course do some story set in the past)

- Titans, Teen Titans and Young Justice can probably also survive a year without a Batfamily member (might hurt their sales, but I don't think they will drop into the cancellation range)

- Super Sons, the book is at the moment anyway dead since they aged up Jon. Otherwise they could try to do a Superboy solo for a year.
    Bat-titles, I'd prefer it, if not the iconic characters behind cowls, either dedicated to funeral, how they have inspired others, ala between Death of Superman and Reign of the Supermen, or their titles, if need be taken over by second tiers to keep titles at bay, their titles be given a slash, and have written over it "Spoiler" or "Black Bat" or of the sort.

Detective Comics, however, may be given to non-Bat-detectives, a place to focus on maybe one or two of them, such as Slam Bradley, the Question, the Elongated Man, the Human Target, ect.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    They would function just fine, but they'd make a lot less money.
    This sounds about right.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    We saw what happened to the Titans without Dick.
    Wasn't it already intended to cancel the book anyway?