Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    387

    Default Id like a Joker moratorium for 2 or 3 years

    Once the Three Jokers story runs, I really think the character needs a rest for a few years.

    Joker has to be the most overplayed of Batmans rogues. There is little surprise or suspense to the character anymore. He s showing up is no longer an event or special.

  2. #2
    A Wearied Madness Vakanai's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,375

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bretmaverick2 View Post
    Once the Three Jokers story runs, I really think the character needs a rest for a few years.
    Yeah sure, but which of the three are you suggesting they put on hiatus?

  3. #3
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    640

    Default

    Question: Batman still needs an arch-nemesis, someone else whose going to be overused in his place. Who would you suggest would be Bats' arch for those 2 or 3 years?

    Penguin? Riddler? Ra's Al Ghul? Professor Pyg?

  4. #4
    ♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦ Godlike13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    8,094

    Default

    In recent years I don’t think Joker has been as overused as say Lex or even Darkseid. That being said I’m not against Joker being put away for little bit to keep him impactful.

  5. #5
    Stuck in Limbo again Red obin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    1,028

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ngroove View Post
    Question: Batman still needs an arch-nemesis, someone else whose going to be overused in his place. Who would you suggest would be Bats' arch for those 2 or 3 years?

    Penguin? Riddler? Ra's Al Ghul? Professor Pyg?
    Recently Bane seems to be taking that place.



    I wouldn't mind a joker hiatus but what I would prefer is for him to be less of a selling point. Just have him regularly turn up in some books for an arc and go, don't make him a massive key point fundamental to everything Not every one of his story needs to be Death of the Family, Endgame or the wedding. Hopefully his upcoming 'Tec arc will do this.
    "You can't be everywhere, you can't do it all"
    "I'm not Batman, I have friends."
    "But listen, call yourself Bat-Chick, Knightbat, or Black Robin- the point is, don't forget- you have a family."
    "You don't need me. This is a job for.........Alfred!" -Tim Drake

    "Dear Diary, I know what my next science project is going to be called: "My love/hate relationship with Gravity........And it was only then that young Stephanie truly realized gravity would forever be her enemy. "-Stephanie Brown

  6. #6
    Incredible Member Chubistian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Chile
    Posts
    662

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Red obin View Post
    Recently Bane seems to be taking that place.



    I wouldn't mind a joker hiatus but what I would prefer is for him to be less of a selling point. Just have him regularly turn up in some books for an arc and go, don't make him a massive key point fundamental to everything Not every one of his story needs to be Death of the Family, Endgame or the wedding. Hopefully his upcoming 'Tec arc will do this.
    Ditto

    I liked the Joker stories by Snyder, but I would rather have a Joker that appears from time to time than a Joker that is promoted a lot everytime he shows up. I think a hiatus may have the contrary effect. When he comes back, it will be a big deal in some event that will have an impact in every Bat title, and why not in some other franchise.
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

    "We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •