Default Old EU characters and Disney/Marvel adaptations

We've seen many EU characters re-integrated into the new continuity with some adjustments.

-Quinlan Vos. His basic skill-set is still there, and I think he still trained Aayla. Elements of his clone war arc were used in Dark Disciple, but heavily re-written.

-General Cracken. Pretty easy one to do, given that he was a fairly minor character anyway. Also, he was retroactivally identified as one of the Falcon guys in ROTJ who don't do that much except say "pressure steady" (There's a cool deleted scene where they man the cannons on the blu-ray though).

-Thrawn. His basic backstory is intact, although the whole thing with the Outbound Fleet project is pretty much scrubbed, and his activity is pretty much confined to the near-OT era with his current novels and REBELS. Although I suppose a future project could use him in some capacity.

However, should more be added?

Some tough ones but could work with some altering:

-Mara Jade. I can see her perhaps as a Jedi at Luke's ill-fated academy, or as an Imperial operative but it'd be hard to fit in the whole "Luke's wife" thing.

-Xizor. Marvel's already used the "Vader's rival" card a few too many times already.

-Talon Kaarde. Would be really easy I think, although Hondo's kind of taken his place as the whole uneasy underworld ally.

-Borsk Fey'la. We don't have much idea of how the New Republic worked between Jaaku and TFA apart from the Bloodline novels. I don't think we've even been given a canon Bothan look yet (The original EU sort of drew them inconsistently, as either horses, goats, dogs, or long-haired elves depending on the artist).

-Sith Lords (Kun, Sadow, Revan etc) or ancient Jedi (Bastila, Ulic etc). Apart from Momin in Darth Vader and of course Bane, the history of the Sith before Plageuis is largely vague, ditto with the ancient Jedi, although there are rumors of that being the subject of the next trilogy. Curiously, numerous Sith Lords have been named in recent canon books Master and Apprentice and Dooku Jedi Lost.

-I suppose the Vong could be integrated in some way, but with their threat heavily reduced like the Noghri were (Minus of course their whole Vader backstory and guardianship of Leia). Just as maybe just a weird alien race?

As for impossible, it's pretty much:

-The Solo kids, for obvious reasons.

-Ditto with Ben Skywalker.

-Although Palpatine's laugh is in ROS, somehow I don't think we're likely to see the Clone Emperor.

-Most of Luke's Jedi Order. I suppose you can still have Kyle Katarn as a rebel mercenary/ex-stormtrooper, but you'd have to ditch the Death Star plan stuff along with probably the Jedi element.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

I think that Xizor would be worked in but not the "Vader's rival" but still a crime boss that could be opposite of the Crimson Dawn from the Solo movie. It would be kind of cool to have Xizor and Darth Maul go at each other.
    Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting

iMan 42s

Galen Marek (Starkiller) is an obvious choice for the Inquisitors and little from TFU would have to change to adapt him to Disney. He dies before ANH and so he also can't interfere with canon up to Rogue One which TFU never directly transitioned into anyways.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

I might go with Lumiya. She was the Emporer's other Hand. If you never wanted to introduce Mara, then I'd introduce her.

Admiral Dalla. I always liked her. Female General.

Who was the female with the two colored yes. Major villain in the Rogue and Wraith books, whose name escapes me. But she would also work.

The Vong. When you want to introduce the boogie man. Small doses of the force which is coming to kill everyone.

I was always disappointed we never got the Sith vs Sith War the EU universe was promising us. That is a whole different rant. But either Sith faction would be fun to introduce.

Kyp could be easily introduced. Freed slave who has force powers.

Wraith Squadron was well thought out.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Isard (Two colored eye villain) and Dalla are major post-ROTJ villains but I suppose they can be worked in before that like Thrawn. Isard's father is still canon so she could still be.

Daala might be a bit more tough, given that her backstory also involves the Death Star and Tarkin. The former's story has been pretty much streamlined by Disney with Rogue One and a few other things (The original EU's Death Star timeline was a real mess).

Black Sun is still canon and appeared in Clone Wars, where it was actually part of Maul's initial group before he created Crimson Dawn years later. It was actually led by Faleen who kind of resembled Xizor, including his purple costume.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Isard (Two colored eye villain) and Dalla are major post-ROTJ villains but I suppose they can be worked in before that like Thrawn. Isard's father is still canon so she could still be.

Daala might be a bit more tough, given that her backstory also involves the Death Star and Tarkin. The former's story has been pretty much streamlined by Disney with Rogue One and a few other things (The original EU's Death Star timeline was a real mess).

Black Sun is still canon and appeared in Clone Wars, where it was actually part of Maul's initial group before he created Crimson Dawn years later. It was actually led by Faleen who kind of resembled Xizor, including his purple costume.
    Thanks Isard, I knew it started with an I. I was stuck on Isolde though.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

-Mara Jade. I can see her perhaps as a Jedi at Luke's ill-fated academy, or as an Imperial operative but it'd be hard to fit in the whole "Luke's wife" thing.
    I personally feel too much of the character depends on Legends to work in canon, unlike someone like Thrawn.

-Xizor. Marvel's already used the "Vader's rival" card a few too many times already.
    Just don't have him be a Vader rival. Black Sun and the Falleen aliens have been put in canon, so he could go there.

-Talon Kaarde. Would be really easy I think, although Hondo's kind of taken his place as the whole uneasy underworld ally.

-Borsk Fey'la. We don't have much idea of how the New Republic worked between Jaaku and TFA apart from the Bloodline novels. I don't think we've even been given a canon Bothan look yet (The original EU sort of drew them inconsistently, as either horses, goats, dogs, or long-haired elves depending on the artist).
    The furry, snouted look became default by the time Legends ended, although it's funny to note that canon seems really reluctant describe then and a couple of people have dropped hints that the Bothans could be reimagined considerably from their roots now. While most aliens tend to get imported "as is," there are exceptions, like how Hutts now have set genders. Or the Zeltron character in the Join the Resistance series; their influencing other people's emotions was scaled back to something rarer in the gene pool and that they needed actively try to use. It was also made a two-way street, where the Zeltron themselves were prone to replicating the emotions of people they cared about (as a point, when this character got into a heated disagreement with a friend, it escalated partially since her own angry emotions were being boosted by the friend's).

-Sith Lords (Kun, Sadow, Revan etc) or ancient Jedi (Bastila, Ulic etc). Apart from Momin in Darth Vader and of course Bane, the history of the Sith before Plageuis is largely vague, ditto with the ancient Jedi, although there are rumors of that being the subject of the next trilogy. Curiously, numerous Sith Lords have been named in recent canon books Master and Apprentice and Dooku Jedi Lost.
    Bane and Reven were supposed to cameo in the Mortis Clone Wars story, so maybe we'll see more of them come back, if nothing else, borrowing a page from the FFG RPG and having them floating around as stories and tales that may or may not be true.

-I suppose the Vong could be integrated in some way, but with their threat heavily reduced like the Noghri were (Minus of course their whole Vader backstory and guardianship of Leia). Just as maybe just a weird alien race?
    The Vong were slated to appear in the Clone Wars show before it was canceled, and since those episodes are still considered canonical by the Powers That Be...
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

I kind of liked the old "fanon" that the Dresellians- the "prune face" aliens who appear in ROTJ (One's even part of Han's team although I don't think we see him do anything on the planet...maybe kept an eye on the shuttle should they need a quick getaway?) were actually the Bothans.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

One that I always liked was the expanded House of Tagge family from the old Marvel comics. I loved how those comics gave such a depth to this important family. Orman, Cassio, Silas, Ulric, and little sister Domina were a very formidable family and served as one of the key atagonists in the years in the comics between A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back. I would love to seem the brought back in some way.

Obviously....

LOL! After Splinter this was actually the first official canon Expanded Universe tale.
    Following the end of a New Hope ... this is where, and how both the creative universes' of Lucas and Marvel (now both owned by Disney) first came together, and what they put forth:
    Once upon a time if you wanted more Star Wars this is where it began! LOL!
    It's time Marvel/Lucas/Disney own up to it, and give them their movie!
    Last edited by Güicho; 07-12-2019 at 07:57 AM.

Zero Hunter-I'd like to think that having Tagge feature somewhat heavily in the Marvel Darth Vader comics (Turns out the Executor was his ship before Vader's) was perhaps a slight nod to that (Tagge apparentally left the station before it's destruction in Disney continuity, which kind of makes sense given his skepticism and we don't see him during the Yavin battle at all-only Tarkin, Motti and Bast). Tagge's family and company are still technically canon, but so far only the General represents it, as we haven't seen his siblings.

Although the Star Hoppers haven't had any canon stuff, the Cloud Riders from the same old Marvel issues were sort of adapted in Solo, but as a sort of proto-rebellion.