superc98

Post Spider-Man 4 Animated Movie In The Works + Sam Rami and Toby Maguire RUMORS

Okay, this is epic.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

I really really hope this rumour comes out true.

What the heck? Surely this can't be true!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

I'd wait for someone like Midnight's Edge to cover something like this, not some guy playing PS4 Spidey.

I truly hope this rumor is true, but I'm not getting my hopes up.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Right now, I have no reason to believe this rumor, it's just some random guy playing a videogame and talking about a rumor.

That said, it would be smart of Sony to do this. Nostalgia always makes big money, and there's plenty of nostalgia for the first two Spider-Man movies, plus their most profitable superhero movie since Raimi's trilogy is the animated Into the Spider-Verse, so animated Raimi/Maguire movie would be a no brainer - unfortunately that doesn't mean they'll do it or even consider it.

Would be neat if Maguire's Spider-Man could cameo in Spider-Verse 2 though.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Yeah, I'm not going to waste my time watching what is certainly some nobody Let's Player who wants to boost his numbers. It's not hard to create a fake social media account for something like that. People do it all the time for cartoons from the '90s when they want to get nerds excited.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    Yeah, I'm not going to waste my time watching what is certainly some nobody Let's Player who wants to boost his numbers. It's not hard to create a fake social media account for something like that. People do it all the time for cartoons from the '90s when they want to get nerds excited.
    Case in point: the "AnyTown Show" trolls who tried to trick people into thinking Hey Arnold! had been renewed for a sixth season and actually posed as that show's creator on social media.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Case in point: the "AnyTown Show" trolls who tried to trick people into thinking Hey Arnold! had been renewed for a sixth season and actually posed as that show's creator on social media.
    Ah, wasn't sure who was responsible for that one. I assume they were also behind the Rugrats, and Recess ones as well? They were all nearly identical. They could have at least made multiple posts on the fake blog, and staggered them over the course of a few months.

But yeah, it's nothing new. I remember back in 2009 when a bunch of people created twitter accounts for the crew of Avatar the Last Airbender to confirm a fourth season. It made the two co-creators/showrunners basically swear off the platform.
    Last edited by Personamanx; 04-15-2019 at 02:00 PM.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Would be neat if Maguire's Spider-Man could cameo in Spider-Verse 2 though.
    This probably the best option. I loved the world Raimi created and Toby's Spider-Man, but it just doesn't make sense at all for another live-action movie to be made.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."