Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Just HOW can Marvel boost the Eternals in the overall Marvel Universe ?

Given the news of when Kevin Fiege officially announces the Eternals Movie and their entry into the MCU it begs the question: HOW is Marvel going to pull this promotional appearance off for an obscure group of characters with ties to Jack Kirby and some of the Avengers ?

I mean nothing against the casting thus far, but if Angelina Jolie is going to be playing Sersi, then I hate to say it, but maybe it would be wiser to cast her as someone else...because give the actress demand in movies and also her age...I mean de-aging tech can only go so far within the current movie landscape. Also it would be better to cast an unknown actresses and Actors in a role for long term agreements in case the movie success instead of popular ones that would take a while to get to given their demands and age limitations.

I'm not trying to downplay this, but if I were Fiege, I would swallow my pride and take another crack at the Inhumans regardless of the consequences and just say that previous attempt was a Hollywood mess gone wrong.

I just don't see the Eternals being boosted into the higher ranks at Marvel even if the Movie is a success.

However as fans of this Obscure group: What do you think of it ?

Astonishing Member

The Eternals already have greater connections to the Marvel universe. They and humans were both descended from the same race, but the Eternals were experimented by Celestials, the same experiments that created mutants and deviants. Thanos himself is an Eternal.

What Marvel needs to do is address these connections.

They don't need to boost them they have a movie coming out. They just need a solid book that doesn't get canceled the movie will do the rest. Some fans don't get if a book can hold a consistent audience marvel is happy not every book has to be Spiderman or Wolverine numbers. Marvel would be fine with a mid-tier book that sticks around and so they can keep using the back catalog and creating new stuff.

Inhumans has got a God push and yet they don't have a team or solo book from the main players for Inhumans. There is no pride to be swallowed Eternals have just as much potential as Inhumans and they have an overall better enemy(my opinion) in Deviants in general(plus Thanos) where you can just tell self-contained stories against them and be fine. A solo book from one of the Eternals main players like Sersi, Ikaris, Gilamesh, Makkari, Hyperion,Thena,Starfox and become their "Thor" sticking around would be okay result as well.

hopefully they do a better job than the one with the Asgardians.

Jesus. Why is everyone throwing a fit at this Angelina Jolie thing. It's still a rumor and I don't think it was even said that she would be Sersi. Even then Marvel has cast 40+ actors as protagonists of new franchises already. I guess because they're men no one really thought much about it...

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

An event called Eternity that would lead to various spin-offs such as: Uncanny Eternals, All-New Eternals, and a Sersi series. They'd last a year or two before being sent into space.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    An event called Eternity that would lead to various spin-offs such as: Uncanny Eternals, All-New Eternals, and a Sersi series. They'd last a year or two before being sent into space.
    Where's the poorly thought-out X-Men crossover to ruin all the fun?
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Where's the poorly thought-out X-Men crossover to ruin all the fun?
    Oh, they'll have already been cancelled and re-launched Three times during this period. I don't know if they'll have the time.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Let Rian Johnson direct it. I'm not joking. If you are looking to subvert everyone's expectations there is no better time to do it then post Endgame. It's a bunch of characters that the audience has no attachment to and comic fans are "meh" towards. Let's him go nuts, he might surprise is.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

They might end up like Ant-Man or GOTG depending on how marvel decides to push them in the comics.
    We need better comics

If the Marvel cartoons were still running like they used to be I wonder if they would have had every cartoon do an Eternals episode to tie-in to the push for the property like they did with the Inhumans back when they were supposed to be big thing (which in hindsight is kind of funny in a sad way).

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I just hopes it is well thought out and not just shoved in your face everywhere like how they did with the Inhumans.

Start building up a big story line in a book like Thor who has had long time ties to the Eternals, and then slowly let it branch out into other titles until it blows up into a huge event book. Maybe a full on war with the Deviants starts building that draws in the other hidden races like the Moliods, the Tyrannoids, Lemurians, and others. It could be massive if done right and for once it would not be more hero vs hero bullshit.

Here's how to boost the Eternals.

Don't.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I just hopes it is well thought out and not just shoved in your face everywhere like how they did with the Inhumans.

Start building up a big story line in a book like Thor who has had long time ties to the Eternals, and then slowly let it branch out into other titles until it blows up into a huge event book. Maybe a full on war with the Deviants starts building that draws in the other hidden races like the Moliods, the Tyrannoids, Lemurians, and others. It could be massive if done right and for once it would not be more hero vs hero bullshit.
    Or at least if you promote the Eternals, don't try and present or make them a franchise they aren't.

Fantastic Member Chainsaw Vigilante's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Jesus. Why is everyone throwing a fit at this Angelina Jolie thing. It's still a rumor and I don't think it was even said that she would be Sersi. Even then Marvel has cast 40+ actors as protagonists of new franchises already. I guess because they're men no one really thought much about it...
    Probably because Thena is the other major female Eternal and Jolie as Thena makes far less sense.