BANNED

Default I have a kind of noob question :D

I have been away from monthly game for like 10 years or something... I want to get back with Jonathan Hickman run, i heard that he would write x-men... So my question is when does his run start ? in which title ? I believe there is a thread for this, but i couldn't find it... So i ask here and hopefuly don't cross any rules or anything... I already checked out my comixology account and couldn't find any Hickman X-Men issues in the site... So i assume his run hasn't started yet... ? help will be appreaciate. Thanks.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gurz View Post
    I have been away from monthly game for like 10 years or something... I want to get back with Jonathan Hickman run, i heard that he would write x-men... So my question is when does his run start ? in which title ? I believe there is a thread for this, but i couldn't find it... So i ask here and hopefuly don't cross any rules or anything... I already checked out my comixology account and couldn't find any Hickman X-Men issues in the site... So i assume his run hasn't started yet... ? help will be appreaciate. Thanks.
    No worries. So you'll find the thread talking about this here: https://community.cbr.com/showthread...-X-Powers-of-X

We know that there are two 6-issue miniseries being written by him starting in July. House of X and Power of X(Ten). Cover art for those books can be found in the above thread.

BANNED

Thank you so much

They aren't out yet. Marvel has this lovely habit of announcing and hyping up things 6 months before release, even while we're in the middle of something else they were hyping 6 months ago.

Truth be told though it might be worth "catching up" on a few key things. Though we have zero idea how the Hickman run will interact with the current storylines, it will likely have some connection to the consequences of what's unraveling. It's been a busy few months in the X-World...

Up to you if you want to read X-Men Gold/Red/Blue

Otherwise start with Extermination 1-5
    X-Men "Disassembled" run in Uncanny X-Men #1-10
    X-Men: The Exterminated #1
    Uncanny X-Men Annual #1
    X-Force #1
    This goes into the "Age of X-Man" cross over event:
    Age of X-Man: Apocalypse & The X-Tracts #1-5 which is going on now.
    ◾ Age of X-Man: Nextgen #1-5
    ◾ Age of X-Man: Prisoner X #1-5
    ◾ Age of X-Man: The Amazing Nightcrawler #1-5
    ◾ Age of X-Man: The Marvelous X-Men #1-5
    ◾ Age of X-Man: The X-Tremists #1-5
    With X-Force and Uncanny X-Men continuing "in the background"

This should lead into Hickman's run and would give you plenty of information going into his run.

BANNED

Thanks pandafarmer

X-Men Blue Issue 1 was free at comixology so i read The X-Men Blue # 1 (2017) 7/10

Not bad, the team was time displaced original 5 of Beast, Cyclops, Jean, ice man and angel. They stopped a villain called black tom or whatever from hijaking a yatch. Jouggernout was his partner, he gave really hard time to our young x-men. I didn't like how jean was the team leader when there was Cyclops... Their mentor was Magneto, Magneto needs to make up his mind... 1 minute he's good the next he's evil... There was a blond guy with Wolverine's powers, he was fighting against Wendego in another place... This must be Jimmy, Logan's son. I heard about him, he was in Ultimate Universe and Marvel decided to bring him to 616... Like we don't have enough characters with Wolverine powers... I complain alot but i actually enjoyed the action pact issue. I think i will get the second issue and go on from there... I kind of want to read X-Men. The news about Jonathan Hickman will take over The X-men really hyped me... I'm on board for now.
    Last edited by Gurz; 04-19-2019 at 02:47 AM.

I'd recommend looking into Marvel Unlimited. The paid sub is well worth it if you want to deep dive into side stories and play catch up. I was sort of in the same spot you were around a year ago and have spent months re-reading the entire X-catalog including special appearances and non-X books that contribute to the greater whole of an event. It's helped me gain a LOT of perspective on some characters and storylines considering when I was younger I was too broke to buy everything X-related. It's amazing to be able to do that now with today's technology.

I don't believe you will have to buy anything to understand Hickmans run.
    The last 10 years have been trash that gets reset after every writer is finished with their run