Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Spectacular Member DetectiveStrange's Avatar

I edited my list to include a couple of titles I forgot like Brave & Bold, sci-fi anthologies, Bat-characters, and more, taking it to the top 100 longest running titles (unless, of course, if I forgot something!)

Thanks for the catch Jim Kelly! Looks like we had different Flash totals "married guy" - it's certainly possible I've made mistakes in my totals and that I'm off in a few places. However, I don't think I'm off anywhere by too much, so I think this gives us a sense of where things are. I used mainly DC.Fandom.com and researched the various series, but didn't include annuals or special issues.

One question is what to do with a series that separates into two books. For example, when Green Lantern was relaunched as Green Lantern Corps in 1986, but continued the numbering of GL, should we include that GLC relaunch as part of the GL legacy numbering? Or should it be counted with later GLC titles, like the one launched in 2006?

Another question arises with Teen Titans and Legion, and whether two ongoings should be counted together or not - like the Legion series . You'd think the answer would be no, but then when you get into legacy titles and rebranding and reprints, things get complicated....

And I certainly agree with CaptCleghorn, that Flash should be next for a fourth legacy renumbering!
    Last edited by DetectiveStrange; 04-17-2019 at 06:31 AM.