Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Pitch a Direction: X-Men

The one thing X-fans can agree on anymore is that we've seen the current plots (mutants on the edge of extinction, transported to an alternate universe, mutants and humans wanting the other to be extinct, etc) are all things we've seen before. What would you do if you could change the direction the X-Men are all in?

Saying "keep them where they are" is fine. Also, feel free to bring up individual X-Men and what you'd like to see them be doing.

BANNED

Avengers got food poisoning because cap is a terrible cook,now it's X-men time to save the day.

*Later,it will be revealed that that was an evil cap manipulated by a marble.

Incredible Member bladeofdarkness's Avatar

I want them to finally pull the trigger on the whole "The NXM kids secretly hate the X-men" plotline that they have been building towards since the end of Messiah Complex.

Seriously, just finally have the kids up and leave the, and kill the entire "School" aspect of this franchise for a while - ala Outback era
    And use the kids in their own "Champions" style franchise, while keeping the X-men entirely as a superhero team.

Quote Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
    I want them to finally pull the trigger on the whole "The NXM kids secretly hate the X-men" plotline that they have been building towards since the end of Messiah Complex.

Seriously, just finally have the kids up and leave the, and kill the entire "School" aspect of this franchise for a while - ala Outback era
    And use the kids in their own "Champions" style franchise, while keeping the X-men entirely as a superhero team.
    The school is just a big target for people to just come and wipe out a select few every year. They really should have the manor in a public place and put the school in some secret place in Guam or something.

Fantastic Member

Mr. & Mrs. X really turned me on to the idea of an X-team that operates off-world. Just recruit a few more members, throw a Starjammer in there, and tell Earth to piss off. All or most of the drama could come from 5-6 people being cooped up on a tiny ship in space. Gambit, Rogue, Hepzibah, Colossus, maybe one or two of the kids.

Anything to get away from Earth and its nonsense for a while. Mutant Bebop is a book I'd read for sure.

Astonishing Member

Just copy my hero academia, it's the closest will ever get to new xmen returning.

I'm all on board with this. I want the X-kids to get their own X-Force era.
    "I just came out to have a good time and I'm feeling very attacked right now"

I really want to revisit the Utopia set up without the AvX derailment. Extinction team for big threats. Global team for world jumping adventures. Science club. Clean up crew and Street team. Each with their own book. And back to San Francisco since New York's crowded enough. Working with the community like they were doing with the mayor.

+1 to this. The Academy X deserve more than the shitty treatment they have.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by magneticmushroom View Post
    Mr. & Mrs. X really turned me on to the idea of an X-team that operates off-world. Just recruit a few more members, throw a Starjammer in there, and tell Earth to piss off. All or most of the drama could come from 5-6 people being cooped up on a tiny ship in space. Gambit, Rogue, Hepzibah, Colossus, maybe one or two of the kids.

Anything to get away from Earth and its nonsense for a while. Mutant Bebop is a book I'd read for sure.
    That could be fun. I could see some storyline involving Xandra (but that might involve X, then, which is kind of a turn off for me)
    Make Good Art

The X-Men take over the operation of a steam railway in Wales.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Just copy my hero academia, it's the closest will ever get to new xmen returning.
    Make sense this world would be the ideal to show how students should be trained.

I think would pause the stories about extinction or alternative realities and make the X-men and the mutants advance a bit in human relations and get out of isolation. Corporation X and watching the heroes working on projects outside of school would be fun.

Work with the metaphor on other aspects and points of view such as countries that resolve to give more freedom to mutants in exchange for using them as soldiers or weapons as Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei or see them trying to make some agreement with the government as in X-Factor. More stories with X-mens in space or outside the US.

Something more like modern times without the despair as if they were in constant danger of being purged from existence.

Gold and Red could have gone that way.
    Last edited by Knives; 02-07-2019 at 11:30 AM.

Civil War!
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    That would only work if the X-men had some respect and or care towards the Academy X characters, which they obviously don't have lmao.

X-Men: New Mutant Order
    After literally eviscerating a mutant criminal on live television in an election year, Victor Creed takes the Oval Office. Rather than do the work of leading the free world, he grants the anti-mutant lobby every wish imaginable. In less than a month, the United States criminalizes the x-gene, outlaws mutant x-gene carriers, and deploys Sentinels to patrol the homeland. Before the old guard could agree on a unified direction for the X-Men, the original New Mutants develop a seven point plan meant to turn the tide on an international scale.

Uncanny X-Men
    setting: abandoned Australian Outback ghost town
    cast: Storm, Nightcrawler, Colossus, Bishop, Beast, White Queen
    concept: Wolfsbane's Initiative is to establish Xavier Institutions around the world to serve as sanctuaries and training facilities for emergent and victimized mutants. The first is in the remote Outback. The second is under Braddock Manor. The third is intended for Wakanda, but it's still in planning stages. Storm, Colossus, and Nightcrawler serve as rescue squad. White Queen and Beast manage curriculum. Nightcrawler truly enjoys the setup and offering sanctuary and education to young mutants. Storm is conflicted, and feels the X-Men should be more proactive world-saving superheroes, but wonders whether it's nostalgia driving her motivation.

X-Men
    setting: ruins of Xavier Institute, Salem Center
    cast: Cyclops, Wolverine, Rogue, Toad, Blob, Frenzy
    concept: Bucking the hands-off USA approach that the New Mutants espouse, Rogue recruits Cyclops and Wolverine to assist in liberating mutant criminals from American super-prisons and turning them into a team of proactive world-saving superheroes. Rogue does her best to scout and strategize, and Wolverine spends a lot of time on walkabout, which leaves Cyclops to rehabilitate the ex-villains. Over time, Cyclops reconsiders Rogue's methods and leads the ex-villains into true anti-human terrorism.

X-Force
    setting: DaCosta Internacional Torre Celestial
    cast: Psylocke, Sunspot, Boom Boom, Chance, Cannonball, Warpath, Manifold, Link, Bedlam
    concept: Sunspot & Cannonball's Initiatives work like day and night. Berto aggressively positions his company to acquire as much anti-mutant technology and production while also moving the center of the Hellfire Club to South America. Psylocke is hired to infiltrate global corporations and organizations. Cannonball leads an elite team of mutant terrorists to disable, disrupt, and destroy the corporations without DaCosta involvement.

The chaos caused by these five unsanctioned teams brings them into conflict with globally sanctioned teams, brought about by Moonstar's Initiative. Rebuilding X-Corp with SHIELD's assistance, Moonstar helps establish pro-mutant superhuman strike teams in huge cities across the world. Mexico City, Cairo, Delhi, Kinsasha, and Tokyo all feature X-Men-like teams full of international heroes.