Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Default Roy Thomas Returns to Marvel and the Invaders

Wow, what more can I say? I'm so in for this!

https://www.monkeysfightingrobots.co...NgTsweuSwYAEdM

hmm. best of luck. might as well make an animated special out of this. But will they?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    hmm. best of luck. might as well make an animated special out of this. But will they?
    I have no inkling about any sort of an animated special that would be tied into this, Hypestyle.
    As a longtime comic book reader and fan of Roy Thomas and his legendary work at Marvel and DC though, I for one am excited about this news.

If they're really serious about bringing back peak Invaders, they'll do an issue with one original page that leads into an edited reprint of a Golden Age story.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Stingo View Post
    Wow, what more can I say? I'm so in for this!

https://www.monkeysfightingrobots.co...NgTsweuSwYAEdM
    So cool! Not sure if this is a one-shot, an ongoing, or a mini but whatever it is, it's a dream team and I'm all in for it!

Boisterously Confused

I'm willing to gamble on it. Be interesting to see if they still have their old All-Star Squadron magic!

Boisterously Confused

Something humorously interesting. This news is getting a lot more posts on the DC forum's All-Star Squadron threads than it is here.

Ultimate Member

Interesting! And to think someone in the DC Threads was suggesting that they come back for All Star Squadron, and many folks were like "Oh, Roy has moved on..."

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Something humorously interesting. This news is getting a lot more posts on the DC forum's All-Star Squadron threads than it is here.
    The DC Earth-Two folks are somewhat zealous.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    So cool! Not sure if this is a one-shot, an ongoing, or a mini but whatever it is, it's a dream team and I'm all in for it!
    The article says "series". The title of the book leads me to believe mini-series.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    I think it is a one-shot. Marvel are doing a few new one-shots featuring creative teams closely associated with iconic characters, teams and titles. We have this one. We also have one by Peter David and Dale Keown for Hulk. Bleeding Cool has speculated that Claremont and Sienkiewicz might be doing one for The New Mutants. Although, they got that from the Amazon listing for the trade collecting this and the Hulk one.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Interesting! And to think someone in the DC Threads was suggesting that they come back for All Star Squadron, and many folks were like "Oh, Roy has moved on..."
    Yeah, I'm the guilty party who began the "Roy and Jerry should return to All-Star Squadron" thread over on the DC boards. I love the work of Thomas and Ordway and was kind of bummed to see so much indifference and, in some instances, flat out ageism directed towards two fine and talented gentlemen.

At any rate, thought I would post this link from Bleeding Cool regarding Roy's new Invaders project...Some interesting comments from Roy!

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/04...ke-of-windsor/
    Last edited by Stingo; 04-17-2019 at 11:06 AM.

Astonishing Member

Intrigued about this.
    Roy Thomas stories are great and Jerry Ordway have a great art style.So i will be buying this one.
    Besides this one i will be buying for sure the Incredible Hulk by Peter David and Dale Keown from the Marvel’s eightieth anniversary comic books editions.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Perhaps, also, because Jerry Ordway is better known at DC. He didn't do any Invaders work -- and I'm not familiar with his Marvel work.

Looking forward to reading this. Love that Roy Thomas is bouncing off historical events.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Perhaps, also, because Jerry Ordway is better known at DC. He didn't do any Invaders work -- and I'm not familiar with his Marvel work.

Looking forward to reading this. Love that Roy Thomas is bouncing off historical events.
    Ordway did some work on Fantastic Four late in the Byrne run as some shortly after Byrne left. I think his work is reminiscent of Joe Sinnott inking the various artist through his career.