Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    I'm expecting to see a similar scene when they face Rogol Zaar or something.
    I suspect that if Bendis is going the "new power" route (and it seems he is) that fight is where he's going to bring it to the forefront.

Now here's a question. There seemed to be some work towards making Zod's son (Lor-Zod, right?) Jon's antithesis, correct? I didn't read any of those books (was it GL? Superman before Bendis? I dunno) but that's the vibe I got from the talk around here. So if Jon's been aged up a bit, and if he's getting new powers.....and assuming Bendis is building/continuing the parallel between Lor-Zod and Jon.....where does that leave the son of Zod?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I suspect that if Bendis is going the "new power" route (and it seems he is) that fight is where he's going to bring it to the forefront.

Now here's a question. There seemed to be some work towards making Zod's son (Lor-Zod, right?) Jon's antithesis, correct? I didn't read any of those books (was it GL? Superman before Bendis? I dunno) but that's the vibe I got from the talk around here. So if Jon's been aged up a bit, and if he's getting new powers.....and assuming Bendis is building/continuing the parallel between Lor-Zod and Jon.....where does that leave the son of Zod?
    I don't know where that's going to leave Lor-Zod(Chris Kent).
    Last edited by MeGrimlock420; 04-19-2019 at 05:34 PM.

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    But that's not really what Superman Blue did. He could adjust his density, create fields, turn into electricity, adjust his electromagnetic wave length, magnetism, and take in electricity.

If I recall it was specifically the suit that made Superman Blue solid. To be honest with you, what Jon did looks nothing like electricity.

Edit: Just did some research and the way he made himself solid was actually be phasing himself into our reality because as electric Superman he's slightly out of tune. It wasn't a power or even a construct though. However, he could make a rudimentary "solid energy wall" and box. However it was never anything even remotely as complex as a Green Lantern or what Jon seems to be doing (which has far more in common with a lantern). And as I said before, Jon's construct doesn't really look like any sort of electricity like Blue's did. It looks like the construct of a lantern.

The reason why I'm actually very ok with Jon possibly having the ability to manipulate his personal emotional electromagnetic spectrum is because the way Johns set it up when he came up with it. He makes it abundantly clear that every single living creature produces the emotional spectrum. It's not something inherently unique to the Lanterns. It's like every creature having a bio electrical aura. Conceptually, it's just a thing that's part of the DCU.

So, Jon's genetics somehow giving him "super emotions" thus allowing him to manipulate the spectrum makes some sense. Again, it's not actually something unique to a Lantern ring. Plus, it's not as if Kryptonians are strangers to light.

Superman blue did 2 things that got me thinking Jon is just tapping into another wavelength of kryptonian powers.he could create hard energy constructs and absorb energy from anything, and i think that's what Jon can and will be able to do,simple as that.doesmt mean he is gonna turn into a lightning bolt or into a energy being out of phase,just create constructs and absorb energy.your acting like these powers need to be precisely the same,when that's silly,we have seen enough variations on kryptonian powers now that that shouldn't even be a arguement.

Lor lost some kryptonian power level,but acquired TK,kon could lose some energy processing,but gains TTK,this is what happens with them.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kon93 View Post
    Superman blue did 2 things that got me thinking Jon is just tapping into another wavelength of kryptonian powers.he could create hard energy constructs and absorb energy from anything, and i think that's what Jon can and will be able to do,simple as that.doesmt mean he is gonna turn into a lightning bolt or into a energy being out of phase,just create constructs and absorb energy.your acting like these powers need to be precisely the same,when that's silly,we have seen enough variations on kryptonian powers now that that shouldn't even be a arguement.

Lor lost some kryptonian power level,but acquired TK,kon could lose some energy processing,but gains TTK,this is what happens with them.
    I get what you're saying, but we haven't seen anything that points to Jon being able to "absorb energy from anything." What we have seen and read is that Jon's emotions are a big thing to at least one of Jon's powers. Emotions, emotions, emotions. Then we see him make a very intricate translucent construct. That reads more like manipulation of the emotional electromagnetic spectrum than creating constructs kind of out of the blue, ya know? That's why I created the whole precedent section in my post.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Kon93

I get what you're saying, but we haven't seen anything that points to Jon being able to "absorb energy from anything." What we have seen and read is that Jon's emotions are a big thing to at least one of Jon's powers. Emotions, emotions, emotions. Then we see him make a very intricate translucent construct. That reads more like manipulation of the emotional electromagnetic spectrum than creating constructs kind of out of the blue, ya know? That's why I created the whole precedent section in my post.

So your essay,which was guessing,cant be like Argent or Bunker,or even The Ray,or any other being who can make pretty lil constructs,because jon,at 10,has high emotions...ok.

Nah man, I'd never say it can't be anything. I'm not writing it, so I wouldn't know. But the reason I created this thread was to attempting to ascertain the answer through what we've already seen.

For all I know it could be like Ray, sure. But then it could also be anything or nothing at all. That wouldn't make for much conversation and theory crafting if we can't point to textual examples and clues.

If anyone else wants to point towards recent and relevant information that might give us some insight then please by all means. I'm just as in the dark as anyone not named Brian Bendis. We are all just grasping at straws.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 04-21-2019 at 09:44 AM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Kon93

Nah man, I'd never say it can't be anything. I'm not writing it, so I wouldn't know. But the reason I created this thread was to attempting to ascertain the answer through what we've already seen.

For all I know it could be like Ray, sure. But then it could also be anything or nothing at all. That wouldn't make for much conversation and theory crafting if we can't point to textual examples and clues.

If anyone else wants to point towards recent and relevant information that might give us some insight then please by all means. I'm just as in the dark as anyone not named Brian Bendis. We are all just grasping at straws.

Ok,I'm guessing because he harnesses solar energy different than full kryptonians he can do slightly different things with it,as in energy constructs and absorb energy like JLK.

JLK could absorb energy and has the same parents and is a child created under normal circumstances like JSK.

Ok,I'm guessing because he harnesses solar energy different than full kryptonians he can do slightly different things with it,as in energy constructs and absorb energy like JLK.

JLK could absorb energy and has the same parents and is a child created under normal circumstances like JSK.
    If were bringing Jon Lane Kent into the equation, then couldn't an argument be made that Jon may just be using some really advanced tk field manipulation to make that construct? Or all Kryptonian hybrids come with ttk and this is just Jon making a very advanced localized bubble around his arm?

Kon93

If were bringing Jon Lane Kent into the equation, then couldn't an argument be made that Jon may just be using some really advanced tk field manipulation to make that construct? Or all Kryptonian hybrids come with ttk and this is just Jon making a very advanced localized bubble around his arm?

I hate calling full TK,TTK,but sure,if ye has some control over his energy field then it wouldn't be a huge jump to say he can create constructs,atleast connecting to him.

I still dont even get why a super strong kid needs to create a battle armor for his arm anyway,it seems redundant,way more than those who are wrongly calling TTK redundant for SB,when its not*atleast not the way I picture it).

I hate calling full TK,TTK,but sure,if ye has some control over his energy field then it wouldn't be a huge jump to say he can create constructs,atleast connecting to him.
    Could just be that all half kryptonians have TTK

Could just be that all half kryptonians have TTK
    I won't be surprised if they go with this. Maybe not just half kryptonian but kryptonian mutations like Chris Kent. They can explain it that when put under strange duress or adding something foreign to Kryptonian genes triggers something in their biology that enables them to fly to exhibit "tk" like abilities like the Smallville Season 11 Conner.

Quote Originally Posted by 13th Superman View Post
    I won't be surprised if they go with this. Maybe not just half kryptonian but kryptonian mutations like Chris Kent. They can explain it that when put under strange duress or adding something foreign to Kryptonian genes triggers something in their biology that enables them to fly to exhibit "tk" like abilities like the Smallville Season 11 Conner.
    Ultimately, I'd rather TTK not be something that all half kryptonians have, but I won't act like it's not a distinct possibility that Jon and Kon have the same powers. I'd just rather something else.

Especially when such importance has been placed on Jon physically being born at all being a mathematically impossibility. One would assume that creating a partial clone couldn't result in the exact same effect, right? Thus, I'm more interested alternative explanations for the energy construct he makes in issue 9. And since at least one of Jon's powers have been so linked to his emotions that it actually sent the kind into a "trance" that resulted in an "emotional super storm" and his flare up becoming a "separate entity" I feel like it's fair to explore the possibility that it's linked to the already established DC concept that's literally called the "emotional electromagnetic spectrum." A concept that's no more exclusive to GL than the sun is to Superman (see Starfire).

Quote Originally Posted by MeGrimlock420 View Post
    I don't know where that's going to leave Lor-Zod(Chris Kent).
    Im guessing they'll just forget about pushing the rivalry/parallel. Lor-Zod could easily be kept at ten years old as a reminder to Clark of the time he lost with Jon, which would have some solid narrative options. And Jon can find his own Zod-style villain elsewhere.

Never really did like the idea of Lor and Jon being enemies and filling out the same kind of dynamic as their fathers. I mean, its got that whole "Game of Thrones" vibe and I really do like that political spice to the Zod-El dynamic, but the children of rival Houses going to war because of their parents.....that's painfully overdone.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Im guessing they'll just forget about pushing the rivalry/parallel. Lor-Zod could easily be kept at ten years old as a reminder to Clark of the time he lost with Jon, which would have some solid narrative options. And Jon can find his own Zod-style villain elsewhere.

Never really did like the idea of Lor and Jon being enemies and filling out the same kind of dynamic as their fathers. I mean, its got that whole "Game of Thrones" vibe and I really do like that political spice to the Zod-El dynamic, but the children of rival Houses going to war because of their parents.....that's painfully overdone.
    It would've been cool to see both Lor-Zod and Jon to be friends and their fathers work out their differences. I would like to see Zod as an anti-hero/hero and with Superman. I'm tired of seeing Zod as the enemy all the time.

As I was typing, an idea came to me. Zod can become hero/anti-hero. Adopts Kent name as alter ego and Lor-Zod becomes Chris Kent.

Well, it does appear that Bendis is going for a more complex relationship than just "hero v villain." Though I dont see Zod becoming a hero, and will likely have too complex and violent a dynamic with Clark to fall under "anti-hero" status.

I suspect the best we can hope for is a Lannister level of villain; complex and not *totally* irredeemable, but still monstrous.

~ Black Panther.