Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Batman #69 Preview/Discussion

Bane is a masochist.. You should look his training session with Thomas Wayne(I am sure that is him)

https://www.comicsbeat.com/exclusive...-in-batman-69/

Did not need to know Bane works out in nude...

Also Thomas Wayne saying "Bane, my friend" makes me sick to my stomach... IF that is him...

Incredible Member

Why, since King started writing him, does Bane seem to do everything in the nude? Why is Thomas Wayne there, helping torture his son who he wanted to have a better life? Why does this issue not have any actual resolution to the entire bullshit arc? This was annoyingly bad. The art was very nice though. I did enjoy the art. The story though, was just a continuation of the King nonsense.

Astonishing Member

This issue was weird. What is Thomas's endgame here? He's helping Bane ruin his son's life!!! Does Thomas think that Bruce is an ineffective hero and wants him out of the picture so he can 'help' Gotham?

Are we even sure that this person who looks like Thomas Wayne is actually him? This whole scheme feels like it goes against everything we know about him. Assuming IT IS him, how did he wind up in this reality?

The less said about that nude wrestling/ sparring session between Bane and Thomas Wayne, the better. It feels like some surreal attempt at humor.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    This issue was weird. What is Thomas's endgame here? He's helping Bane ruin his son's life!!! Does Thomas think that Bruce is an ineffective hero and wants him out of the picture so he can 'help' Gotham?
    I think it's "first, I asked you nicely. Now papa spank."

Another stellar issue with a crushing finale.

Quote Originally Posted by Talon1load View Post
    Why, since King started writing him, does Bane seem to do everything in the nude?
    Can't let Hugo Strange have all the fun.

More seriously: I think it has something to do with Bane kicking his Venom habit, and symbolizes that he's doing everything under his own power. Maybe? It's a decent symbol, but really, really stupid for him to actually do.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post

More seriously: I think it has something to do with Bane kicking his Venom habit, and symbolizes that he's doing everything under his own power. Maybe? It's a decent symbol, but really, really stupid for him to actually do.
    Yeah, fighting in the nude is just a bad idea. If you’re right about the symbolism, then that might work when he’s sitting on his transportable throne of skulls that make no sense but still not smart for fighting, especially when fighting someone like Thomas Wayne. He’s lucky he did get his balls ripped off. Lol. Either way, his entire take on Bane gets on my nerves.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Talon1load View Post
    Yeah, fighting in the nude is just a bad idea. If you’re right about the symbolism, then that might work when he’s sitting on his transportable throne of skulls that make no sense but still not smart for fighting, especially when fighting someone like Thomas Wayne. He’s lucky he did get his balls ripped off. Lol. Either way, his entire take on Bane gets on my nerves.
    Oddly, I like the creepy, homoerotic obsessed with Batman Bane. Snyder established that the Joker is actually Bruce's OTP complete with their commingled blood former a heart, and back in the Dixon days Bane's obsession with Bruce extended to sleeping with one of his on again off again girlfriends (and I use that term loosely as Talia did verbally and physically say no before submitting to sex, and in Legacy acted like a rape victim), thought Thomas Wayne was his dad and attempted to be Bruce's brother, so his offering to let Bruce live him in Santa Prisca so Bane could make him happy, arranging for him to start dating Catwoman after their relationship crash and burn in Eternal to rival the Talia crash and burn of Incorporated, and sticking him in a lotus eating machine so he can play with Daddy seems oddly in character. If, of course, we ignore all the work Simone did to redeem him, as we should.

It's not that Bruce or Batman is gay, not at all, or his villains. He's just a bros before hoes sort of guy, which is why Selina's history as a sex worker has firmly been reestablished. Bane gets that, and just wants to collect Batmen to pay attention to him and be his happy, nudist family. With no womenz because womenz are crazy. Just ask Flashpoint Thomas about what happened to Martha.

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post

It is funny how people seem disturbed by Bane being nude. Ancient Greeks wrestled in the nude, thats also how the original Olympics were played. They saw sport as a celebration of the human body just as much as a competition. Modern society is just way too concerned about nudity.

Anyway, a little disappointed in this issue. Felt like trodden ground at this point, I was looking forward to at least seeing Batman escape from the machine.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    It is funny how people seem disturbed by Bane being nude. Ancient Greeks wrestled in the nude, thats also how the original Olympics were played. They saw sport as a celebration of the human body just as much as a competition. Modern society is just way too concerned about nudity.

Anyway, a little disappointed in this issue. Felt like trodden ground at this point, I was looking forward to at least seeing Batman escape from the machine.
    I think people just grew to realize how vulnerable they made themselves when fighting nude. It really doesn't make sense to wrestle that way unless you're looking to get your dangly bits damaged.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

The escape should be next issue.

Not disturbed, just baffled at why this supposedly smart guy is doing something so all-fired stupid.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Well, Bane is neither ancient nor Greek. Nor is he participating in the Olympics. What he is doing, is raging out, punching Thomas (seriously giving Bruce and Clark for worst father of the year), and growling worst than DBZ Broly ever did. Only without the ability to annihilate a planet with a flick of the wrist.