Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish DC! It's time to leave the DCU... forever!

To quote the famous Douglas Adams... "So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish!" and after reading DC Comics for a VERY long time, the latest solicitations for Justice League Dark #13 has annoyed the hell out of me...

While I've enjoyed Tynion's run of Justice League Dark, he's resorted to using the Helmet of Nabu as a magical game of musical chairs again as the JLD need to search for a new host. So while Geoff Johns brought back Kent Nelson in 2016, his return has not even lasted 3-years as the original is being shelved again.

Kent Nelson RIP
    Inza Nelson RIP
    Eric Strauss RIP
    Linda Strauss RIP
    Jared Stevens RIP
    Hector Hall RIP
    Khalid Ben-Hassin RIP
    Khalid Nassour RIP

So while i love the DCU dearly, it was the original Doctor Fate that brought me into this universe and hell, not even the Justice Society of America exist anymore. I guess the direction of DC don't align with mine and rather than stay in this bad 'fan' relationship, it's time to go and this image sums up my feelings perfectly!

Thanks for reading guys and hopefully you can keep the DCU flame burning and more importantly keep those brick and mortar stores alive

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish DC! ... I'll miss this great universe and that blonde haired Swedish-American archaeologist and MD, Kent Nelson who stood between Earth and the forces of magical darkness for a long time!

P.S. The new Warner Bros film Captain Marvel... err.. SHAZAM! was fun!

Amazing Member

Elaborate fellow JSA fan. Tell me why you feel so downtrodden?

Quote Originally Posted by Spectacus View Post
    Elaborate fellow JSA fan. Tell me why you feel so downtrodden?
    No Kent Nelson as Doctor Fate and No JSA = No more money to DCU

Last edited by Doctor Kent Nelson; 04-16-2019 at 06:38 AM.

I mean, I can't blame you. Hopefully the JSA (including Kent Nelson as Fate) will be back soon and prove us all wrong.

I totally understand.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Extraordinary Member

DC is so frustrating right now. I read the solicitations and am constantly disappointed. I completely understand where you're coming from.

DC is definitely trying to target only their younger readers and they could care less if long-time fans buy their products or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Eto View Post
    I mean, I can't blame you. Hopefully the JSA (including Kent Nelson as Fate) will be back soon and prove us all wrong.
    Maybe but I'm sick of picking up the bread crumb trail that DC leave, only to be disappointed time and time again... quite a disturbing theme I'm picking up here.

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    DC is so frustrating right now. I read the solicitations and am constantly disappointed. I completely understand where you're coming from.

DC is definitely trying to target only their younger readers and they could care less if long-time fans buy their products or not.
    Very true and I guess not giving them money is my small stance of not rewarding them for something that I don't want to read. Good luck with those younger readers DC

I can understand the frustration, but instead of quitting DC because of a meaningless solicitation, why not just wait until the actual issue comes out first?
    (You don't even have to buy / read it. You can always wait and see what people say actually happens in the issue, since solicitation blurbs can be misleading / incorrect / written by clueless morons.)

well mate I understand your feelings, similar to mine with my favorite character, Aquaman, what Geoff Jones made awesome has been reduced to frustrating issues. Dc has a way in losing fans and readers, I am staying for the time being to see how it turns out, but not buying their stuff.
    You can always spread the word to other JSA fans not to buy, hit them where it hurts.

Honestly I agree, Based off the Recent Handling of Wally I’m barely sticking around DC now and my avatar can attest to that, I’m only pulling the JL Books out of the faith I have in Scott Snyder and Action Comics/Leviathan for a Question fix, The Lowest my pull list has been in ever
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Astonishing Member

I think Geoff had a lot 9f good ideas for Rebirth. Like bringing back the heart of the characters, not just the names.

I wonder why DC didn't follow through. Was it not sustainable?

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    I think Geoff had a lot 9f good ideas for Rebirth. Like bringing back the heart of the characters, not just the names.

the problem in DC has a name didio

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post

I really think someone was waiting for an opportunity to wrestle back control and steer it back where they wanted to go.
    Rebirth is over. And the effects of Doomsday Clock will quite possibly be downplayed.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    I really think someone was waiting for an opportunity to wrestle back control and steer it back where they wanted to go.
    Rebirth is over. And the effects of Doomsday Clock will quite possibly be downplayed.
    That's what I was wondering. Rebirth seemed it had a promising destination, both for old ane new fans. Even if Geoff wasn't at the helm, it relly looked promising.

I'm not sure where DC wants to go right now.

Oh, and about the OP. I too am not a fan of the helmet playing musical chairs.