Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    That's what I was wondering. Rebirth seemed it had a promising destination, both for old ane new fans. Even if Geoff wasn't at the helm, it relly looked promising.

I'm not sure where DC wants to go right now.

Oh, and about the OP. I too am not a fan of the helmet playing musical chairs.
    I don't know either. And its gotten to the point where I don't want to follow most of the series. The exceptions being Red Hood, Teen Titans, and until it ends, the Adventures of the Super Sons mini. Whereas when Rebirth started, I was, if nothing else, following what happened in all the series.

Incredible Member Krypto's Fleas's Avatar

I think Geoff had a lot 9f good ideas for Rebirth. Like bringing back the heart of the characters, not just the names.

I wonder why DC didn't follow through. Was it not sustainable?
    Johns was the only thing keeping Didio from running amok. Johns was then given a big role on the movie side, and that backfired on him. In turn, he lost a lot of power in DC as a whole. Didio has capitalized on that and we're seeing the effects.

Can any of you fine folks give me some suggested readings for Doctor Fate? I've always been intrigued by the look of the character, but know very little about him.

Apologies for going off-topic, but you fine folks seem to be very passionate and knowledgeable about the character. Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisG View Post
    well mate I understand your feelings, similar to mine with my favorite character, Aquaman, what Geoff Jones made awesome has been reduced to frustrating issues. Dc has a way in losing fans and readers, I am staying for the time being to see how it turns out, but not buying their stuff.
    You can always spread the word to other JSA fans not to buy, hit them where it hurts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    Honestly I agree, Based off the Recent Handling of Wally I’m barely sticking around DC now and my avatar can attest to that, I’m only pulling the JL Books out of the faith I have in Scott Snyder and Action Comics/Leviathan for a Question fix, The Lowest my pull list has been in ever
    Same here. The only book this JSA fan is pulling and reading is Shazam! Because he's one of my favorite characters and Johns is doing a great job on the series. I have no foreseeable interests where DC is headed.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Same here. The only book this JSA fan is pulling and reading is Shazam! Because he's one of my favorite characters and Johns is doing a great job on the series. I have no foreseeable interests where DC is headed.
    Agreed, When its me I’m only with Bendis as far as he has Vic Sage and does a Good Job with Him, Scott Snyder is the only writer I’m going “This is Fun and Comicbooky”, Bendis is just a Means to an End for me, he handles Sage well and I’ll stick around
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Incredible Member Krypto's Fleas's Avatar

The current state of DC is why I could never understand all the hate for Geoff Johns. The dude was one the only power brokers left who cared about the legacy of these characters. If it was up to him, I doubt we would have ever had a New 52.

Quote Originally Posted by Krypto's Fleas View Post
    The current state of DC is why I could never understand all the hate for Geoff Johns. The dude was one the only power brokers left who cared about the legacy of these characters. If it was up to him, I doubt we would have ever had a New 52.
    DC needs a complete overhaul and new blood, the likes of didio should be out, they had their time. Ultimately its up to us fans, we keep supporting them by buying their stuff. When In our hearts we know that they aren't delivering.
    I am done with subscriptions and will decide on the moment if I will buy something I may find interesting.
    However its useless to complain and take no action. We can do our small part and spread the word.

I think Geoff had a lot 9f good ideas for Rebirth. Like bringing back the heart of the characters, not just the names.

I wonder why DC didn't follow through. Was it not sustainable?
    I was SO excited at the beginning of Rebirth. All the characters became recognizable and had heart again. The JSA and Legion were seemingly on the horizon.
    And now 2 (?) years later, it's all kind of evaporated and we've gotten nowhere. Wally is all but gone, my favorite Titans are nowhere to be seen, Nightwing is a travesty, and still no JSA or Legion. The only things I'm honestly enjoying are Shazam, Teen Titans, Young Justice and Super Sons. (And to a lesser degree Hawkman and Superman).

I'm not ready to pull the plug on DC entirely, but my pull list has fallen by half, and looking to fall further when I move in 3 months...great time to cut loose the books I'm buying out of habit like Batgirl, JL Odyssey, Detective, Aquaman, Flash.

Quote Originally Posted by astro@work View Post
    . . . And now 2 (?) years later, . . .
    Actually, as of May 25th, it will be 3 (three) years since the DC Universe: Rebirth one-shot was released.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Actually, as of May 25th, it will be 3 (three) years since the DC Universe: Rebirth one-shot was released.
    Thanks, I knew it had been quite a while. I know I've been collecting the Doomsday Clock quarterly since late 2017, which is where I was taking my math from.

How to keep disenchanted readers buying comics without having to change anything.

Just throw a few every now and then. They won't go too far.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Yeah, it pains me to say it but all the optimism I had has dissipated. 3 years, wow.

Totally get how you feel... When I originally got into DC Comics in the mid 70’s, it was Green Lantern and Flash that we’re my two favourite comics... and I totally lost love with it all after COIE’s.
    I’ve been back and gone again a few times since and it wasn’t until Hal’s rebirth that I seriously got back into it... Hated the way 52 took things, but Rebirth promised a lot and it started brilliantly... but It’s all gone a bit sour.
    I love Batman, always will, but it quantity not quality regarding him.
    I was soooo looking forward to the return of the JSA and LSH, but it’s turned into a lie... it seems there’s never been a plan in place for their return, if there had been, they’d have been back by now (3 effing years!)
    And don’t even start me about Doomsday Clock, I don’t care how good it’ll be when read in a collected book, the delays have killed any hype for it...
    So I totally understand you saying no more... but it’s hard to walk away for good, trust me lol

Fantastic Member

Can't blame anyone for walking away. I've got almost two months' worth of books I picked up from my shop because they ordered them for me, but I haven't read them. I just don't care anymore. More than that, I recognize that I let myself be cheated by thinking DC was actually trying to change directions, not just looking for a "keep Dan and Jim employed" stopgap.

DC has taken everything positive from Rebirth and thrown it away. They learned nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I can understand the frustration, but instead of quitting DC because of a meaningless solicitation, why not just wait until the actual issue comes out first?
    (You don't even have to buy / read it. You can always wait and see what people say actually happens in the issue, since solicitation blurbs can be misleading / incorrect / written by clueless morons.)
    Unfortunately I've been waiting around for a long time and with what's happening in JLD, Kent won't be wearing the helm again... if ever! And kudos to DC for being the best click and bait comic company in the world... Batman Catwoman wedding anyone? Rebirth and Doomsday Clock promised some big things and as a few others have said, the power dynamics of DC have changed... DC should not be rewarded with fan loyalty anymore, particularly with misleading marketing that pulls at the strings of nostalgia.

I can't support a company who misleads and fans and destroys fan favourites like Wally West... or the JSA (Earth 2?) and while I love these characters I'm not buying to see a tokenistic appearance... although those Gary Frank panels are awesome.