Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish DC! It's time to leave the DCU... forever!

To quote the famous Douglas Adams... "So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish!" and after reading DC Comics for a VERY long time, the latest solicitations for Justice League Dark #13 has annoyed the hell out of me...

While I've enjoyed Tynion's run of Justice League Dark, he's resorted to using the Helmet of Nabu as a magical game of musical chairs again as the JLD need to search for a new host. So while Geoff Johns brought back Kent Nelson in 2016, his return has not even lasted 3-years as the original is being shelved again.

Kent Nelson RIP
    Inza Nelson RIP
    Eric Strauss RIP
    Linda Strauss RIP
    Jared Stevens RIP
    Hector Hall RIP
    Khalid Ben-Hassin RIP
    Khalid Nassour RIP

So while i love the DCU dearly, it was the original Doctor Fate that brought me into this universe and hell, not even the Justice Society of America exist anymore. I guess the direction of DC don't align with mine and rather than stay in this bad 'fan' relationship, it's time to go and this image sums up my feelings perfectly!

Thanks for reading guys and hopefully you can keep the DCU flame burning and more importantly keep those brick and mortar stores alive

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish DC! ... I'll miss this great universe and that blonde haired Swedish-American archaeologist and MD, Kent Nelson who stood between Earth and the forces of magical darkness for a long time!

P.S. The new Warner Bros film Captain Marvel... err.. SHAZAM! was fun!

Amazing Member

Elaborate fellow JSA fan. Tell me why you feel so downtrodden?

Quote Originally Posted by Spectacus View Post
    Elaborate fellow JSA fan. Tell me why you feel so downtrodden?
    No Kent Nelson as Doctor Fate and No JSA = No more money to DCU

Last edited by Doctor Kent Nelson; 04-16-2019 at 06:38 AM.

I mean, I can't blame you. Hopefully the JSA (including Kent Nelson as Fate) will be back soon and prove us all wrong.

I totally understand.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Extraordinary Member

DC is so frustrating right now. I read the solicitations and am constantly disappointed. I completely understand where you're coming from.

DC is definitely trying to target only their younger readers and they could care less if long-time fans buy their products or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Eto View Post
    I mean, I can't blame you. Hopefully the JSA (including Kent Nelson as Fate) will be back soon and prove us all wrong.
    Maybe but I'm sick of picking up the bread crumb trail that DC leave, only to be disappointed time and time again... quite a disturbing theme I'm picking up here.