Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

...and even really great writers couldn't make the concept of JLD work so I'm not reading it under Tynion at all because I know the quality of his writing from previous books, complete crap

Fantastic Member

I wouldn't worry to much everyone. If Didio decides to keep steering in the direction he has chosen, sales will slump again, and we will end in a situation where he'll have to be bailed out, with a initiative similar to 'Rebirth.' I can't understand why, when DC was on a high roll, plenty of momentum, Didio made this editorial decisions that have apparently stalled then diminished the 'Rebirth' initiative. I liked 'The New Age of Heroes' phase, that felt like world building on solid foundations, but he seems to want to take those foundations away. Grayson is once again, morphed into something else? Beloved Wally is gone? Decimated the Super-family? I wonder how on board he was with the 'Rebirth' initiative. Did it rankles with him? Humble pie? He did say if I remember correctly "lessons learnt." It wasn't't like the 'New 52' was totally dismissed, we still have the successes from it.
    Last edited by Franny6422; 04-17-2019 at 01:33 AM.

Fantastic Member

Mind you, Dr. Nelson, Isn't there anything you still like? It ain't totally bad. Admittedly I agree 'wrong path' overall' and some questionable editorial & creative decisions, but hopefully like I said when it and it does nosedive again, another u-turn. Hopefully Didio will see the merit in giving us a fully fledged JSA run again and maybe overturning some unpopular creative decisions i.e Jonathan Kent.

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    If I'm honest, I'm buying Flash SOLELY out of habit.
    I can't remember the last storyline that held my interest.

DC continue to do their best to drive me away - and with the way they have treated all their legacy characters they will probably succeed.
    I broke that habit! Not even my love of The Flash and collecting the Flash could keep me supporting the despressing, uninteresting, drivel they were trying to sell. I'm happier for it and it's freed up my budget to purchase books that I actually enjoy. I need to check out more stuff from the smaller companies, but I will say I am loving a lot of what Marvel is putting out right now. With the exception of Shazam! My pull list is Marvel, which has never happened in my comic reading life.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Franny6422 View Post
    I wouldn't worry to much everyone. If Didio decides to keep steering in the direction he has chosen, sales will slump again, and we will end in a situation where he'll have to be bailed out, with a initiative similar to 'Rebirth.' I can't understand why, when DC was on a high roll, plenty of momentum, Didio made this editorial decisions that have apparently stalled then diminished the 'Rebirth' initiative. I liked 'The New Age of Heroes' phase, that felt like world building on solid foundations, but he seems to want to take those foundations away. Grayson is once again, morphed into something else? Beloved Wally is gone? Decimated the Super-family? I wonder how on board he was with the 'Rebirth' initiative. Did it rankles with him? Humble pie? He did say if I remember correctly "lessons learnt." It wasn't't like the 'New 52' was totally dismissed, we still have the successes from it.
    Maybe he has something to prove?

I mean if I wait long enough, maybe by some act of 'fate', the Public Domain laws can commence and Dark Horse deliver a traditional Dr Fate and Justice Society of America

Last edited by Doctor Kent Nelson; 04-17-2019 at 04:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Franny6422 View Post
    Mind you, Dr. Nelson, Isn't there anything you still like? It ain't totally bad. Admittedly I agree 'wrong path' overall' and some questionable editorial & creative decisions, but hopefully like I said when it and it does nosedive again, another u-turn. Hopefully Didio will see the merit in giving us a fully fledged JSA run again and maybe overturning some unpopular creative decisions i.e Jonathan Kent.
    Hey Franny... I'm actually struggling but comic book Wednesday's are just not the same anymore. However if I could pick one title, it would probably be Doomsday Clock but that's become a train wreck from all the delays. Makes me wonder if the powers that be are changing the original ideas of Geoff Johns.

BANNED

I don't blame you for walking away. Dan Didio and his cronies have been polluting the DC Comics scene for quite a while. Flash just feels depressing and even I wanted him to play a major role in Doomsday CLock. The fact that the fathers of Superman and Batman are around, but we don't know how Dr. Manhattan got them is fusterating.

I know good things come to those who wait, but I've been hoping and waiting for Doomsday Clock's affect to play a major role in the overall DCU, but thanks to Delays and the works of Tom King's Batman, Brian Bendis Superman titles, Scott Snyder's JLA and even Joshua WIlliamson's Flash...it just feels like the event will not even make an impact regardless of what was told beforehand.

I mean the fact that DC had the gull to announce that they would bring back the JSA and the Legion regardless or not the events of Doomsday Clock was over felt like a slap in the fact for Geoff Johns readers and to the fans that waited patiently for his stories to be finished.

So Yeah...I don't blame you for leaving the DC landscape as its both depressing and even just plain confusing at times thanks to the "Spy" event that Bendis is planning.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Before anyone starts packing their bags, there is some hope:

James Tynion IV

Verified account

@JamesTheFourth

11h11 hours ago
    More
    Replying to @vince_gattuso @DCComics
    Keep Reading. Kent Nelson is an integral part of the mythology we're building, and as a character I've only begun digging into everything I love about him. I'm just getting started with the Doctor Fate mythos.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Before anyone starts packing their bags, there is some hope:

James Tynion IV

Verified account

@JamesTheFourth

11h11 hours ago
    More
    Replying to @vince_gattuso @DCComics
    Keep Reading. Kent Nelson is an integral part of the mythology we're building, and as a character I've only begun digging into everything I love about him. I'm just getting started with the Doctor Fate mythos.
    Thanks but it feels like breadcrumbs my friend, breadcrumbs.

1. Kent Nelson will be a mentor or

2. Kent Nelson will replace Nabu

Not particularly interested in spending $39.99USD for another year of nothing substantial.

But hey... would love to be wrong and see the son of Sven Nelson flying around in the Gold and Blue
    Last edited by Doctor Kent Nelson; 04-17-2019 at 06:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    I don't blame you for walking away. Dan Didio and his cronies have been polluting the DC Comics scene for quite a while. Flash just feels depressing and even I wanted him to play a major role in Doomsday CLock. The fact that the fathers of Superman and Batman are around, but we don't know how Dr. Manhattan got them is fusterating.

I know good things come to those who wait, but I've been hoping and waiting for Doomsday Clock's affect to play a major role in the overall DCU, but thanks to Delays and the works of Tom King's Batman, Brian Bendis Superman titles, Scott Snyder's JLA and even Joshua WIlliamson's Flash...it just feels like the event will not even make an impact regardless of what was told beforehand.

I mean the fact that DC had the gull to announce that they would bring back the JSA and the Legion regardless or not the events of Doomsday Clock was over felt like a slap in the fact for Geoff Johns readers and to the fans that waited patiently for his stories to be finished.

So Yeah...I don't blame you for leaving the DC landscape as its both depressing and even just plain confusing at times thanks to the "Spy" event that Bendis is planning.
    But how long do you wait, especially after being 'stringed' along for so long... man I feel like a victim from Catfishing!

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Nothing wrong with taking a break from comics if they aren't providing you joy. Find something else to entertain you and we'll be here whenever you want to come back.
    If people ever want to come back . . .

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I think it would be interesting if this time Nabu was the one to get 86d and Kent was the power source inside the helmet.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I feel a lot the same. Nightwing, Wonder Woman and Donna Troy (with Superman in fourth) are my top all time heroes. Nightwing is a dumpster fire of flaming animal poo, Donna Troy is a trainwreck or epic proportions even more so than usual. Wonder Woman, while not a trainwreck or dumpster fire is more than lackluster in her own title now going on several years. I am liking Superman's line of things though (and appear to be in the minority.) I have for almost all my comics reading career been more DC oriented than Marvel with the exception of New52 and now...over 40 years of DC Comics and following these four characters who aren't even a shadow of themselves. The sad part is NO ONE at DC or WB seems to have any ounce of concern. Letters get no response, websites get no response. All we get are sarcastic and snarky remarks from the man seemingly behind all this garbage, Mr. Didio himself. Never have I seen a company allow an associate be so belittling and dismissive of their costumer base as WB/DC allows him to be. It shows a true lack of respect for the people spending money on their products.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Kent Nelson View Post
    But how long do you wait, especially after being 'stringed' along for so long... man I feel like a victim from Catfishing!
    same feeling I have with Aquaman, one thing is being kept hooked to a story, I understand they cannot reveal all their intentions in one or two issues, another is taking you for a ride eternally. Besides If I have been a loyal fan all these years and followed you blindly, you cannot instantly change all that you made me like because the whims and moods of a writer. You can't ask a fan to have patience when it takes an eternity for some writer to do his thing at the cost of disregarding all that made the comic history.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    I broke that habit! Not even my love of The Flash and collecting the Flash could keep me supporting the despressing, uninteresting, drivel they were trying to sell. I'm happier for it and it's freed up my budget to purchase books that I actually enjoy. I need to check out more stuff from the smaller companies, but I will say I am loving a lot of what Marvel is putting out right now. With the exception of Shazam! My pull list is Marvel, which has never happened in my comic reading life.
    Mate, you're a stronger man than me! I am SLOWLY working my way up to it. In the cold light of day, it's ridiculous I'm spending money on a book I'm not passionate about.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.