Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Which wiki is that? Strange wasn't in the OG Secret Wars. Doom and Strange teamed-up in Time Runs Out which was the prelude to Secret Wars (2015).
    I really don't know. The Wiki said Beyonoders with an "s"
    I've edited out the Beyonder stuff from this discussion. My intent was primarily meant to be about suggestions for the X-Men tie-ins to Hickman's SW and I...lost my focus. But it's more clear now, hopefully.
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote

BANNED

Years of Future Incest was a real hatecrime.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Well Inferno was good if you're a fan of Illyana. And then there's Old Man Logan. I vaguely remember E for Extinction having weird art cuz they were trying to invoke Quitley.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Years of Future Incest was a real hatecrime.
    WTF?
    Last edited by Triniking1234; 04-16-2019 at 11:35 AM.
    "Cable was right!"

The lead up to Secret Wars wasn't bad. Magneto had a couple last good issues where our lord and savior took it upon himself to try to save the world from the Incursions.

I was really disappointed that X-Men '92 had almost no interaction with any of the greater Battleworld. All we had was that Robert Kelly directly reported to God Emperor Doom, but that's it. The Fox TAS X-Men didn't have to play a major role in the main storyline, but I *really* wanted to see how they would fare against other, far more dangerous iterations of the greater Marvel universe that they never otherwise would have interacted with on the show, like Marvel Zombies or the Inheritors.

Y'know, like an actual crossover.

(the main Secret Wars event was cool, though, with some small bones for the X-books, like Apocalypse and Sinister being part of Doom's council and applying the Worf Effect to the Phoenix.

BANNED

Well Inferno was good if you're a fan of Illyana. And then there's Old Man Logan. I vaguely remember E for Extinction having weird art cuz they were trying to invoke Quitley.

WTF?
    Kitty and Colossus' kids had a crush on one another and iirc kissed once. That wasn't even the only offensive part of that book (which was loved by non-readers on social media because there's a full page splash of Colossus explaining the concept of tolerance to his daughter that was basically made to be shared on the internet without the need for context).

Kitty and Colossus' kids had a crush on one another and iirc kissed once. That wasn't even the only offensive part of that book (which was loved by non-readers on social media because there's a full page splash of Colossus explaining the concept of tolerance to his daughter that was basically made to be shared on the internet without the need for context).
    You are so dang right. I hated that mini so much. Such a let down.
    My debut novel Awakening - Book One of The Children of the Solstice Series: http://amzn.to/2xAbyid

"If you like sci-fi and the "everyday" superhero, this book is for you."

The second book Collision is out now: https://amzn.to/2FzkH1W

"The Children of the Solstice are Back!"

Total Geek Live is group effort by 4 Geeks giving you all the latest in geek news: https://bit.ly/2YoYrir

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Bruh what?

Was it written by Mark Millar?
    "Cable was right!"

BANNED

Bruh what?

Was it written by Mark Millar?
    Marguerite Bennett.

The book also had one of comics' most well known Jewish characters name her daughter after the messiah Jesus Christ, which is clueless decision out of universe and makes no sense in-universe (since there is no religion except Doom).
    Last edited by Maestroneto; 04-16-2019 at 11:52 AM.

Marguerite Bennett.

The book also had one of comics' most well known Jewish characters name her daughter after the messiah Jesus Christ, which is clueless decision out of universe and makes no sense in-universe (since there is no religion except Doom).
    And sometime later the Xmen Gold problems happen...funny how things repeat.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

I only remember the one about Inferno that was a long "Colossus does everything wrong".

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I only remember the one about Inferno that was a long "Colossus does everything wrong".
    I sincerely had a blast reading that one; it got to explore the downside of Piotr's tendency to fixate without actually doing damage to the character. Best thing Hopeless ever wrote for the X-Books. And then he had to run the Goblin Queen bit into the ground. This is why we can't have nice things.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    I sincerely had a blast reading that one; it got to explore the downside of Piotr's tendency to fixate without actually doing damage to the character. Best thing Hopeless ever wrote for the X-Books. And then he had to run the Goblin Queen bit into the ground. This is why we can't have nice things.
    But Gillen had already done that, except better.

So true. And hands down my favorite Illyana line EVER! "There are no snowflakes in Hell."
    My debut novel Awakening - Book One of The Children of the Solstice Series: http://amzn.to/2xAbyid

"If you like sci-fi and the "everyday" superhero, this book is for you."

The second book Collision is out now: https://amzn.to/2FzkH1W

"The Children of the Solstice are Back!"

Total Geek Live is group effort by 4 Geeks giving you all the latest in geek news: https://bit.ly/2YoYrir

Very much so. But it lasted for about two writers post-Gillen before the reset mallet came back into play. That's part of what I mean when I refer to "damaging" the character. Meta-wise, we know it happens because some writers just can't be bothered to keep up with (or else actively undermine) forward character development. But as part of Colossus' ongoing narrative... it's just not a good look. Same business with his and Kitty's decades-old cycle of getting over each other, then deciding no, really, they're the love of each others lives. At least the What-If/AU business of the SW tie-ins just let it be its own contained disaster.
    Last edited by Anduinel; 04-16-2019 at 12:47 PM.

seemed like a waste of time. This helped drive me off the books