Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I think I get why I sincerely totally forget 2015, NOW. I left X-Books by coincidence just prior to this for what appears to be mostly just this.

Having glanced back at it, I really hoped that with so much creative talent and this idea of an event composed of fractured events that the books would be interesting in a good way.

Seems like my idea of the thing...might be best as an idea of what it could've been...but isn't.

Thanks everybody.
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote

It was ridiculous how 2 books just randomly used Phoenix Jean as a deus ex machina on the final issue without barely even having her around on all the other issues LOL.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Only read Inferno, E Is for Extinction and X-Men '92. Inferno was good although the "My OTP got everyone killed please pretty please give a crap about them!" premise was hilariously bad. E Is for Extinction was good until that WTF-LOL-they're-actually-serious ending. X-Men '92 was alright.

I do remember actually laughing out loud at those godawful Years of Future Past solicitations. Mother! Warrior! Raaaarr!

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    It was ridiculous how 2 books just randomly used Phoenix Jean as a deus ex machina on the final issue without barely even having her around on all the other issues LOL.
    If we remove the Phoenix from the writers, they would not know how to solve half of their plots.

Quote Originally Posted by sungila View Post
    I think I've misplaced my 2015.

Did you read Secret Wars and any of the X-Men related the Tie-Ins?

I would like to borrow your suggestions.

It's a sprawling event and I'm not too concerned about reading it in entirety. Absolute continuity doesn't seem to necessarily apply to what might be best about the big huge thing. I need guides to the good stuff.

Do you have a preferred reading order or personal favorites from the minis?
    I read Secret Wars: House of M.

I also bought and somewhat looked through single issues of M.O.D.O.K. Assassin, Inferno, Star-Lord and Kitty Pryde, and two issues of X-Men '92. They had Polaris cameos and I was stupid enough to think it was a sign Marvel planned to use her more going forward, rather than the reality of Marvel setting up for throwing her into limbo for 2 years. I learned my lesson from that mistake.

SW:HoM is the only one I suggest. Though with a big disclaimer that it treats Pietro poorly and has a couple bad spots for Magneto, and that Wanda could've had more of a role. It's one of few times Lorna got treated well though.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Seeing Billy and Tommy in the family was the best thing about SW HoM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I forgot about that 616 Star-Lord and AoA Shadowcat team-up book.

muh yikes.
    "Cable was right!"