Finix

Default Shazam and his family .

I am really new to the universe overall . I mean i have seen all the movies ( animations count ) , but i dont really read comics . So , here is my question : Is Shazam himself more powerful than his siblings? I mean he is the one giving them their power right ?

Only when the others aren't in Shazam mode. If all six are powered up, he has one sixth of his maximum power. Which is still plenty!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Only when the others aren't in Shazam mode. If all six are powered up, he has one sixth of his maximum power. Which is still plenty!
    Um, no. post-Nu52 Billy Batson doesn't have his powers diminished when the other kids are "empowered". Also, each of the kids, while having the same powers, have a power-set that is emphasized. Example: Eugene can speak to machines, Darla is essentially a "speedster", Pedro is the strongest of the kids, and Billy wields the lightning the most (not sure about Mary or Freddy emphasized power-set). But there is definitely no diminished powers when all the kids are empowered.

Extraordinary Member

What I was wondering after seeing the movie, shouldn't there be 7 Shazam family members?

There were apparently originally 7 Wizards, there were also 7 sins, and if each of the other Kids has a power that emphasises on one Billies powers, that should be 6 kids (therefore 7 with Billy) but there are only 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    What I was wondering after seeing the movie, shouldn't there be 7 Shazam family members?

There were apparently originally 7 Wizards, there were also 7 sins, and if each of the other Kids has a power that emphasises on one Billies powers, that should be 6 kids (therefore 7 with Billy) but there are only 5.
    There is also technically black adam if we're talking about those who have received the wizards power.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post

There were apparently originally 7 Wizards, there were also 7 sins, ....
    That is the current plot of the new ongoing.