Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: UXM 16 Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I actually thought Karma had the singular best showing of the issue.
    First time she got to speak for more than a few panels in like 5 issues

How many characters has Rosenberg killed this run already? Jeeze, dude, learn a new trick.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

If this is a horrible time for mutants then lots of dead mutants we know makes sense. I suppose I'm not concerned since I don't care for any of the ones he's offed.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

I don't particularly care of any of them either, it's just a cheap storytelling tactic.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    Every issue has a good idea, but most things happen off panel. Too much happens for no reason. Dead characters are just alive again. Moonstar is repowered (not that I’m complaining about that)? How? When? Is Dani using her Valkyrie powers or are these empathic powers? What happened with Wardrox from the end of last issue?
    So many loose ends from one issue to the next just to try and cram other stuff in. This is poor fanfic at its finest
    Preachin' to the choir, 'cause it sure seems like a hodgepodge done in haste.

Quote Originally Posted by comeatmebro View Post
    it's chill
    By the sounds of it, know it taint.

Every week Disassembled feels more & more like a harbinger. Thank God side books like Prisoner X, NeXtGen, and from what I understand, MMX & X-23, are at least providing some enjoyment and quality of life, for X-fans.

Incredible Member

Uncanny X-Men #16 - This is a big one and not everyone will make it out
    Uncanny X-Men #17 - One last funeral
    Uncanny X-Men #18 - The things we don't remember
    Uncanny X-Men #19 - An explanation of sorts
    Uncanny X-Men #20 - The best laid plans

Uncanny X-Men WOTR #1 - The X-Men join the war!
    Uncanny X-Men WOTR #2 - An old friend and an older foe...
    Uncanny X-Men WOTR #3 - The battle of flushing!

To me it looks like some of the threads will be tied together in 18 and 19. I think the breathless stuff is quite deliberate, I think it's meant to convey that there is chaos and things are moving too fast to control. I reckon he is handling this just about right and I can see most stuff being explained in those two issues and then falling apart again in 20. I'm fairly sure the pacing is quite deliberate, and I struggle to come to terms with the enormous negativity on here, I don't see it as bad at all. It must be that there's something wrong with me, but I am really enjoying it!

Spectacular Member

So Rosenberg resurrects a dead character just to make him evil and then kill him off again. Then kills another character off panel. Greaaaaaaat.

Quote Originally Posted by tornshattered View Post
    So Rosenberg resurrects a dead character just to make him evil and then kill him off again. Then kills another character off panel. Greaaaaaaat.
    maaaaaybe they ain't really dead?

Quote Originally Posted by tornshattered View Post
    Skottie Young brought Joseph back in his "Magneto: Not a Hero" series a few years back. He was implanted with some of Magneto's memories which caused him to kill humans etc... Wasn't a great story but Clay Mann's art was pretty. At the end of the series Joseph was captured and put in the X-Brig, so one can assume he's been hanging around for a while

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Good Lord, both the art & dialogue are lame AF!! Proportions are wack across the board. Decrepit Banshee is all kinds of bad. So is too thick & wide, short short-arms, underwear wearin' on the outside Cyclops. Not to mention Havok's corny pose, Magik's cornrows, Chamber lookin' like Legion, and Madrox & his bat, lol. And STFU, Nope, with your creepy, ridiculously LONG, gangly-ass arms. Just some... X-treme CHEESE, all the way.
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 04-18-2019 at 05:50 AM.

Pretty stunning how much of a poverty bum-ass loser squad this team comes across as compared to the rest of the MU instead of some fringe underdog team it's probably intended to be. As if doing meta-commentary on this franchise compared to the rest.

Sean is me at 3:00 AM when the olive cravings kick in.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Pretty stunning how much of a poverty bum-ass loser squad this team comes across as compared to the rest of the MU instead of some fringe underdog team it's probably intended to be. As if doing meta-commentary on this franchise compared to the rest.

Sean is me at 3:00 AM when the olive cravings kick in.
    It’s really editorial’s mistake. This book is furthest away from nostalgic superheroic antics, yet everything from the art choices (that guy who was a popular X-Men artist 15 years ago!) to the covers (that Image guy who drew Uncanny X-Men 30 years ago!) to the costumes (enough said about those) is telling something completely different than the actual story. And it doesn’t help that Larroca, Portacio and the costumes are all really bad and only being used for legacy purposes. I’m sure Liefeld’d be dropping in if he wasn’t working on his magnum opus.

Our patron saint XavierFiles said this book should’ve been drawn by Adam Gorham and it’s difficult to disagree with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    lol Kwannon is even more worthless clone trash than Joseph.
    Agreed.
    Bringing her back just make Psylocke a smaller character.

Did they really just kill Rahne off panel? Then again I've learned not to believe in character deaths until I see a body.

Kwannon's come back in UXM did not make ant sense at all. She is suddenly there, killing Joseph for no real reason, saying she is nobody (did not understand that part anyways) and than switch to the Mirage scene.

Also Hope is easily forgiven to kill that mutant hating woman and making Scott a lose an eye. That was totally out of character to start with and then nobody says anything about it and she joins the team? Rrrrrright.

I do have the feeling with that whole we are (almost) all leaders, that after House/Power of X, that each of these characters might get a team to lead.