Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: UXM 16 Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    This has to be the most ridiculous storyline ever. Seriously. None of this makes any sense. It’s like “this would be cool. No this would be cool. No, THIS would be cool” and they threw all of it together with no real thought behind it.
    I’ve been a champion of this series since Rosenberg took over but I agree, this issue was ridiculous.

Joseph acting like 1964 Magneto? Killing off Rahne? Hope on the team now after last issues events? Juggernauts heel turn and siding with Magneto? Kwannon appearing from nowhere and acting completely different from her MiM appearance?
    In one issue, it lost me.

At least this absolves Karma, Hope, and Cyclops of all the dumb, out-of-character **** they’ve either done or been accused of. but that’s assuming a lot of self-control from the x office

Spectacular Member Doctor_Foxey's Avatar

I’ve read way better fanfiction to be honest. People always use it as an insult but depending on the fandom I’ve read some extremely great works. Like there is this little gen story in which Wolverine is ww2 plane that kid Scott Summers finds. I’m mainly a fanartist but I write too but it’s not easy. A good number of fans put a lot of effort into these things for free. I think what people mean is that they don’t feel like the writing is good or tight. Not bothered or anything really but lol the fandom has some talented writers I hope to be even half as good as.

To me it feels rushed. Like they have a certain number of things they want to happen but they are rushing. It’s actually hard to that in a good novel. The medium kind of encourages getting into the characters minds etc. You have good fics and bad ones just like with fanart. Sometimes it depends on what ships and styles you prefer. The one consistent characteristic is that fan writers don’t have a official boss or board they have to go through to approve what they write. Writers do tend to be influenced by the fandom sometimes and want to write what will get approval generally. It means for better or worse fan writers are free to do whatever they pleases it just depends if they want the kudos or not.
    check out my art if you are interested

https://doctor-rainbowfoxey.tumblr.com/

Hey umm can we get a clear mission for the X Men? We went from more mutant cure bullshit, to Sentinels, to Dupes, to Dark Beast, and now Joseph?!

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Doubt it. I bet MM6*6 liked it.
    Another great issue from this marvelous Uncanny Run! So far Rosenberg hasn't disappointed, it was nice seeing Kwannon again, with the iconic costume no less! Rahne's off-panel death is really heartbreaking, and I'm looking forward to the resolution. The decision of creating a council is a good one for the future of the X-Men. I feel like we are in a good era, the future for the X-Men franchise is bright!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Wiccan trying to shorten my lifespan

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    Hey umm can we get a clear mission for the X Men? We went from more mutant cure bullshit, to Sentinels, to Dupes, to Dark Beast, and now Joseph?!
    Too bad. War of the Realms side quest for you.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Another great issue from this marvelous Uncanny Run! So far Rosenberg hasn't disappointed, it was nice seeing Kwannon again, with the iconic costume no less! Rahne's off-panel death is really heartbreaking, and I'm looking forward to the resolution. The decision of creating a council is a good one for the future of the X-Men. I feel like we are in a good era, the future for the X-Men franchise is bright!
    -But Utopia already had a council
    -Now it's different
    -Why?
    -It is different.

Wait. Hold the freaking phone. What the heck just happened in this issue? Or rather, between the panels in this issue? Because there is just so much oddness that I don't understand. There is zero logic as to some of these actions and they are made off panel which is particularly insulting. I've been mostly enjoying Rosenberg so far, but this issue really lost me big.
    My debut novel Awakening - Book One of The Children of the Solstice Series: http://amzn.to/2xAbyid

"If you like sci-fi and the "everyday" superhero, this book is for you."

The second book Collision is out now: https://amzn.to/2FzkH1W

"The Children of the Solstice are Back!"

Total Geek Live is group effort by 4 Geeks giving you all the latest in geek news: https://bit.ly/2YoYrir

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

I really don't understand why Hope was allowed on this team.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

For the love of... Did Rahne seriously off herself off-panel? Did the Hope/Banshee murderer-terrorist plotline get resolved off-panel, lol? And holy crap what the hell is wrong with Hope and Banshee's arms those seriously can't be real can't unsee gaaaah!!!

I've been enjoying the run so far in a "a-holes trying to do some good but not knowing where to start" kind of way and YES, Havok being all upset over not being put in charge was totally awesome, but there's just way too much stuff happening off-panel or being arbitrarily put on hold, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    -But Utopia already had a council
    -Now it's different
    -Why?
    -It is different.
    Did you not get what I was doing with that comment, or...? lol.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Didn't Jamie survive Nate's rapture? He couldn't tell them this was a faker Magneto.
    Also:
    I can't recall Joseph surviving "Not A Hero" according to other readers here.
    Pyro came back during Necrosha. I have no idea who this Avalanche is.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    I really don't understand why Hope was allowed on this team.
    I do not understand why Hope would want to be on the team after what we saw her do. Why is she against Stephan, who does practically the same thing? She has repented off panel?

This is a mess.

Did you not get what I was doing with that comment, or...? lol.
    I just wanted to follow the joke.

For the love of God just end it.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Too soon, lol.