Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: UXM 16 Spoilers

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by raidensix View Post
    A few observations:
    [...]
    - Pyro looks like original Aussie Pyro. How/when did he come back from the dead?
    Actually, this isn't the first time he's shown up recently - he reappeared in Weapon X, for no significant purpose, as if he'd never been dead. He was even real-name-captioned for clarity.

Quote Originally Posted by raidensix View Post
    - Why does Banshee look so emaciated?
    He's kinda-sorta undead. Long story, going back to Remender's Uncanny Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by SanityOrMadness View Post
    Actually, this isn't the first time he's shown up recently - he reappeared in Weapon X, for no significant purpose, as if he'd never been dead. He was even real-name-captioned for clarity.

He's kinda-sorta undead. Long story, going back to Remender's Uncanny Avengers.
    thats not how he was in the last book that Rosenberg wrote (Astonishing X-men). Banshee currently being undead now hasnt been explained

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

So,... are we totally ignore that somehow Mirage got her powers back with the whole psych bow and arrow plus have a psych connection to Rahne?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    So,... are we totally ignore that somehow Mirage got her powers back with the whole psych bow and arrow plus have a psych connection to Rahne?
    We acknowledged that like 2 months ago when it first happened

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    We acknowledged that like 2 months ago when it first happened
    Yeah and then we blamed the Warlock virus, which is gone now. So this had not explained yet.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"

Incredible Member

thats not how he was in the last book that Rosenberg wrote (Astonishing X-men). Banshee currently being undead now hasnt been explained
    Well, true, he didn't look quite so bad, but that was Greg Land's linework. I'm presuming this was how he was meant to look all along (with the whole "Death Seed" thing), and Land just couldn't find someone like that to trace.

Quote Originally Posted by SanityOrMadness View Post
    Well, true, he didn't look quite so bad, but that was Greg Land's linework. I'm presuming this was how he was meant to look all along (with the whole "Death Seed" thing), and Land just couldn't find someone like that to trace.
    No, its not just the art. Rosenberg had Banshee talking lucid and in control of himself. He's a mindless zombie in UXM

Yeah and then we blamed the Warlock virus, which is gone now. So this had not explained yet.
    The TO virus still makes the most sense. Apparently it repaired her X-gene by reactivating it. I really dont need much beyond that. Dani was depowered for so long that I'd have accepted Juggernaut farting on her restoring those powers
    Last edited by Havok83; 04-17-2019 at 02:38 PM.

Incredible Member

No, its not just the art. Rosenberg had Banshee talking lucid and in control of himself. He's a mindless zombie in UXM
    Briefly, and only in the last issue - before that he was a "mindless zombie" there. And he acknowledged the whole "death seed" thing wasn't sorted. He's relapsed :shrug:

Really not enjoying this run on Uncanny. Too many deaths with too little importance and impact to the plot. It is too gratuitous.

I liked that Cyclops gave voice to the others x-men. it was about time, he doesn't need all the burden on him.

Rosenberg should had executed a better plan to put the team together, from nowhere Hope is o with Scott methods and team

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Ok, so this was... a bit of a mixed bag. I enjoyed Rosenberg's character work, so the first half of the issue worked really well for me.

Then Hope suddenly decides to join forces with the X-Men after shooting out Scott's eye last issue - so is the War of the Realms tie-in definitely happening in between issues of the main book? Because I feel there's something missing with regards to Hope's change of heart. Rahne leaving I guess will also be followed up on the side mini... along with the last page? Unless that's what triggers Dani's involvement? (Aside from elves and Frost Giants invading Manhattan, that is)

Then we get to the hilarious bit: I actually laughed out loud when Magneto was revealed to be Joseph. I didn't even realize he was still alive, nor was his return (followed by a quick demise) anything I particularly wished for. I mean... really? Joseph? Followed by Kwannon, no less! Is Adam X in the next issue along with Gideon perhaps?

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I... uh... Didn't even realize that she wasn't using the TO here. What the ****?
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Do they make it crystal clear to the other xmen that although kwannon has Psylockes iconic costume and psyblade....that she is in fact Kwannon?

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Do they make it crystal clear to the other xmen that although kwannon has Psylockes iconic costume and psyblade....that she is in fact Kwannon?
    Yes, Logan says: "It's Kwannon."

Rahnes linked to Asgard. She became pregnant with that Wolf's child. She's not dead

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Magneto already murdered a bunch on X-men blue. I don't think there is many to kill
    It's the principle. Rosenberg's run has been a straight up bloodbath. For the X-Men to walk into an Hellfire Club that didn't Game of Thrones the crap out of each other would be lame.

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    Then Hope suddenly decides to join forces with the X-Men after shooting out Scott's eye last issue - so is the War of the Realms tie-in definitely happening in between issues of the main book? Because I feel there's something missing with regards to Hope's change of heart. Rahne leaving I guess will also be followed up on the side mini... along with the last page? Unless that's what triggers Dani's involvement? (Aside from elves and Frost Giants invading Manhattan, that is)
    You'd think they could've devoted, gee, I dunno, a literal handful of panels for those particular plot points. Or something.

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    Then we get to the hilarious bit: I actually laughed out loud when Magneto was revealed to be Joseph. I didn't even realize he was still alive, nor was his return (followed by a quick demise) anything I particularly wished for. I mean... really? Joseph? Followed by Kwannon, no less! Is Adam X in the next issue along with Gideon perhaps?
    The Joseph part was hilarious. Poor guy's still being punished for the whole thingy with Rogue back in the day.
    Last edited by FluffyCyclopsRLZ; 04-17-2019 at 03:13 PM.