Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Shoot Synch has been dead for damn near 20 years at this point
    I knoooooow

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Damn, bro.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by comeatmebro View Post
    no one misses Synch, he was the most boring member of his team
    If everyone was Emma Frost or Wolverine books would be boring. In comedy there is something known as "the straight man", their job is to be maintain composure when crazy stuff is happening it helps contrast things and highlights what the other character is doing more.Characters have different roles to play in stories. Calling Synch boring is misleading he is same archetype as Captain America, Cyclops, Superman, etc and yes sometimes they fall on the boring end of the spectrum but when they have their moments it is near inspirational.

I miss Synch, He was one of few Black male character who wasn't a stereotypical gangbanger or angry black man just a well adjusted smart(but not a nerd) heroic character. I am fine if he doesn't come back because deaths have to mean something in comics but we have seen focus on Glob Herman, Eyeboy, Rockslide, or Hindsight, Morph, Shark Girl etc just to name a few. I think I can find couple worse or less interesting characters get shine in books in X-men books presently. I think I am fine with a world where Shark Girl is gone and Synch is around.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 04-19-2019 at 03:14 AM.

Shark Girl is a shark girl. She will stay safe.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Shark Girl is a shark girl. She will stay safe.
    Until writers need to kill minor characters for drama and stakes

Until writers need to kill *minority characters for drama and stakes
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

Lol, WoTR can't even beat batman & JL in ComiXology.
    Screenshot_20190419-170632.jpg

When will we get comichron monthly sales chart?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    Lol, WoTR can't even beat batman & JL in ComiXology.
    Screenshot_20190419-170632.jpg

When will we get comichron monthly sales chart?
    This is good, normal runs beating events hell yeah !!! this way we won't have dumb ass events intrup good runs 'couse a good run sells better.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gurz View Post
    This is good, normal runs beating events hell yeah !!! this way we won't have dumb ass events intrup good runs 'couse a good run sells better.
    I wish for one week uncanny beats the WoTR.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    I wish for one week uncanny beats the WoTR.
    Wait for Hickman

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Until writers need to kill *minority characters for drama and stakes
    you know cyclops, jean, logan, professor x and countless others have all died. Storm never has. they don't kill minority characters for drama stakes, they kill characters, of all races, for drama

Quote Originally Posted by jpmst17 View Post
    you know cyclops, jean, logan, professor x and countless others have all died. Storm never has. they don't kill minority characters for drama stakes, they kill characters, of all races, for drama
    Storm has died though. She dies. Seasonably.

There was that time with the Brood, there was LIFEDEATH, there was her transformation in the Morlock tunnels, the haircut, the tensions and challenges with Yukio, with life in the mansion, with humanizing her Goddessness, with her origin from the rubble into the streets a thief who goes on a walkabout home, home being a place she's never been, her powers on off and how that's influenced everybody who has lost their powers and struggled with that identity (most notably Dani), with being team leader, her full cast Adversary into Outback thing, there were/have been so many of these progressions throughout Storm's life, with Nanny and Gambit in that thing too...transformation, weather system, she's always dying these character deaths and that's part of what makes her so iconic and heroic. Storm is least knowable and readable and relatable when she's forced into a stationary role. When she's queened and crowned. When she's not one second leading the team, next second walking away, next second all of a sudden scary powerful and gigantic and feral as a hurricane...a force so irrepressible and certain that it nulls petty argument and indoor complaints...dark skies and power outages and her in the eye of it all...

But yes, there's something really earned and awesome about her not dying when she dies. Like she's unwilling or simply unable to play the tragedy or comedy or mythological trope. She's somehow and almost paradoxically so very mortal and human...sometimes I forget this, all this about her - someday, maybe...when the Earth is seen from space during some huge crossover dystopian reboot opera...maybe discovering a molecule from the original big bang won't seem so significant...when everybody looks and sees one hero struggling to save one planet...with her powers and herself, too busy to even turn around and...someday the only threat and every threat is a global threat and the only globe we know we can go to and get to and give to is this one where we are and am...it has died a few times, like Storm, without dying...perhaps she and Earth can only die that way once. Extinction isn't the end. But our extinction...for us...is the last extinction also for Earth. Without a 'language' like ours...that distinction and revolution in evolution...ends.

Storm is awesome.

UXM #16 2019, a little of everything...hmm, it can feel crowded and ironically empty...too much of not enough.
    Last edited by sungila; 04-19-2019 at 11:50 AM.
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote

Quote Originally Posted by sungila View Post

There was that time with the Brood, there was LIFEDEATH, there was her transformation in the Morlock tunnels, the haircut, the tensions and challenges with Yukio, with life in the mansion, with humanizing her Goddessness, with her origin from the rubble into the streets a thief who goes on a walkabout home, home being a place she's never been, her powers on off and how that's influenced everybody who has lost their powers and struggled with that identity (most notably Dani), with being team leader, her full cast Adversary into Outback thing, there were/have been so many of these progressions throughout Storm's life, with Nanny and Gambit in that thing too...transformation, weather system, she's always dying these character deaths and that's part of what makes her so iconic and heroic. Storm is least knowable and readable and relatable when she's forced into a stationary role. When she's queened and crowned. When she's not one second leading the team, next second walking away, next second all of a sudden scary powerful and gigantic and feral as a hurricane...a force so irrepressible and certain that it nulls petty argument and indoor complaints...dark skies and power outages and her in the eye of it all...

But yes, there's something really earned and awesome about her not dying when she dies. Like she's unwilling or simply unable to play the tragedy or comedy or mythological trope. She's somehow and almost paradoxically so very mortal and human...sometimes I forget this, all this about her - someday, maybe...when the Earth is seen from space during some huge crossover dystopian reboot opera...maybe discovering a molecule from the original big bang won't seem so significant...when everybody looks and sees one hero struggling to save one planet...with her powers and herself, too busy to even turn around and...someday the only threat and every threat is a global threat and the only globe we know we can go to and get to and give to is this one where we are and am...it has died a few times, like Storm, without dying...perhaps she and Earth can only die that way once. Extinction isn't the end. But our extinction...for us...is the last extinction also for Earth. Without a 'language' like ours...that distinction and revolution in evolution...ends.

Storm is awesome.

UXM #16 2019, a little of everything...hmm, it can feel crowded and ironically empty...too much of not enough.
    Come on. Those were not real deaths and you know it. She’s never actually been killed off and taken off the table for years. A fake out cliffhanger is not that

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Come on. Those were not real deaths and you know it. She’s never actually been killed off and taken off the table for years. A fake out cliffhanger is not that
    Yep. Literally every single major hero had a near-death or actual death followed by resurrection right away plot.

Quote Originally Posted by sungila View Post

Storm is awesome.

what? for like 2 issues? these other characters died for years