Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526 LastLast

Thread: UXM 16 Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Moving the school to the middle of Central Park was wonderful too, right?

Again, the best advertisement for Scott's leadership is the performance of Storm, Kitty and Wolverine in the last few years.
    absolutely. Scott is usually the leader because he has the experience and is willing to make the tough decisions many others won't. Storm has done some hard things too, but nowhere near as many as Scott. Essentially for every big event, Scott has been the one to see them through. Extraordinary X-Men reduced storm to a shell of her leadership self, and she even gave up being leader and headmistress to kitty because she couldn't handle it. I think that was terrible writing and not who storm is, but it did happen.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Scott's not even in charge of the team anymore. Why is him leading an issue?

I'm pretty sure the new leader of the X-men will be Xavier. At this point, sure why not.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I don't think Scott leading a team is an issue but if someone has to be in charge, let someone else do it. Jean feels like the best bet. Both of the times she's done it in the past she's done it well.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I don't think Scott leading a team is an issue but if someone has to be in charge, let someone else do it. Jean feels like the best bet. Both of the times she's done it in the past she's done it well.
    With Xavier coming back, it makes more sense for it to be him. Jean has yet to come across morally difficult situations as a leader. Red was a good showing, but Nova didn't feel like that big of a threat.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    With Xavier coming back, it makes more sense for it to be him. Jean has yet to come across morally difficult situations as a leader. Red was a good showing, but Nova didn't feel like that big of a threat.
    Did you read Grant Morrison's run at all? Jean dealt with Nova then too, as well as Xorneto and the U-Men. I think she's proven herself plenty capable and the fact is that no X-Man should be willing to trust Charles Xavier these days; it isn't the 90s anymore and he's the seediest that he has ever been
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Did you read Grant Morrison's run at all? Jean dealt with Nova then too, as well as Xorneto and the U-Men. I think she's proven herself plenty capable and the fact is that no X-Man should be willing to trust Charles Xavier these days; it isn't the 90s anymore and he's the seediest that he has ever been
    Read it once, wasn't a fan. Jean is completely different now than in Morrison's run. I don't remember Jean being the one to stop Nova and I'm pretty sure she died at the end of the run. But yes, she's a capable leader, but Xavier is probably more capable than her. That's not a knock on Jean's capabilities, but considering there is an upcoming relaunch, it makes sense for Xavier to be at the helm. Also, who said Jean couldn't lead a team under him? I don't understand the hate towards Xavier here.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

Read it once, wasn't a fan. Jean is completely different now than in Morrison's run. I don't remember Jean being the one to stop Nova and I'm pretty sure she died at the end of the run. But yes, she's a capable leader, but Xavier is probably more capable than her. That's not a knock on Jean's capabilities, but considering there is an upcoming relaunch, it makes sense for Xavier to be at the helm. Also, who said Jean couldn't lead a team under him? I don't understand the hate towards Xavier here.
    Jean in X-men Red is a natural evolution of New X-men Jean. Taylor's portrayal was HEAVILY inspired by what Morrison did. Jean in Uncanny was very much like Red Jean (although not as well written as the focus wasnt on Jean). I think its false to say she is completely different than she was in Morrison's run. She feels and reads like the same character

No one should trust Xavier and after the stunt he pulled in Astonishing, he hasnt changed and in many ways is worse than he was before he died.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Jean in X-men Red is a natural evolution of New X-men Jean. Taylor's portrayal was HEAVILY inspired by what Morrison did. Jean in Uncanny was very much like Red Jean (although not as well written as the focus wasnt on Jean). I think its false to say she is completely different than she was in Morrison's run. She feels and reads like the same character

No one should trust Xavier and after the stunt he pulled in Astonishing, he hasnt changed and in many ways is worse than he was before he died.
    I think we'll have to agree to disagree on the Xmen Red Jean. I personally wasn't that big of a fan, and the direction Taylor gave Jean seemed hollow to me.

As far as Xavier goes, yeah he's done extremely questionable things, especially with Scott; but if he's going to be different from X in Hickman's book, he's still the choice I think that's best fit to lead the X-men for a relaunch. The X-men feel disconnected, so I think it makes sense for Xavier to hopefully get redeemed at the same time.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

Scott's not even in charge of the team anymore. Why is him leading an issue?

I'm pretty sure the new leader of the X-men will be Xavier. At this point, sure why not.
    Because that issue is before #16.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I personally think that leadership is overrated and a really problematic position.

it is synonymous of spotlight and development but also of very bad things, there is a point were it can become a problem

sure leaders tell the others what to do but they are also responsible for other people actions, just look at AvX for example it put cyclops in the front and center of the marvel universe, gave him tons of spotlight but it also made him look pretty bad and the whole debacle ended up being his fault or blamed on him.

or the original civil war, it elevated ironman's profile but it was at the expense of making him look like a jerk.

when a character gets in to the spotlight the first thing some writers or editors want is to tear them apart, to make them make mistakes, to suffer and sometimes to change (not always for the better).

when a character leads a team he/she/it will look cool but there will also exist many risk. It is not something i would wish for most characters to be honest.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 04-24-2019 at 08:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Because that issue is before #16.
    But this is #16's thread.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

But this is #16's thread.
    Oh, when you meant why is him leading an issue, I thought you were comparing his decision to today’s issue. But if it’s a group of leaders, at least let some have some spotlight. Especially away from the person that was just single-handedly leading them for an arc already.

I do not know why you want other characters to lead, when it only serves so that everything that happens under the sun happens to be your fault.

Havok could break an ankle down the stairs and it would be Scott's fault.

BANNED

Jordan said the legacy number of UXM 16 is a mistake here and should have been UXM 638.

So much for an editor who didn't check properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    X-men leader is a 3 part thing

1.Diplomat / aka representative head of mutant world politically
    2.Headmaster of School/ Guardian of the future generations of mutants
    3. Tactical Leader/ Leader of the mutant army
    I love that. The diplomat part is the least successful "historically" and maybe the most needed one.