Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: UXM 16 Spoilers

I wish it had been revealed the reasoning behind Juggernaut's allegiance switch was him being possessed by Karma

BANNED

Damn they killed Joseph that quick? They didn't even let him be a villain for Rogue in her book.

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleDiMera View Post
    Damn they killed Joseph that quick? They didn't even let him be a villain for Rogue in her book.
    so it was a Mercy killing

So many questions...

why would they accept Hope when she just killed a Senator and mutilated Scott?

why would Juggernaut follow Magneto?

where did Toad, Avalanche and Pyro come from?

why bring Joseph back just to kill him? and what the hell is Kwannon doing there?

why would you write all of these in just one issue?

It doesn't seem like the same writer of Multiple Man, Astonishing X-Men and NM Lost Souls.

Every issue on this run so far is composed of rushed plots that come out of nowhere. Kwannon showing up just to kill Joseph and spout non-sensical dialogue is just a big ?????. Maybe it will all get wrapped up nicely but considering Rosenberg's history I'm not hopeful.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    It doesn't seem like the same writer of Multiple Man, Astonishing X-Men and NM Lost Souls.
    Really? Have you read those issues? Because this is exactly his style. Too much stuff crammed in too little space for little to no reason.

I loved the Dead Souls mini and was shocked by the ending but the way it was so quickly and easily resolved in UXM with no point to it has disappointed me.
    I thought there was a bigger picture but now I think this is all being made up issue by issue.

Quote Originally Posted by JaffyJayne View Post
    I loved the Dead Souls mini and was shocked by the ending but the way it was so quickly and easily resolved in UXM with no point to it has disappointed me.
    I thought there was a bigger picture but now I think this is all being made up issue by issue.
    dead souls mini was good. Multiple man was kida of fun but completely went nowhere

uncanny seems to be going nowhere and not being fun

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    So many questions...

why would they accept Hope when she just killed a Senator and mutilated Scott?

why would Juggernaut follow Magneto?

where did Toad, Avalanche and Pyro come from?

why bring Joseph back just to kill him? and what the hell is Kwannon doing there?

why would you write all of these in just one issue?

Like I said in previous issues, seems clear that Rosenberg knows he won't stay in the book for long and wants to burn through all his ideas, even if it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    Every issue on this run so far is composed of rushed plots that come out of nowhere. Kwannon showing up just to kill Joseph and spout non-sensical dialogue is just a big ?????. Maybe it will all get wrapped up nicely but considering Rosenberg's history I'm not hopeful.
    Yeah, I actually didn't mind the story, but it really felt rushed. I felt like there should be more explanation about Kwannon, I guess next issue. I am not really surprised Cain offered to join them, he has been trying to live up to Charles' dream since Charles died. Although, I am surprised he didn't smash Scott, because I am pretty sure Cain promised to kill him someday for killing Charles. Oh well, maybe Cain figured Scott already died so it's all in the past now. They are definitely rushing to prepare for War of the Realms.

I actually didn't mind the lead by consensus idea, it makes sense that with so many people who have lead teams before on the same team that maybe they should have more say in what they do. I even liked the idea that Illyana pulled Hope onto the team by holding a vote on it.

Spectacular Member Doctor_Foxey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    Ok, so this was... a bit of a mixed bag. I enjoyed Rosenberg's character work, so the first half of the issue worked really well for me.

Then Hope suddenly decides to join forces with the X-Men after shooting out Scott's eye last issue - so is the War of the Realms tie-in definitely happening in between issues of the main book? Because I feel there's something missing with regards to Hope's change of heart. Rahne leaving I guess will also be followed up on the side mini... along with the last page? Unless that's what triggers Dani's involvement? (Aside from elves and Frost Giants invading Manhattan, that is)

Then we get to the hilarious bit: I actually laughed out loud when Magneto was revealed to be Joseph. I didn't even realize he was still alive, nor was his return (followed by a quick demise) anything I particularly wished for. I mean... really? Joseph? Followed by Kwannon, no less! Is Adam X in the next issue along with Gideon perhaps?
    I know right? Would you work with someone who shot you in the eye or your teammate/ team leader in the eye? Especially in a capacity in which your’s and other lives are at stake? Crazy sauce. Not to mention that person shot a politician and could just go off and do it again. Would you give them their gun back?
    Last edited by Doctor_Foxey; 04-17-2019 at 04:53 PM.
    check out my art if you are interested

https://doctor-rainbowfoxey.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Really? Have you read those issues? Because this is exactly his style. Too much stuff crammed in too little space for little to no reason.
    His minis were better than this crap

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    His minis were better than this crap
    No, they were still crap.

His Madrox mini ended up with the Madrox we were following all dead, and then one coming literally out of nowhere becoming the 'Prime'.

His Lost Souls ended on a cliffhanger that largely had nothing to do with the main plot (why was Warlock in that house?), while dredging up Karma's brother from over 30 years ago.

Bringing back Tran could have been a good story. If the story was actually about Xi'an and Tran and how being merged together for all of these years has actually affected them, and we got more of Xi'an perspective.

Instead it was 5 issues of the Magik show, sometimes guest starring the New Mutants

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

It's a shame he's running through this story so fast, we could easily get a year or 2 (at least) worth of content if it had some time to breathe.