Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: UXM 16 Spoilers

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Honestly, the worst part of this? Kwannon. She's basically being character assassinated in order to have a Psylocke expy without a literal personality and we are well aware that other creators wanted to use her and surely would have done so in more interesting ways.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    You know what's really bad about this? Cyclops talking about Joseph the way the X-Men talked about him after AvX. I'm not saying their actions are the same because Joseph was clearly being more extreme than Scott was, but the whole "you shouldn't fight them because it forces them to hate us even more" is one of the most stupid things any mutant could say. The only way this could be worse was if both Bishop was here agreeing with Scott's stance.
    I dunno, I really dug Joseph's hilarious "leader of the world's most feared CHILD SOLDIER ARMY EVAH!!" line.

It's like, holy crap, even the noob dead meat guest-stars are getting some of that alternate universe arguing action, lol. At this point, I think it's pretty clear that no character, regardless of alignment, will say anything that makes sense, ever.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

I feel like this song could be this run's theme at this point considering all the deaths and odd choices.

"This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

I think the run is "fine." I have the same issues as a lot of people, but the series is not boring -- I think that would be more offensive. It's funny, but with Game of Thrones back this week, I read this issue and felt a lot similar to how I feel about the show (as a book reader). The show is fine -- I enjoy it. But it cuts a lot of corners. Characters go from point A to point Z, without any clear progression to B or even M. Things don't necessarily feel earned, but it's entertaining nonetheless. That's the current run of X-Men for me. Feels like they're trying to cram a year-long story into six issues. A lot of the big moments are exciting, but they tend to just happen out of thin air.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BAMF View Post
    I think the run is "fine." I have the same issues as a lot of people, but the series is not boring -- I think that would be more offensive. It's funny, but with Game of Thrones back this week, I read this issue and felt a lot similar to how I feel about the show (as a book reader). The show is fine -- I enjoy it. But it cuts a lot of corners. Characters go from point A to point Z, without any clear progression to B or even M. Things don't necessarily feel earned, but it's entertaining nonetheless. That's the current run of X-Men for me. Feels like they're trying to cram a year-long story into six issues. A lot of the big moments are exciting, but they tend to just happen out of thin air.
    That's probably how I'd describe it. Some good and some bad with odd pacing.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Honestly, the worst part of this? Kwannon. She's basically being character assassinated in order to have a Psylocke expy without a literal personality and we are well aware that other creators wanted to use her and surely would have done so in more interesting ways.
    lol Kwannon is even more worthless clone trash than Joseph.

Kwannon helps make this book slightly less white

She'll probably get more to do than Karma

Smash got Joker and we get Kwannon and Joseph. Yaaaaaaaaaaaay...
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post

I actually thought Karma had the singular best showing of the issue.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Smash got Joker and we get Kwannon and Joseph. Yaaaaaaaaaaaay...
    I wonder if the New York has some form of mementos... i would explain so much
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

For that alone she was my favorite part of this issue
    She already has....has Karma possessed ANYONE this century?

Spectacular Member Doctor_Foxey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    lol Kwannon is even more worthless clone trash than Joseph.
    All I can think of when Joseph is mentioned is Deathstrike’s son with the really 80s hair and that’s a minor DC character. I think.
    check out my art if you are interested

https://doctor-rainbowfoxey.tumblr.com/

Spectacular Member Doctor_Foxey's Avatar

I agree with a lot of this. I remember back when I first got into comics you had runs like Chuck Dixon’s on the Robin series which was able to do that. Now all these constant events really disrupted things. It’s much harder to do that kind of story telling now in the big two.
    check out my art if you are interested

https://doctor-rainbowfoxey.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    You know what's really bad about this? Cyclops talking about Joseph the way the X-Men talked about him after AvX. I'm not saying their actions are the same because Joseph was clearly being more extreme than Scott was, but the whole "you shouldn't fight them because it forces them to hate us even more" is one of the most stupid things any mutant could say. The only way this could be worse was if both Bishop was here agreeing with Scott's stance.
    Exactly humans are trying to erase mutants from history. At this point, fighting is a necessary means for mutant survival...

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

It's funny because in Disassemble they basically stretched a 5-issue story into 10...