Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: UXM 16 Spoilers

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    It suuuuuuucks when non Alist repeatedly dying
    Buuuuut kinda exciting :/
    Bite your tongue. Lets not forget how Rosenberg supposedly doesn't like Monet. lol She may be another target.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Twitter(and comic book reviews sites) have super low standards. .
    Comic reviews sites are too dependent on the big 2 to go too hard on major books most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    It's gotten dull now. When you're killing characters every other (if not every) issue, it becomes stale. This just seems more & more like a gimmick book with nothing to genuinely offer.

Step right up to see the newly resurrected Scott & Logan while I fridge as many C and B list characters as possible for attempted controversy.
    I don't know the objective of matthew killing so many characters. Their deaths have been very uneventful and without any momentum. Booooring

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Bite your tongue. Lets not forget how Rosenberg supposedly doesn't like Monet. lol She may be another target.
    He said only 2 and it is men. Monet is saved for now

Also LOL to the song of Emma and Scott reunion.
    Last edited by spirit2011; 04-19-2019 at 07:39 PM.

Velocidad and Ink

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I don't know the objective of matthew killing so many characters. Their deaths have been very uneventful and without any momentum. Booooring

He said only 2 and it is men. Monet is saved for now

Also LOL to the song of Emma and Scott reunion.
    What song?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Velocidad and Ink
    Ink will probably be in Guggs’ 60 page Wolverine vs. Blade epic.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    What song?
    4'33'' by john cage. it is a mute song haha
    Velocidad and Ink
    ink on age of x-man. aldo guggs would kill anyone that killed him

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

4'33'' by john cage. it is a mute song haha
    Ok, thanks for your answer.

Quote Originally Posted by jpmst17 View Post
    the characters i listed are major characters, that is why they have major roles. no disrespect to feral or bedlam fans, but they are not as integral to the mythos of the x-men as cyclops, jean, logan or colossus
    Maybe if they got the same chances that those four got when they returned to life for the 8th time, writers could invest the same time and effort that Claremont did to develop them into classics.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Ink will probably be in Guggs’ 60 page Wolverine vs. Blade epic.
    For the obligatory X-Mansion scene, I'm sure we'll see Ink and Glob in an empty X-Mansion with Logan and the only other character important to the story.

ink on age of x-man. aldo guggs would kill anyone that killed him
    I think Rosenberg might be hinting that he'll continue post-AOXM.
    Last edited by Tycon; 04-19-2019 at 08:27 PM.

3 theories. Pick the one that makes the least sense. That’s probably the correct answer...

1) I’ve said it before but I’ll throw it out there again. Uncanny is the alternate reality, not Age of X.

2) the legacy number for this week’s issue was not wrong. The release date was. We got issue 19 this week instead of 16 accidentally. That’s why nothing made sense.

3) They ran out of ‘90’s x-men stories to re-do, so they moved on to ‘90’s Avengers. They started with The Crossing.

Thoughts?
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I can not stop laughing with how the previous issue ended with a cliffhinger that have been COMPLETELY ignored this issue.
    That seems to be Rosenberg's style.

He always end each issue with a cliffhanger that is left hanging in the next issue.

Eg. When New Mutants dead souls ended, we have to wait nearly one year to see the New Mutants again and it's still not completely resolved like what happened to Tran.

Quote Originally Posted by sungila View Post
    She was in a movie, she was in teen 05 Jean, she was in Scott, in Wolverine, Hope, in the reissues and re-reads and long bin discoveries, in everything. Her death is part of her life and a big part of everything the X-Men are since she walked into the mansion as "she's a girl" because we know what happens to the girl in comic books right? Well, Jean does die, but that's not all!

Do I need to talk about how Jean in death was and is very alive in X-Books always will be always has been? Jean in death is in Jean in life. And Gwen Stacy is Spider Gwen now. And that's good, but Spider Gwen is 'the Death of Gwen Stacy' her iconic death is dead and dies in the integrity of who she has become and who she is now is integral to what Spider-Verse has become and will be.

Death in modern day X-Books: Rosenberg's UXM begins with death, then two and twenty resurrections. UXM is all about death being origin and destination but not at all the fixed actual places or purpose of the characters and cast. It's not the point, but it's the whole idea of vengeance and grief and trauma and reconciliation and all that...characters doing cool stuff...it's about change...people gotta die for it, to die for it, death with a follow through.

"This will kill you." is today's "Hope you survive the experience."
    yeah, that's not the same at all. the young 05 were not comparable to the adult versions that had all the character development for 40 years. and saying she lived on in (insert name) is lame too. at the end of the day, fans want their characters alive. the actual characters, not some knock off

Maybe if they got the same chances that those four got when they returned to life for the 8th time, writers could invest the same time and effort that Claremont did to develop them into classics.

For the obligatory X-Mansion scene, I'm sure we'll see Ink and Glob in an empty X-Mansion with Logan and the only other character important to the story.

I think Rosenberg might be hinting that he'll continue post-AOXM.
    but that's the things, they've had young x-men books, they just haven't caught on. cannonball is a great character, he's had plenty of chances and has tons of fans, been in an avengers book, and he's still not as popular or as loved as any of the 4 i mentioned. would i like to see more cannonball? sure. would i like to see cannonball over jean or scott? nope.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jpmst17 View Post
    but that's the things, they've had young x-men books, they just haven't caught on. cannonball is a great character, he's had plenty of chances and has tons of fans, been in an avengers book, and he's still not as popular or as loved as any of the 4 i mentioned. would i like to see more cannonball? sure. would i like to see cannonball over jean or scott? nope.
    Marvel ignores popularity for the status quo all the time. Magik became extremely popular during Gillen/Bendis, got merchandise, appeared in videogames and yet still got unceremoniously dropped during Resurxion and has only appeared in Rosenberg books since.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Marvel ignores popularity for the status quo all the time. Magik became extremely popular during Gillen/Bendis, got merchandise, appeared in videogames and yet still got unceremoniously dropped during Resurxion and has only appeared in Rosenberg books since.
    She appeared in Gugg's Gold as well and the Red Annual by Taylor