Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526 LastLast

Thread: UXM 16 Spoilers

BANNED

What Marvel should do is let the dead weights and D listers lead. They will fail and sales will fall to the floor.

nobody but their tiny fan bases really cares about most of the lesser characters. there is a reason they haven't succeded yet, not even with forced pushes.

some characters just weren't made for being great, some concepts are flawed from the start.
    Last edited by 404ArgeTal; 04-25-2019 at 01:04 PM.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I do not know why you want other characters to lead, when it only serves so that everything that happens under the sun happens to be your fault.

Havok could break an ankle down the stairs and it would be Scott's fault.
    No doubt about it. It's another reason I want Xavier in charge, it will most likely remove some tension from Scott, not to mention the other leaders as well.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by 404ArgeTal View Post
    What Marvel should do is let the dead weights and D listers lead. They will fail and sales will fall to the floor.

nobody but their tiny fan bases really cares about most of the lesser characters. there is a reason they haven't succeded yet, not even with forced pushes.

some characters jus weren't made for being great, some concepts are flawed from the start.
    Thank you.

BANNED

I mean, Marvel gave you guys an entire universe without Cyclops (Age of X-man) and it is selling like trash. All those #1 at 30k, i'm eagerly waiting for the next sales report to see how worse and how hard many of these other characters fail. It is too bad Marvel had to drag Jean and Storm into this mess.

Lol yeah not having Cyclops is why AoXm isn't selling.

Sure Jan.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

But... none of the Age of X-Man books are exclusively following D-Listers other than NextGen...

They're mostly filled with A and B listers.

Marvelous has Jean Grey, Storm, Magneto, Nightcrawler, Colossus, and X-23.
    Nightcrawler has, well, Nightcrawler.
    X-Tremists has Psylocke, Iceman, and Jubilee.
    Prisoner X has Polaris, Bishop, Moonstar, and Beast.
    X-Tracts has Apocalypse, Dazzler, and Kitty Pryde.

It's only NextGen really LEANING on C and D listers.

It's issue is that no one wanted this Age of X-Man event. They wanted what they were getting in, for instance, X-Men Red.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

It depends on the defintion of D lister.

the only true A lister the x-men have is Wolverine. With long solos, ton of minis, constant crossovers and his own rogues gallery, movie trilogy and series.

then come characters like Cyclops or Storm, main stays but still not solo heroes and they need a team to work well. Some think these count as A listers but in reality these are closer to B in the grand scheme of things.

most x-men are C and D listers. Minor characters that aren't mainstays or don't have stories or connections. These characters could die and it wouldn't really matter. they just have vocal but small fan bases that overblow their characters worth.
    Last edited by 404ArgeTal; 04-25-2019 at 03:16 PM.

I mean, Marvel gave you guys an entire universe without Cyclops (Age of X-man) and it is selling like trash. All those #1 at 30k, i'm eagerly waiting for the next sales report to see how worse and how hard many of these other characters fail. It is too bad Marvel had to drag Jean and Storm into this mess.
    You think the age of X-man is failing because of lack of Cyclops or Wolverine or A list character spotlight? The internet is crazy at times. Age of X-man Let's do an alternate reality that nobody particular wants again and the event that interrupts mainline books and version of characters that people want to see, Let's combine that mistake with a lack of advertising because the plot of the books needs a level secrecy to work. Make an event that everyone knows that won't have long term impact and pretty much any with common sense knows a new status quo is coming after. Then combine those mistake with the event being character driven and slow pace event. Sprinkle in a lack of big-name creators and you get the full recipe for an event that isn't amazing in numbers.

Age of X-man isn't about forcing D-lister into the spotlight. So it was a pointless statement

Ultimate Member

some characters just weren't made for being great, some concepts are flawed from the start.
    So better to endlessly milk the B and C listers?

That's a recipe for success!

BANNED

It's the fact that all these aren't real and won't have lasting effect that I didn't bother to read or buy it.

Not because the A-listers are not there.

BANNED

whoa this story looks like it's floundering big-time. I wonder whom shall they kill next depending upon their whim in any other titles? Magic perhaps for being a abomination? Deadpool? Major X? Not *gasp* Shogo a la Lian Harper?

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    You think the age of X-man is failing because of lack of Cyclops or Wolverine or A list character spotlight? The internet is crazy at times. Age of X-man Let's do an alternate reality that nobody particular wants again and the event that interrupts mainline books and version of characters that people want to see, Let's combine that mistake with a lack of advertising because the plot of the books needs a level secrecy to work. Make an event that everyone knows that won't have long term impact and pretty much any with common sense knows a new status quo is coming after. Then combine those mistake with the event being character driven and slow pace event. Sprinkle in a lack of big-name creators and you get the full recipe for an event that isn't amazing in numbers.
    It's failing for many reasons, but lack of scott and logan doesn't help. the book they are in is almost selling double what AOX is doing. The story is bad and boring for the most part. Marvelous, prisoner x and x-tracts are all fine enough, but i don't see any of this mattering once the event ends. you are right though, it's an event no one asked for and it just isn't delivering much of anything

No one was clamoring for the nth alternate universe, 5 month + of pointless development that have no weight on the 616 proper, thanks but no thanks .......no matter who's in it!
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    No one was clamoring for the nth alternate universe, 5 month + of pointless development that have no weight on the 616 proper, thanks but no thanks .......no matter who's in it!
    You know that how?