Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: UXM 16 Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by magneticmushroom View Post
    Magneto's helmet is what protects from telepathy. She only noticed when it was knocked off Joseph's noggin.
    Ugh the helmet, telepathy thing still bugs me. It was never a thing before that abomination of a movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Joe View Post
    I reckon the run so far is deliberately confusing. It is meant to convey a sense of things running out of control. It is a kind of counterbalance to the Age Of X-Man stuff, and I think it is working, particularly with the dark feel.

The Wolfsbane death is very obviously going to be explained in the War Of The Realms mini, and with her Asgardian links it may not be as bad as it seems.

This, for me, is still a great read, and I'm sure some of these loose ends are going to be brought together. A lot of what he's been doing has already been brought together into this book, and I've enjoyed that journey so far. I see no reason to think he isn't writing the comic this way for a reason.

Certainly I'm prepared to give the guy a break, and the benefit of the doubt while I enjoy the ride.
    Yeah, lots of overreacting here. It was a single very bad issue, and people are condemning all the run.
    Come on, we read 36 bad issues of X-men Gold. It's nothing compared to that.

Quote Originally Posted by magneticmushroom View Post
    Magneto's helmet is what protects from telepathy. She only noticed when it was knocked off Joseph's noggin.
    No, nothing to do with the helmet, after she goes into his mind, she says “his mind... somethings wrong!” Is such an odd thing to say.
    Any other telepath would have just said, “oh, it’s Joseph”.
    Plus, what was the problem with using her power on Pyro, Avalanche or Toad? One scan of them would have sorted the situation out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    Yeah, lots of overreacting here. It was a single very bad issue, and people are condemning all the run.
    What do you me we? I was team blue xD but yeah even that was bad.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JaffyJayne View Post
    No, nothing to do with the helmet, after she goes into his mind, she says “his mind... somethings wrong!” Is such an odd thing to say.
    Any other telepath would have just said, “oh, it’s Joseph”.
    Plus, what was the problem with using her power on Pyro, Avalanche or Toad? One scan of them would have sorted the situation out.
    That's because all the other telepaths have met Joseph.

Its not a single issue. This book has been terrible since the first issue and we are on #16

Gold was consistently laughable.
    This has been really good in the preceding issues. The shift in quality is so off in this issue.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    >Kwannon. Nice intro. She's suffering some kind of dissociative episode?
    I'm inclined to think it's because she's some sort of Kwannon-residue with very little memory, rather than whole-Revanche. Wolverine's assuming it's Kwannon because of the (not entirely unreasonable) assumption that "if it looks like Japanese-Betsy, but it can't be, it's probably Kwannon".

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Also, you guys think Kwannon will join? The team is pretty crowded as is.
    Well, if she's not, why use her (unless she's going to be cannon fodder...)? Hell, why (re)create her rather than just letting Japanese-Psylocke-body die? (It was *meant* to be dead when they found her after her soul had been eaten, after all)

Good action scenes but the story itself is horrible and full of holes. The fact that they put so many elements without going deeper makes everything meaningless.

On one hand they admit that the mutant race is finished and the X-men with them and on the other continue to defend Xavier's dream and that there is still hope for the mutant species. They deliver some mutants to authorities and let others (some villains) join them with the excuse that all sins are forgiven.

They are attacking mutants that are literally fighting for mutants even if it is by violent means that does not change the fact that humans are literally exterminating mutants and the X-men are doing nothing but punishing any mutant that want to fight back .

This is so stupid more than ever this shows that they are just killing time until Age of X-man ends and the next event starts.

Ok, even the worst of Uncanny has been better than Gold but that does not mean it was good.

I felt a bad headache with this chapter. Ranhe's death was put in the chapter in an embarrassing way , pity this could have been an opportunity to glorify the character (although I never liked it). His death is very symbolic, even if the absence of the representation of the act does not help to understand the importance of this , the x men are soldiers, who have always fought a battle that does not seem to end, Ranhe wished to live a life considered normal but died in the attempt. The x-men who are symbols of child soldiers (Karma speaks of mutants as soldiers in this chapter) will never have the chance to enjoy life and live a period of peace fully ... they will always remember that pain of fighting a war that has never been started by them or wanted to be fought, and Ranhe symbolizes the impossibility of forgetting and leaving this lifestyle sincerely.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    Good action scenes but the story itself is horrible and full of holes. The fact that they put so many elements without going deeper makes everything meaningless.

On one hand they admit that the mutant race is finished and the X-men with them and on the other continue to defend Xavier's dream and that there is still hope for the mutant species. They deliver some mutants to authorities and let others (some villains) join them with the excuse that all sins are forgiven.

They are attacking mutants that are literally fighting for mutants even if it is by violent means that does not change the fact that humans are literally exterminating mutants and the X-men are doing nothing but punishing any mutant that want to fight back .

This is so stupid more than ever this shows that they are just killing time until Age of X-man ends and the next event starts.
    That's what happens when you listen to CBR hatewagon for Scott.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Another great issue from this marvelous Uncanny Run! So far Rosenberg hasn't disappointed, it was nice seeing Kwannon again, with the iconic costume no less! Rahne's off-panel death is really heartbreaking, and I'm looking forward to the resolution. The decision of creating a council is a good one for the future of the X-Men. I feel like we are in a good era, the future for the X-Men franchise is bright!
    Can't. Stop. Laughing.

Please, no more!
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I have liked the previous issue but sadly this was definetely a weak one. Hopeful the next ones are better (i mean the others weren't that bad) so i won't give up on the book yet.

BANNED

Another great issue, way more entertaining than all of Age of X-Man combined so far