Default Has Galactus fought Surtur?

just wondering, if this matchup has ever happened yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    just wondering, if this matchup has ever happened yet?
    No. I dont think this fight has ever happened.

If it did, Galactus has the magnitude of feats to suggest he could finish Surtur off without too much difficulty.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

I'm pretty sure it hasn't happened, as well.

However, although it's dependent on the situation, Surtur is generally presented as being on a similar level to Odin.

Odin being a guy who knocked himself out when headbutting a hungry Galactus.

In other words, if Surtur and Galactus did fight, Galactus would win handily.

Quote Originally Posted by KJS View Post

However, although it's dependent on the situation, Surtur is generally presented as being on a similar level to Odin.

Nah nah nah, there's Odin's tactical error right there. Galactus was hungry enough, but Odin wasn't hangry enough.

Quote Originally Posted by KJS View Post

Yeah, totally agree.

Didn't Odin fight Doom with Galactus' power absorbed and get stomped by him also?
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

How would Surtur and Galactus (individually) fare against the Dread Dormammu?

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Yeah, totally agree.

Didn't Odin fight Doom with Galactus' power absorbed and get stomped by him also?
    He did.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    How would Surtur and Galactus (individually) fare against the Dread Dormammu?
    Similarly to Surtur, Dormammu is around Odin's level (although, again, this is dependent on the scenario, as he's far more powerful in his own realm).

This means Surtur and Dormammu has the potential to be a close battle, but Galactus and Dormammu is another easy win for Galactus in a standard Rumbles setting.

Again, I agree with KJS here.

I will say, both at full power, a direct conflict perhaps favors Surtur by a small margin. Dude has hollowed out galaxies and such. If prep is involved then Dormammu should edge out Surtur.
    - big_adventure

Agamotto did fight Galactus to an inconclusive ending so if either Surtur or Dormammu are anywhere near Agamotto's level, the fights against the Big G could be closer than expected. Maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by k von doom View Post
    Agamotto did fight Galactus to an inconclusive ending
    Wasn't that in his own realm, which he is at one with? He essentially IS that realm, and draws power from it - similarly to how Dormammu does in his home dimension. It's almost impossible to beat him there because if his body is destroyed, another one would just spawn from the very environment.

Whereas, outside of his own realm, he's on a similar level to Dormammu when he's not in the Dark Dimension.

Basically, Agamotto loses to Galactus in a Rumbles setting.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Feat-wise, Furnace Face doesn't have what it takes to beat Galactus. Presentation-wise, he's supposedly Odin's opposite number and a pretty powerful dimensional entity in his own right (he is not a 'hell-lord' or whatever Marvel wants to call him these days, he has zero connections to such beings -- aside from possibly being the dude who created Satannish -- and gives no craps about souls and the like).

So, presentation and feats, he doesn't have the oomph.

That's not to say that with massive amounts of one-sided prep and a cosmic gimme he couldn't manage it. But we're getting into a 'The Dorm can beat Galactus in a story' situation. Rumbles, I don't think he's winning any better than Odin, and actually comes out worse (featwise, again, Furnace Face doesn't stack up to the old Amnesia-Dust thrower, though he's at least in the ballpark).

Agamotto? Is more powerful than Dormammu, as a member of the Vishanti. I think it's often forgotten that the Vishanti are three of the most potent entities a sorcerer can call upon, in a group that includes beings like Cyttorak.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate